Anton Ferdinand & Adam Hammil

Confirmed on STV news tonight that Anton has left. Great pro and seems a top top man. Right decision imo, it was only his natural ability and class that was getting him through, legs totally gone and I would be surprised to see him keep playing unless in a player coaching type role, which he might just manage. No way he could play 90 mins regularly. Been a pleasure to see someone of his stature Grace the stripes. 

I had the pleasure of siting next to Anton back in Oct at Perth when they mauled us. Anton told me he had fought relegation several times but never went down, often escaping on the last day. He said the Buds would stay up. I believed him. Having that attitude in the dressing room every day no doubt would have had a huge impact on players' mentality. Just glad he wasn't called Elvis.

Thanks Anton. You are a great influence and a gentleman.

Edited by Sonny

Anton is a class act. Even though he didn't play much in the second half of the season, you could see he had a huge influence on the rest of the squad. I'd go as far to say we wouldn't have stayed up without him. Great that he got game time on Sunday to help us over the line.