Anton Ferdinand & Adam Hammil

14 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

As has been said on another thread , Ferdinand is contracted to end of season .

That was my impression too but there've been a few articles recently saying it's only January. Even his quotes here suggest his contract is up soon.

https://www.the-gazette.co.uk/sport/17314572.anton-ferdinand-teddy-sheringham-helped-shape-my-career/

22 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

As has been said on another thread , Ferdinand is contracted to end of season .

I thought this too. Not so sure it is true though. 

There have been too many reports in the past few days with quotes from Ferdinand himself speaking like his contract is up next month.

The guy is living away from his family and seems to have finally got himself pretty close to full fitness. So, I wouldn't be surprised to see him heading back nearer London.

I hope not though.

Hammill will surely be off? He wants to be closer to his family and if his agent can’t get him a gig down South off the back of his highlight reel up here then he needs a new agent.

I’m torn on Anton. He’s clearly talented and seems to be a great influence on the younger defenders around him but his lack of mobility is concerning.

Lyness should get a deal offered to him right now and we let Rogers go back to Aberdeen.

11 hours ago, DLBud said:

Hammill will surely be off? He wants to be closer to his family and if his agent can’t get him a gig down South off the back of his highlight reel up here then he needs a new agent.

I’m torn on Anton. He’s clearly talented and seems to be a great influence on the younger defenders around him but his lack of mobility is concerning.

Lyness should get a deal offered to him right now and we let Rogers go back to Aberdeen.

This pretty much sums up my feelings. It seems quite clear that Hammill came to kickstart his career and get a move back south. We've been fortunate to benefit from that. If he goes, it should be with our thanks, but it would be great if he stayed till the summer.

Anton has had a few fine games for us and has clearly been a good influence on the younger defenders, but he does lack mobility and also seems a bit injury prone. Having said all that I'd like him to stay till the summer.

The goalie seems to be a bit of a find and should be signed up.

I'm not torn on Anton. Agree his mobility isn't great but his experience makes up for it and is certainly rubbing off on the young guys. No brainer for me - keep him.

Be amazed if Hammill stayed. Talent wise, he’s a class above and has that bit of magic that is gold dust at our level. It’s a shame that he got that shoulder injury against Aberdeen that hindered his getting to match fitness sooner, as we would have benefited even more from him. He’s earned us valuable points with his goals and assists and should go with our thanks.
Agree with the opinions on big Ferdinand too. His injury record and lack of pace are an issue, but his experience, organisation, influence and composure far out way that. Still unsure what the official standing of his contract is; end of season or up next month? Would definitely hope we keep him.
The few months Anton and Adam have been with us will have been great for our young lads’ development. Two talents to learn from that seem to be good guys too.
Credit to Oran for getting them over the line too. Hopefully he’s got a few more gems set up to join next month.

Hammil is defo offski, big Anton has attracted a fair bit of interest. Its his simple approach of holding position, and making decisive challenges by reading the game and maintaining his edge that way. There are so many teams that would kill to have him anchoring their defense. Especially since we have just got him back to full match fitness for them.

gonna take a big offer from us to keep Anton, and if he goes we will haveblittle chance replacing him with the same quality and experience.

I always hear of St. Mirren fans maybe 5-10 years older than me reminisce about how good a player Roy Aitken was for us, how he just completely strolled through games and I always think 'yeah but we were pish back then...surely a centre half can't be that good a performer if the team is doing so badly?'

Then Anton Ferdinand rocked up and aye....I get it. He's probably the most accomplished centre half I've seen in a Saints shirt in 25 years of going to games. Always safe as houses.

Will be incredibly disappointing if we lose him in January, especially since the club reported out initially that he was here until the end of the season. He's definitely making the right noises about wanting to stay though and hopefully he sees that through.

I always hear of St. Mirren fans maybe 5-10 years older than me reminisce about how good a player Roy Aitken was for us, how he just completely strolled through games and I always think 'yeah but we were pish back then...surely a centre half can't be that good a performer if the team is doing so badly?'
Then Anton Ferdinand rocked up and aye....I get it. He's probably the most accomplished centre half I've seen in a Saints shirt in 25 years of going to games. Always safe as houses.
Will be incredibly disappointing if we lose him in January, especially since the club reported out initially that he was here until the end of the season. He's definitely making the right noises about wanting to stay though and hopefully he sees that through.
Agree. I think he does want to stay. And if so, it's up to OK, TF and others to make it happen.