Reality check

DLBud

Yesterday summed up what most seasons in the top flight have been like since the heady days of the 1980’s.

A stuffy team with no pace or cutting edge and few options off the bench to change anything.

Anyone who thinks this will miraculously change in January is kidding themselves on. I’m not saying we’ll go down but it’s going to be a complete shitshow until the end of the season with more days like that and the odd performance scattered here and there.

Forget Stubbs. Has OK really shown us anything to suggest that bringing 4 or 5 in will make a significant difference? He stood on the sidelines yesterday with his entourage of coaches and watched his team drop deeper and deeper as we inexorably sloped toward what we all knew was coming and come it did.

There are too many not cut out for this level and I’m not seeing any signs that we’re on the cusp of fixing it with a few more players.

I’ll still be there at Rugby Park on Saturday and Kearney has my full support but the second half of the season is going to be tough unless he has a better plan to put workmanlike teams like St Johnstone under a bit of pressure, particularly at home.

So your saying the squads shit with no options on the bench and we’ve to forget about the man that assembled that squad then have a go at the guy that’s been brought in to try sort out this mess before he’s even had the opportunity of 1 transfer window [emoji106]

11 hours ago, TopCat said:

Yesterday for me was an example of how low expectations have fallen among some of our support.

We lost at home to St Johnstone without creating a single decent chance.

Yet there seemed to be a large section of our fanbase who thought we played well.

Amazingly low expectations if losing at home to St Johnstone without even nearly scoring is seen as ‘playing well’.

I think your a bit deluded if you think there is more to come from this current squad. 

What exactly would you do better than Kearney  in terms of players, formations etc ?

St Johnstone have been getting some good results recently so maybe your missing something ?

12 hours ago, DLBud said:

Forget Stubbs. Has OK really shown us anything to suggest that bringing 4 or 5 in will make a significant difference? He stood on the sidelines yesterday with his entourage of coaches and watched his team drop deeper and deeper as we inexorably sloped toward what we all knew was coming and come it did.

You can't forget Stubbs, thats the whole point. Stubbs was an unmitigated disaster in every sense and we are paying a heavy price for it. 

Forgetting Stubbs is convienent for having a pop at Kearney.

I think you also hugely underestimating St Johnstone.

Edited by lenziebud

Guest TPAFKATS

Yesterday summed up what most seasons in the top flight have been like since the heady days of the 1980’s.

A stuffy team with no pace or cutting edge and few options off the bench to change anything.

And they still managed to sneak a win...

Reality is we lost our best manager for 40 years at the end of last season and replaced him with one of our worst ever managers.  OK has Stubbs'  mess to clear up starting this January, if we do well this window and stay up i think we'll push on and be a lot better next season. I believe we have a very good manager in OK.

Guest TPAFKATS
I'm well aware of the ups and downs of being a St. Mirren fan thanks.

My point, serious although made tongue in cheek is that since the hendrie promotion season we've watched the St johnstones and others come to Paisley sit back offer very little happy to go home with a point. Invariably they take 3 through being a wee bit more canny and or stronger.

So your saying the squads shit with no options on the bench and we’ve to forget about the man that assembled that squad then have a go at the guy that’s been brought in to try sort out this mess before he’s even had the opportunity of 1 transfer window [emoji106]

No mate, I’m saying Stubbs has taken up too much of everyone’s oxygen. He was a f**king omnishambles of a manager and his legacy may loom over this club for a long while yet (see today’s news on Heaton in particular) but we’re wasting time discussing him.

I didn’t say anywhere that we should “have a go” at Kearney. All I said was that he hadn’t shown me anything to suggest the 4 players quoted coming in can turn this team around.

That being said, feel free to misquote this post as well if it takes your fancy.

I think you also hugely underestimating St Johnstone.

I’m not underestimating St Johnstone. They’re a top 6 team IMO. I said before the game on Saturday I’d take a point but the manner which we lost it, dropping deeper and deeper with no out ball was frustrating.

15 minutes ago, DLBud said:

I’m not underestimating St Johnstone. They’re a top 6 team IMO. I said before the game on Saturday I’d take a point but the manner which we lost it, dropping deeper and deeper with no out ball was frustrating.

Got to agree that we dropped deeper and deeper. Eventually it was quick thinking by the Perth side that undid us. Yes..we were at fault but credit to them for pushing on. 

No mate, I’m saying Stubbs has taken up too much of everyone’s oxygen. He was a f**king omnishambles of a manager and his legacy may loom over this club for a long while yet (see today’s news on Heaton in particular) but we’re wasting time discussing him.

I didn’t say anywhere that we should “have a go” at Kearney. All I said was that he hadn’t shown me anything to suggest the 4 players quoted coming in can turn this team around.

That being said, feel free to misquote this post as well if it takes your fancy.

When people are using his shambles of a squad as a bat to beat the current manager with then it’s no waste of oxygen. 

I did not misquote you at all.

“Forget Stubbs. Has OK really shown us anything to suggest that bringing 4 or 5 in will make a significant difference? He stood on the sidelines yesterday with his entourage of coaches and watched his team drop deeper and deeper as we inexorably sloped toward what we all knew was coming and come it did.”

Forget stubbs you said that and then have a pop at our current manager because players were getting tired st Johnstone had a strong bench with players that could change the game in a positive way where we had the opposite a very weak bench.

Problems lies solely with the squad not being good enough I’m surprised we are not even bottom of the league at this stage with this current squad we have done well to stay in the mix for now.

People need to stop searching for excuses when we lose games let the current manager see what he can do in January and see how we get on from there.

2 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

When people are using his shamble a bat to beat the current manager with then it’s no waste of oxygen.

I don’t not misquote you at all.

“Forget Stubbs. Has OK really shown us anything to suggest that bringing 4 or 5 in will make a significant difference? He stood on the sidelines yesterday with his entourage of coaches and watched his team drop deeper and deeper as we inexorably sloped toward what we all knew was coming and come it did.”

For get stubbs you said that and then have a pop at our current manager because players were getting tired st Johnstone had a strong bench with players that could change the game in a positive way where we had the opposite a very weak bench.

Problems lies solely with the squad not being good enough I’m surprised we are not even bottom of the league at this stage with this current squad we have done well to stay in the mix for now.

People need to stop searching for excuses when we lose games let the current manager see what he can do in January and see how we get on from there.

Alan who? Time this excuse was consigned to history. We are where we are and expected to be before a ball was kicked this season. Those who were at the game in Perth will see the progress we have made by how close we came to taking a point this time round. Give credit to St J. They stepped up the pace in the second half. They were quicker of thought and scored with a minute or two to go. A decent top six side and we ran them close. I'm not saying that I didn't hope for more 

Guest TPAFKATS
Got to agree that we dropped deeper and deeper. Eventually it was quick thinking by the Perth side that undid us. Yes..we were at fault but credit to them for pushing on. 
Quick thinking by them, piss poor marking by us.

17 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
53 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

No disagreement there. My point is that it was a fine margin. Unlike the earlier game in Perth where they might have won by six or more. 

54 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

Didn't see anyone point out that for the goal we lost Ferdinand got outjumped for the header to Watt, and Jones got beat in the air by Watt  - there were other issues before the cross came in but 2 of our CB's were beaten for this match wining goal in the last minute

22 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Didn't see anyone point out that for the goal we lost Ferdinand got outjumped for the header to Watt, and Jones got beat in the air by Watt  - there were other issues before the cross came in but 2 of our CB's were beaten for this match wining goal in the last minute

Spot on.