January Exits

W6Saint

Will be interesting to see how the decision to let Cammy go pans out... OK and Gus better have something special up their sleeves!

Cammy has struggled to adapt but in fairness he was told he wasn’t good enough by his previous manager when he was every bit as integral to the team as Lewis Morgan. Goes without saying a club like St Mirren doesn’t have technically gifted players often, when we do we should be playing a system to suit them, or... we could not play him/give him limited game time and punt highballs over his head and subsequently sell him for a pitiful fee to a potential play off rival!

Your move Oran!

1 minute ago, St.Ricky said:

What a load of pish. 

Best for cammy and the club that he moves on and we got a fee for him.

He’s struggled to make any sort of impact this year against better opposition and was even the same last year when we faced higher quality teams.

Don’t think he wanted to be here anymore either and would have been offski in the summer for nothing.

Personally, I'm sad to see Cammy go.  Last season he put in a great shift from day one, never shirked a tackle, chased every ball, never stopped running and played his heart out for us.  He deserved every accolade and award he got at the end of the season.  This season he hasn't had he chance to acclimatise to the top league as our first "manager" of the season either didn't like him or didn't know how to use him.  I suspect it it started with the latter and became the former when he questioned him (as alleged).  Most players who haven't played at the higher level need a good run of games to learn what is needed and Cammy just didn't get that.  I think he is good enough to play at this level but time will tell.  I don't think he'll get there with United next season but the season after that ......... ?