Jump to content

W6Saint

January Exits

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, John Gotti said:

I wonder if Jim Kellermann will get offloaded as well, IIRC he is on a 2 year deal.

Not sure how hes getting on at Fylde though you would have to imagine if he isn't a standout in that league then he will most likely be added to the list of departures. I feel for him, as he was one of very few who were genuinely never given an opportunity. Ironically a player from non-league English football and Stubbs snubs him. Maybe something to do with Jack Ross signing him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

Not sure how hes getting on at Fylde though you would have to imagine if he isn't a standout in that league then he will most likely be added to the list of departures. I feel for him, as he was one of very few who were genuinely never given an opportunity. Ironically a player from non-league English football and Stubbs snubs him. Maybe something to do with Jack Ross signing him?

Played the first dozen or so games, but the disappeared for a bit, possibly due to injury.

Hasn't been in the squad in the last couple of games.

Doesn't appear to have established himself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, John Gotti said:

I wonder if Jim Kellermann will get offloaded as well, IIRC he is on a 2 year deal.

If Fylde are paying his wages, I can’t see us recalling him just to release him. Let him finish the season there, we can offload him in the summer, or if relegated he may be worth keeping.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/28/2018 at 9:45 AM, djchapsticks said:

Heaton will surely go down as the worst piece of incoming business ever done by the club. 

 

Certainly in the post-Bosman era, nowadays if a club our size pays a fee for a player he's gotta be an automatic first team pick.

IMO the plan was for Heaton to be hyped up & moved on for a profit before the three years were up - best laid plans etc.......:( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Certainly in the post-Bosman era, nowadays if a club our size pays a fee for a player he's gotta be an automatic first team pick.

IMO the plan was for Heaton to be hyped up & moved on for a profit before the three years were up - best laid plans etc.......:( 

Heaton was signed as the guy Stubbs wanted to build “his” team around.........

Edited by WeeBud

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Reality check......
The club will have to PAY to shift just one contracted player, never mind the TEN or more people expect. Still think we will be shifting fifteen or more in and out?

Reality check....

You know feck all what’s going on at the club regarding this.

Players will leave without us having to pay anything others will probably not that’s up to the club and players that OK wants to move on to try sort out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Heaton on twitter saying " bring on 2019", suggesting maybe he might have something to look forward too. 

Maybe that's his shirt number ? Never been sighted so no one would be any the wiser !!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/28/2018 at 11:51 AM, lenziebud said:

Going by this board and wider social media, Stubbs appointment was seen as a really good one ?.

Very few dissenting voices at the time.

Bollocks. After Stubbs last gig at Rotherham it was clear he was clueless. Board knee jerked after Jack and Stubbs sold them on Everton under 23s. We go down Board should resign. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Bollocks. After Stubbs last gig at Rotherham it was clear he was clueless. Board knee jerked after Jack and Stubbs sold them on Everton under 23s. We go down Board should resign. 

The same board that appointed Jack Ross should resign for it not working out with Stubbs ? Nae bother .

Some you win , some you lose. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, munoz said:

The same board that appointed Jack Ross should resign for it not working out with Stubbs ? Nae bother .

Some you win , some you lose. 

Just another chapter for Fitz. Maybe a slight over reaction. Forum and Gin bad combo :whistle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Bollocks. After Stubbs last gig at Rotherham it was clear he was clueless. Board knee jerked after Jack and Stubbs sold them on Everton under 23s. We go down Board should resign. 

You're pulling our chains DJ. 

JR.... Worked out until he dumped us. 

AS... We signed him on the rebound from JR

OK.. The jury is out. He needs the same backing given to JR and AS.. But the same timescale as JR. 

My hope is that OK is so successful that he is able to dump us for a bigger job. 

So... No.. No resignations from the board.  Just more hard work. 

Now... About those alternative income streams...... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Heaton on twitter saying " bring on 2019", suggesting maybe he might have something to look forward too. 

On the Darlington forum, a Kidderminster fan has claimed they were linked with a St Mirren defender a few weeks ago. They followed that up by stating Heaton was at the Harriers match yesterday.

They’ll probably end up with Kpekawa :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

Here's a thought, could the board negotiate with any of Heatons suiters that we get a sell on fee as part of any future sale, just incase he does live up to the price and hope we paid for him? 

22 years old...does that count in the agreements where teams have to pay comp because of their age? Or would that be nullified by us tearing up his contract, unlike John McGinn who opted not to extend his? No idea how this works out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

22 years old...does that count in the agreements where teams have to pay comp because of their age? Or would that be nullified by us tearing up his contract, unlike John McGinn who opted not to extend his? No idea how this works out.

If I remember correctly, Hibs couldn’t or wouldn’t pay the development fee for McGinn so ended up buying him from us at a fee below the level of the development fee but with a sell on clause included. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 years old...does that count in the agreements where teams have to pay comp because of their age? Or would that be nullified by us tearing up his contract, unlike John McGinn who opted not to extend his? No idea how this works out.

You don’t get no development fee for collecting skelfs for 6 months at a club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, buddies1877 said:


Reality check....

You know feck all what’s going on at the club regarding this.

Players will leave without us having to pay anything others will probably not that’s up to the club and players that OK wants to move on to try sort out.

If a player gets an offer elsewhere for a lower wage or shorter contract, why, pray would they make themselves and their family poorer? 

All these contracted players agents will make sure they dont lose out as a result of moving on from smfc. Thats their job!  The club will have to pay for mutuals to move anyone who is going to a lesser deal. But hey.... sounds like you have all the facts and figures directly from the boardroom, so please enlighten us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
If a player gets an offer elsewhere for a lower wage or shorter contract, why, pray would they make themselves and their family poorer? 
All these contracted players agents will make sure they dont lose out as a result of moving on from smfc. Thats their job!  The club will have to pay for mutuals to move anyone who is going to a lesser deal. But hey.... sounds like you have all the facts and figures directly from the boardroom, so please enlighten us.

Your a rocket

People are correct you either don’t bother reading someone’s full post or it just doesn’t register in your simple mind.

Players won’t leave if the are offered shorter deals on lesser money unless of course they are that desperate just to get back to playing a footballers career isn’t very long but that won’t be the case for them all.

McShane for example could very well return to championship similar to when he joined us after leaving Ross county.

Cammy smith and a few others could well do the same we wouldn’t need to pay a penny if they are leaving on similar terms and guaranteed more game time.

Heaton could leave for free if a team down south is interested and offers him similar deal Darlington could use the 70k they got or even someone like Salford city who we couldn’t compete with for Rooney

Like I said that’s upto the club and players to sort out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×