January Exits

W6Saint

Damn right we should get a fee. Torn faced Smith has picked up a wage all season and not tried a fecking leg.

He owes us as do Dundee Unitit if they still want him.

Living on past minor glory is Smith.

3 minutes ago, shull said:

Damn right we should get a fee. Torn faced Smith has picked up a wage all season and not tried a fecking leg.

We should be getting a fee for a player who was in the Championship team of the year last season. 

6 minutes ago, shull said:

Totally agree. Cammy is a quality championship player and we should get a fee. 

1 minute ago, scrappy coco said:

Maybe a 6 month loan deal would be best for Cammy then, We're gonna need him for next season....:wink:

He's out of contract at the end of the season I'm sure. So hell leave either way. 

If Utd want him, they can get him on a PCA just now, nothing is stopping this happening. If they want him straight away though, they'll have to cough up. 

16 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

We should be getting a fee for a player who was in the Championship team of the year last season. 

Of course we should, even though he has been in a huff all this Season.

8 minutes ago, scrappy coco said:

Maybe a 6 month loan deal would be best for Cammy then, We're gonna need him for next season....:wink:

Feck him. He has been in a strop all this Season when we needed him and been well fecking paid.

Of course we should, even though he has been in a huff all this Season.
Harsh. Agree he hasn't performed as well as last season, but he hasn't become a bad player overnight. Maybe he's not been played in his favoured/best position or the team is in a different formation.
I believe his energy levels and effort have been first class whenever he's had the opportunity, but admittedly not as effective.
I'd be sad if it's decided he doesn't fit anymore and we let him go.

I never said he was a bad player. I said he was in the huff. He has good ability but he can't be arsed while I and thousands more pay his wages. 

Used to play with a smiling face. 

Now it's severely torn. 

Not harsh. 

Absolutely right we should not be letting him go for nothing. For a team like the Arabs, he could be the player that gets them over the line in that league. 

If they want that sort of quality, then it'll cost them. Not a huge sum, maybe 40/50k, but they're six points adrift with a much worse goal difference. I'd be asking them how much they want to get promoted. If they're serious, they'll pay up for Cammy.

6 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

Absolutely right we should not be letting him go for nothing. For a team like the Arabs, he could be the player that gets them over the line in that league. 

If they want that sort of quality, then it'll cost them. Not a huge sum, maybe 40/50k, but they're six points adrift with a much worse goal difference. I'd be asking them how much they want to get promoted. If they're serious, they'll pay up for Cammy.

Especially as they've been taken over by an American hedge fund who seem keen to invest in the club. Invest away, I say!

Maybe we can recoup some of the " Heaton thousands".:rolleyes:

If smfc demand a fee for Smith who has been dismal this season, and the up shot is he stays and picks up a wage till the end of the season, denying the manager the opportunity to bring in someone better then its another piece of piss poor business by the board. Just like paying £75k for Heaton, then having to lend him to an english non league side.

when will this board learn two wrongs, always make a shite!

6 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

If smfc demand a fee for Smith who has been dismal this season, and the up shot is he stays and picks up a wage till the end of the season, denying the manager the opportunity to bring in someone better then its another piece of piss poor business by the board. Just like paying £75k for Heaton, then having to lend him to an english non league side.

when will this board learn two wrongs, always make a shite!

I take it you don't like the board?

Just now, kevo_smfc said:

I take it you don't like the board?

Have they got any leverage to get a fee for Smith? He's not a youngster anymore who could go on to flourish, he didnt cost them anything and he's not fancied by his current and last manager.

hey if they get £1.50 for him thats a result! But if he ends up staying and soaking up wages its a piss poor decision. Did they demand any sort if fee for Heaton? More likely they are still having to pay some of his wages.

cut the crap, and move on.

6 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Have they got any leverage to get a fee for Smith? He's not a youngster anymore who could go on to flourish, he didnt cost them anything and he's not fancied by his current and last manager.

hey if they get £1.50 for him thats a result! But if he ends up staying and soaking up wages its a piss poor decision. Did they demand any sort if fee for Heaton? More likely they are still having to pay some of his wages.

Glenburn Bud reporting deal now done Cammy joins United on Monday. 

3 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

I'd say Smith isn't right up there on the list of players we really NEED to get rid of as a priority.

I'd say if he was up in Dundee yesterday for a medical then we've initially accepted him leaving... however, we've changed the goalposts at the last second which makes me believe that someone else may have made a better offer leading us to change what is required from Utd for the deal to go through.

I'd say sit tight til early next week and let's wait and see but of course you won't, you'll spend the next few hours berating everything to do with the board and those who run the club before seeing any facts, as is your whim to do.

If we get both a fee for him and off the wage bill, I expect you to come on and sing the board's praises for a good bit of business done, given that you're the first to stick the boot in whenever they do poor business.

Oh wait....no I f**king don't! You'll still find a criticism somewhere. :lol: 

22 minutes ago, TopCat said:

I’d like to see Smith go out on loan.

That way if we get relegated we can try get him back, because he’s an excellent championship player.

Sadly he’s not good enough to play in the Premiership.

His contract ends in the summer, so that won’t happen.