Kilmarnock v St Mirren

St.Ricky

17 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Oh FFS. We were playing a side in third, now just a point off the top of the table. We were two down after 11 minutes, and at that time I thought we could be humiliated as Killie looked in the mood. Did well to stabilise and get back into the game, though second half we were pinned back and didn't create much. This is down to the previous manager leaving us with no centre forward of any substance (Jackson was OKs signing) and having such a hopelessly unbalanced squad that we are playing a right back as a holding midfielder. Oran's four signings, all outwith the transfer window, have all proved to be significantly better than some of the dross signed in the summer. The bench today lacked experience and quality, which probably explains the fact only one sub came on.

I have faith that, on his performance so far, OK will make the right signings to improve us and keep us up.

Are you not worried by a manager who sticks with a boy at left back who simply cannot play the position? The number of goals we lose from that side of the park is frightening.

Just now, guinness said:

Are you not worried by a manager who sticks with a boy at left back who simply cannot play the position? The number of goals we lose from that side of the park is frightening.

The lad gets precious little cover in front of him.  A steep learning curve for the boy. 

I wasn't there today but going by recent games. 

9 minutes ago, guinness said:

Again there are very few alternatives. FWIW, I think Ethan has been exceptional since being in the team.

He’s done better than anyone else that has played at left back this season.

No better alternatives Ethan has done great playing there considering how young the lad is.

I think he will be a player but not at left back. Try him as a defensive midfielder perhaps but we cannot afford to continue to carry him at left back.

Carry him f**k off.

The boy has done great in several games at left back.

I’m pretty sure ok will add a left back in this window and Ethan will be used more in his natural position.

7 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

Carry him f**k off.

The boy has done great in several games at left back.

I’m pretty sure ok will add a left back in this window and Ethan will be used more in his natural position.

If you think he can play left back I will leave it at that. I think he is very poor. Each to their own.

Think the criticism of Ethan is harsh. He had a poor time of it today but he's had more good games at LB than bad. 

Think it would have made sense to have a straight swap with him and Hodson. Both are playing out of position and were struggling and would have benefitted from the switch early on. 

1 hour ago, santaponsasaint said:

Poor display again. Nothing going forward. Jackson on his own. Then we fire high balls up to him. Defended not bad after the first 11 mins. But we never gave it a go in the 2nd half. Looked we were happy to keep it at 2.1 . Badly need new players.

Exactly this. The only reason I can think of for not bringing on the subs sooner is, they weren't going to change things. Cant really understand our second half performance at all. Too many times this season we can only play for periods of games. Off the top of my head , I think Hearts at home is the only game we've played well and concentrated for the full 90mins. 

I imagine come the Alloa game , the team that started today will be unrecognisable.  In which case, still all to play for.

If you think he can play left back I will leave it at that. I think he is very poor. Each to their own.

Your failing to grasp the no better alternative part.

Hodson was terrible games he play at left back was much better when playing in his natural position at right back.

Eckersley looked to be coming back from injury but not been seen last few games perhaps he has had a setback.

I hope we don’t see Ethan at left back again if we manage to get a natural left back in January .

4 hours ago, elvis said:

I havent had a stiffy in a good while and I don't take great delight in mocking Saint Mirren its all the clowns that think we are better than we are its plain to see for everyone except happy clappers that we are shite would you rather I was praising them for being shite instead of telling it like it is.

I don't think there is anyone on here who thinks we are better than the bottom 3.

What virtually everyone is waiting on is the signings in the Jan window and who is offloaded.

Then the real work begins of staying up and being 3rd bottom which given the disgrace that Stubbs made in the summer would be a resounding success.

Edited by lenziebud

2 hours ago, guinness said:

Any worse than Coulson? (From memory who cost us 3 against Aberdeen in 1 game)

I understand Eckers might be an option, but he is either still not match fit OR getting punted - the management have difficult decisions to make, especially because of the cr*p they were left with...

3 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

The lad gets precious little cover in front of him.  A steep learning curve for the boy. 

I wasn't there today but going by recent games. 

Getting tiered Ricky or he is not in his natural position.  Bottom line he is without doubt our biggest talent who will in my opinion go to the highest level even above Morgan and Mallan. Certainly more industrial in the middle of the park than left back. The fact Oran can put him Into left back speaks volumes.  Did not have the best of games today but a special talent given his age, very special.  

5 hours ago, eastlandssaint said:

That's a good interview.

I think the key things are that the break has come at the right time and that however shite things have been, we are still in the mix for survival. We need to approach the second half of the season as though we are in a league of 3 teams. All we need to do is avoid finishing at the bottom of them. We have Rangers, Celtic, Aberdeen and Hearts away but other than that we should be looking to take points at every other match. If we can nick the odd point against those 4, that would be a bonus.

I'm pretty upbeat TBH. A few players in, a mini preseason and back to it.

At the end of October I would have bitten your hand off to be in this position. If Oran can get a big target man , a left back, a ball winning midfielder, a centre back, and a keeper then we may get through this. The captain seems to have got his mojo back and I'm also more upbeat about the second half of the season. Next games against Dundee and Hamilton will define our season

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

That's a good interview.

I think the key things are that the break has come at the right time and that however shite things have been, we are still in the mix for survival. We need to approach the second half of the season as though we are in a league of 3 teams. All we need to do is avoid finishing at the bottom of them. We have Rangers, Celtic, Aberdeen and Hearts away but other than that we should be looking to take points at every other match. If we can nick the odd point against those 4, that would be a bonus.

I'm pretty upbeat TBH. A few players in, a mini preseason and back to it.

Agreed. That we are even in this position is a bit of a let off. 

We should be ready to take full advantage of it. 

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Agreed. That we are even in this position is a bit of a let off. 

We should be ready to take full advantage of it. 

Yes we are extremely lucky to be in touch with anyone let alone 2 other teams.

One of us will not even require a playoff to survive.

I reckon none of the others in the bottom 3 will gain much more than 18 points before the end of the season.

So I think 30 points might be enough to avoid immediate relegation.

Possibly 33 points might avoid the playoffs.

Can we get between 18 and 21 points in 17 games?

6 or 7 wins?

I'm certain we can if we recruit well enough.