Spectator Safety and Fan Behaviour

7 hours ago, doonhamer said:

Another daft announcement on the Official Site.

Maybe if the stewards enforced the no-standing policy when all teams visit rather than worry about a few wee boys running up and down the stairways they would get more respect.

The announcement was clearly not just about boys running up and down the stairways.

Whoever is causing problems for our club needs to f**king grow up.

The announcement was clearly not just about boys running up and down the stairways.
Whoever is causing problems for our club needs to f**king grow up.

If it’s not about boys running up and down stairs , then why the f**k is that the central premise of the statement ?
If there are individuals or groups who are threatening to ruin it for everyone else , why not come out and explicitly state who this is, what they are doing that so concerns the club and how it may affect the general support , the stadium and it’s rulings ?
If individuals or groups of supporters are deliberately ignoring the ground rules or damaging the reputation of the club I would expect them to be dealt with in accordance with the stadium rules and laws of the land.
Perhaps if they do this they may find they have to apply these rules evenly to ensure that ALL fans in our stadium have to “toe the line .“ which would mean asking 3200 old scum fans to sit down , stop displaying offensive banners , singing songs with questionable and offensive lyrics and not to run to or over the barriers when they score.

I am a great supporter of the current regime at the club but I’m of the opinion that my support should not be taken for granted and where I disagree with something ,I will take issue and question it until I get a response which i feel is fair , balanced and in the best interest of this club and most importantly of its supporters

2 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

If it’s not about boys running up and down stairs , then why the f**k is that the central premise of the statement ?

It wasn't. It was added at the end as "one other thing".

The central premise is that the club have been warned about behaviour home and away from some fans which is causing the police some concern. That is clearly a separate issue from the running up and down stairs thing. The police are trying to help us by giving the club a heads up.

Edited by oaksoft

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

The central premise is that the club have been warned about behaviour home and away from some fans which is causing the police some concern. That is clearly a separate issue from the running up and down stairs thing. The police are trying to help us by giving the club a heads up.

I share this view.

As fans, we are generally well behaved but noisy. All well and good inside the ground but perhaps not just as welcome on public transport or in the streets.

Police activity at home and away games has increased. Those fans travelling to and entering away grounds will be aware of increased police and stewards numbers and involvement, including searching fans entering the stadiums.

The club is right to inform us as fans

The stewards have expressed concerns about safety on the stairs in the stadium. I see nothing wrong with bringing these to our attention.

Why these appear to have caused offence defeats me.

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

I share this view.

As fans, we are generally well behaved but noisy. All well and good inside the ground but perhaps not just as welcome on public transport or in the streets.

Police activity at home and away games has increased. Those fans travelling to and entering away grounds will be aware of increased police and stewards numbers and involvement, including searching fans entering the stadiums.

The club is right to inform us as fans

The stewards have expressed concerns about safety on the stairs in the stadium. I see nothing wrong with bringing these to our attention.

Why these appear to have caused offence defeats me.

I just dont understand why everything has to be a battle with authority for some people. Footy is supposed to be a hobby.

A fan tripped on stairs in the main stand falling down a good half a dozen at the Hamilton game. Thankfully the person was not hurt and was not drunk I may add. Steward spoke to the person to make sure they were not hurt.

So should notcome as a surprise if stewards are stopping kids running up and down stairs.

Rules are in place for your safety. 

Yep , Guilty . This is what happens when I post with Wine Goggles. I accept that this was an added issue but still the club felt it worthy of mention as an individual issue.

That said , I stand by the rest of my statement . The club have a responsibility for the safety of ALL persons within the stadium and that the stadium rules are adhered to by EVERYONE . Not just a wee group of , at times ,silly wee boys in the home support.

And the Police have a responsibility to ensure that nobody is behaving in a manner which is likely to be causing offence by using sectarian chants , songs and banners.

Two sets of rules.

Strange why it hasn’t been posted on the clubs social media for most to see? 

Can only assume that this statement is not about Northbank group and just fans behaviour in general as no ones had contact from Police, Club, SLOs etc. 

Just wondering on the statement 

“At our most recent safety briefing we were disappointed to hear the local police express concern about the behaviour of a few of our supporters both in and around the stadium and whilst travelling to and from away games.” 

I’ve not seen the police / stewards take any action at any of our away games? Don’t know if anyone else seen different? 

48 minutes ago, Suggestion said:

Strange why it hasn’t been posted on the clubs social media for most to see? 

Can only assume that this statement is not about Northbank group and just fans behaviour in general as no ones had contact from Police, Club, SLOs etc. 

Just wondering on the statement 

“At our most recent safety briefing we were disappointed to hear the local police express concern about the behaviour of a few of our supporters both in and around the stadium and whilst travelling to and from away games.” 

I’ve not seen the police / stewards take any action at any of our away games? Don’t know if anyone else seen different? 

They (the Police) could quite easily be concerned without taking action (yet) and just giving warning that they are monitoring the situation.

I'd wager it's just a reminder over the festive period when folk are going to be drinking more than usual etc. Nothing to worry about, behaviour has been fine as far as I know. Sometimes it's impossible not to end up moving when a goal is scored :lol: arms and legs all over the place at Motherwell. Hopefully similar scenes in Killie :spud3

I keep reading posts about the behaviour of OF fans at St Mirren Park.

That is total irrelevant IMO. Why would that alter how Saints fans behave?

I know a Celtic fan who has given up going to OF away games because of the behaviour of his fellow supporters. He hates the fact that they won’t sit down and their general thuggish behaviour.

Why are Saints fans bothered about that? Just let them get on with it. It’s not our problem.

As for sectarian chants, again, just let them get on with it. It doesn’t offend me. I’m not religious and I know that neither are 99.9% of the people at these games. So why should it offend me?

They are making fools of themselves. Let them!

9 hours ago, oaksoft said:

I just dont understand why everything has to be a battle with authority for some people. Footy is supposed to be a hobby.

Now he has used the word "footy" can we please lock this guy away in the Sin Bin forever more?

Footy.

FFS.

3 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Why do you care though?

How does it affect you?

The OF attract the dregs of society. If they want to behave like animals then let them get on with it. Just be thankful that you’re not one of them.

I don't think the best way to deal with bigotry, racism and the various evils that are growing in our society is to ignore them.

I don't get too exercised about away fans standing up, we do it ourselves sometimes, but too many Old Firm supporting animals think they can get away with anything.

It's a wider problem in society though, not a football problem. Too many scummy elements in Scottish society get treated with kid gloves.

6 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Why do you care though?

How does it affect you?

The OF attract the dregs of society. If they want to behave like animals then let them get on with it. Just be thankful that you’re not one of them.

I don't and it doesn't, I only answered HSS's question!!

Why do you care about my answer to someone else's question?

How does my answering someone else's question affect you??

I don't think the best way to deal with bigotry, racism and the various evils that are growing in our society is to ignore them.

Indeed. As I’ve said many times, Sevco shouldn’t have been allowed into the league and that would have been the end of it and Celtic wound have withered away.

But, as I’ve also said on many occasions, fans have it all in their own hands. Instead of waiting for the clubs to ditch the OF, which won’t happen, fans should boycott all games against the OF.

Anyone who goes to a game involving the OF is part of the problem.