Anton Ferdinand & Adam Hammil

23 minutes ago, John Gotti said:

Adam Hammill said in his post match interview that St Mirren haven’t discussed a contract with him. He seems to use the term “we” a lot in his interview in reference to the club and seems keen to stay.........I would think it would be a no brainer for the club.

Kearney said in his interview after today's game he was planning to speak to Lyness, Ferdinand and Hammill in a few weeks time!

Kearney said in his interview after today's game he was planning to speak to Lyness, Ferdinand and Hammill in a few weeks time!

I saw that after I posted and totally get that with Lyness as he has only just come into the side but given Hammill and Ferdinand have made every squad they have been fit for I’m surprised we have left it till after their last contracted game, particularly with Hammill who I think is as good or better than anyone we might get in the window.
Hopefully if the manager wants any of them he moves quickly before their affinity for the club/support/teammates etc wears off.

17 minutes ago, John Gotti said:

I saw that after I posted and totally get that with Lyness as he has only just come into the side but given Hammill and Ferdinand have made every squad they have been fit for I’m surprised we have left it till after their last contracted game, particularly with Hammill who I think is as good or better than anyone we might get in the window.
Hopefully if the manager wants any of them he moves quickly before their affinity for the club/support/teammates etc wears off.

I thought Kearney hinted that with Ferdinand and Hammill they might prefer to be closer to their families than they are at the minute - I think he said there was more to it than football with the pair of them.

Hammill has the ability to score from his own half and does also possess the ability to put in a good cross.

Its just a shame he pisses about doing 50 step overs and slowing our attacks down so often. When he is more direct (ie shoots, passes, crosses) he's a great asset. The remainder of the time, he's more often giving the ball away trying to beat players from a standing start.

I find him a very frustrating player to watch at times. I'd say I'm still on the "let's offer him a new deal" side of the fence right now but tbh if he went I wouldn't be too disheartened.

49 minutes ago, JM1 said:

Hammill has the ability to score from his own half and does also possess the ability to put in a good cross.

Its just a shame he pisses about doing 50 step overs and slowing our attacks down so often. When he is more direct (ie shoots, passes, crosses) he's a great asset. The remainder of the time, he's more often giving the ball away trying to beat players from a standing start.

I find him a very frustrating player to watch at times. I'd say I'm still on the "let's offer him a new deal" side of the fence right now but tbh if he went I wouldn't be too disheartened.

I think that you sum him up well but also think that he is a special talent. Capable of scoring great goals and putting in some great crosses. Sometimes over does it in possession of the ball. Some of that might be due to lack of movement around him. 

4 hours ago, JM1 said:

He, s lost that extra yard, that's why he, s with us. But maybe if we had better players and an extra man in midfield he would move the ball forward qucker. 

Would prefer him to stay, but him moving on may allow us different attacking options. 

Would prefer him to stay though. 

8 hours ago, JM1 said:

I think this is why Barnsley allowed him to go. The guy is talented but very frustrating, my mate (ST holder there) got pissed off a lot watching him try to do everything himself. If he was like that in a better team, it’s not surprise he’s like it with us.

I’ll be disappointed if he goes, his Goals and Assists stats have been excellent. Many of our goals since September have seen him involved in some way.

47 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

I think this is why Barnsley allowed him to go. The guy is talented but very frustrating, my mate (ST holder there) got pissed off a lot watching him try to do everything himself. If he was like that in a better team, it’s not surprise he’s like it with us.

I’ll be disappointed if he goes, his Goals and Assists stats have been excellent. Many of our goals since September have seen him involved in some way.

Although he was at a technically better team, they too were struggling against relegation. I bet he'd be a revelation in a dominant team on the front foot with lots of movement ahead of him. 

2 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

Although he was at a technically better team, they too were struggling against relegation. I bet he'd be a revelation in a dominant team on the front foot with lots of movement ahead of him. 

I think he’s always been the same, he also gained promotion with Barnsley so he’s been at the right end of things too and played the same way.

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, munoz said:

Great news this. Can you imagine trying to get someone in with his experience during the January window?

It was amazing that we got him in the first place with the Transfer closed too . . . .

Edited by Sweeper07

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...