January Exits

W6Saint

48 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

McCormack has literally just been announced as signed on loan.

I’m not overly concerned, I haven’t considered Motherwell a part of this battle for a while.

Realistically, they should not be in the mix - but as we beat them last time out, it is not inconceivable that the other relegation candidates might take points off them and if we did the next times we play them.. They are only 9 points clear of us, so if we pick up more points than the 1st half of the season and they don't, it could get quite interesting.

McCormack could be a match winner for them... but it is a lot of eggs in one basket if he gets injured etc.

2 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

You are having a mare M8.

1. Your assumptions are making an ASS out of U and not ME. The budget is the budget - it is not suddenly going to be slashed or trimmed and there are loads of ways to balance a budget. 

2. you ASSUME that 4 guys on a wage like Hammill was purported to be on, say £3000 - 3500 a week will mean trimming the budget. The wage bill currently has fallen very healthily with 8 players out - not the 9 you have listed - Cooke is still here. As well as saving Hammill's wages, Samson, and McShane would certainly have been on decent Premiership money and the majority of rest of them would not have been on below average wages for this league.

3. Are you guessing that we over-spent in the first half of the season and now need to run the second half on much less money? If so you are presuming our BOD are bad managers, and presumably you think this because they brought in Stubbs and his team? Pay-offs would be made from contingency funds. Other that that mistake, they have done pretty decent - promotion, fast acting to change the situation when they realised Stubbs was not what he presented at the interview, a new team who have kept us in with a chance of survival, and who are off-loading those who offer us little going forward etc. etc.

4. Not many teams sign players while they are clearly injured - Magennis is good but no use while unfit. He has not played that much this season - don't you think people would want to know that he is over his injury problems and fit before they took a risk?

5. The only way to know finance details would be to see how much we are spending is to have all the data - I don't and I know that you don't either - so unless you are expecting someone who actually knows to make this available, which seems highly unlikely, then your suppositions are meaningless.

The None in so far is absolutely fine. Hamilton (2 players out  - and no rumours of any targets), Motherwell (2 away and possibly signing McCormack IF he proves his fitness) and Dundee (7 away, and targeting Fraser from the division below) are not particularly worrying for me. It is not how quick signings are made that matters, it is getting the right ones - if that takes time, we have 3 weeks... They will be announced when the details are finalised. For now we wait in anticipation.

So íf ten or more go out, but say four come in, you think thats spending the same? C'mon!

sorry if i missed it in the clubs accounts, but i didnt notice a line stating "Contingency Fund", was that on the same page as the "Magic Money Tree Fund"?

sorry to make light of it, but its plain, and repeated again and again by board and manager we will be slashing the squad, and getting players off the wage sheet anyway possible. But recruiting much less than what we are shedding, Thats fact, all you need to do is add the departures, then subtract the arrivals. And make allowance is incoming players are cheaper/dearer than those going out.  

Re: Cooke, jumped the gun there, he's off officially next week. As is Smith! Still think we are going to continue to spend, spend, spend..?

Edited by Lord Pityme

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

So íf ten or more go out, but say four come in, you think thats spending the same? C'mon!

sorry if i missed it in the clubs accounts, but i didnt notice a line stating "Contingency Fund", was that on the same page as the "Magic Money Tree Fund"?

sorry to make light of it, but its plain, and repeated again and again by board and manager we will be slashing the squad, and getting players off the wage sheet anyway possible. But recruiting much less than what we are shedding, Thats fact, all you need to do is add the departures, then subtract the arrivals. And make allowance is incoming players are cheaper/dearer than those going out.  

Re: Cooke, jumped the gun there, he's off officially next week. As is Smith! Still think we are going to continue to spend, spend, spend..?

While 10 out and 4 does, on the face of it, look like cost cutting, there are other factors to take in to account. For example, maybe United let Willock out on loan ‘free of charge’ or for nominal charge? Not saying that’s the case, but we don’t always know the facts and figures.

I’d also be surprised if only 4 come in, but you seem to be in the know with you mentioning Cooke going. I don’t have the inside track unfortunately so you may well be right.

4 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

He actually did. I was hoping Draper and Fraser would have starred but neither was that impressive. Nor was McKay

I also thought Buchanan did well. Thought that Fraser started well but faded as Morton came more into the game. The further the game went the more anonymous McKay became.

7 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

While 10 out and 4 does, on the face of it, look like cost cutting, there are other factors to take in to account. For example, maybe United let Willock out on loan ‘free of charge’ or for nominal charge? Not saying that’s the case, but we don’t always know the facts and figures.

I’d also be surprised if only 4 come in, but you seem to be in the know with you mentioning Cooke going. I don’t have the inside track unfortunately so you may well be right.

No real ITK info. Just the facts he was sent south and told he could find another club, added to the fact he is a decent player. So i fully expect him to be signed up next week.

15 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

No real ITK info. Just the facts he was sent south and told he could find another club, added to the fact he is a decent player. So i fully expect him to be signed up next week.

Cooke wasn’t in the group that were told they were free to go though, plus he attended the last two games while injured.

Think you may have that one wrong then.

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

"IF", "but says" and maybes still - Please STOP making daft ASS-UMPTIONS

You have no idea how many will leave or come in and nor do I or the management as deals are not done until everything is in place. Some will come off, others will fail.

IF your assumed 4 coming in were on wages that totalled the same amount as the 10 or so that left then the spending would be the same - AND that would be within the budget.. It doesn't matter if better players get paid more - we have a budget to live within - Where is your evidence that we have overspent already and therefore need to cut? Why not use your magic out of thin air Tree to provide this information?

You clearly don't understand contingency in a business - you think they spend everything and have nothing for a rainy day. - then go "oh no lets slash our outgoings so that we don't overspend" - really? You try building a house without a contingency - it won't get finished, unless you get cash from another source...

You can keep repeating your guesswork - but it remains simply that. The BOD will not be slashing the squad for any reason other than to get rid of guys who are not good enough for what we are facing and to bring in guys they hope will be. Do you want them just to change say 10 players for 10 other players and hope for the best?

I'd be delighted if Smith goes for his sake and ours. But go on then give me your source for Cooke? (Cause no one else is saying this)

OF all these players leaving, only Hammill and Samson made a significant contribution this season - Neither of them wanted to stay, so keeping them would be daft and out of our control - keeping any of the rest who have left would be terrible management - and getting better replacements in areas we can strengthen is what we need to be about.

It is great you have now come to realise that it will be 10 or more out - you were in denial about that previously too... 

Let's wait and see - I think the squad will be around 26 and that would be about right for us..

6 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

Cooke wasn’t in the group that were told they were free to go though, plus he attended the last two games while injured.

Think you may have that one wrong then.

You should just assume this is the case for every post he makes.

32 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Another beauty from your magic out of thin air Tree .

:ninja

The following is just to show that some folk don't have a clue about budgets/finance or just up to there usual sh!t stirring.

Let's say you've got a wage budget of £1,000,000 for a year. And you use £600,000 in the first 6 months, do you call it slashing the budget if you only use what you had to start with in the budget for the remaining 6 months.

[emoji23]

59 minutes ago, Hikerdelic said:

Like to see Cooke go out on loan to a Championship club, see if hes got anything about him. 

I’d like him to stay. I believe he’s knuckled down and, after a difficult start, deserves the chance to show he can do a job for us in the second half of this season.