We are Not detached

Its not pretty and this seasons premiership is a bit weird. We have Hibs in 8th place 10 pts back from 2nd and 10 points clear of 9th. We are not detached. A few of us thought we may get to window 6 points behind everyone else but facts are Accies have half their wins v us and Dundee have all their wins v Accies. Only us have a top 6 win and taken a point v tic. So we probably are were we thought we would be ...maybe better . 2014 season we were 6 points clear of County and McIntyre yet finished bottom whilst they pushed on. We had 18 points that year at break in 10th. Our first game back is Celtic. I think we can survive. Does anyone else ?

Motherwell are probably the strongest of the bottom 4 teams but they're far from safe.

A lot of football still to be played with plenty twists and turns to come.

We have to start taking points off Acccies tho...........

11 minutes ago, HSS said:

Motherwell are probably the strongest of the bottom 4 teams but they're far from safe.

A lot of football still to be played with plenty twists and turns to come.

We have to start taking points off Acccies tho...........

On a player by player basis I might agree with you but any one of the 4 teams at the bottom could finish last. Two games ago there were 60 points left to play for. We have taken 3 points from two games. At that rate we could add 30 points or so to what we have. Typically 42 points is safe. 

On a player by player basis I might agree with you but any one of the 4 teams at the bottom could finish last. Two games ago there were 60 points left to play for. We have taken 3 points from two games. At that rate we could add 30 points or so to what we have. Typically 42 points is safe. 

42 points? I reckon the bottom two might not have 42 points combined.

21 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I'll be surprised if Motherwell finish last - I don't see Hamilton, us & Dundee all passing them.

We are cliche of having 18 Cup Finals to play, we're not gonna win them all and no doubt we'll see plenty of gloating from @elvis when we lose some of the games along the way.

The most 2 important of the remaining 18 games will be the H2Hs against Hamilton who are only above us due to taking 6 points from the 2 H2Hs already played - if we can take 4 points (a win and a draw) from these 2 games we will be a long way to finishing 10th which would be a decent finish for our first season. back in the top flight

:offtopic Moving slightly off-topic it'll be a big blow if the rumours of Ferdinand leaving turn out to be correct. I feel/hope it would be in his best interests to stay with us unless he has a much better offer in the background as at this stage in his career he seems to me to be physically at his limits at our level with his experience compared to his fellow CHs and the increased composure this brings to the defence his biggest asset for us. Still if he does go we can't complain as he has clearly given 100% over the last few months.

3 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Not even sure why Motherwell are being considered in this. They’ve been pish but there are nowhere near as pish as the other three.

Mate they said the same about Hibs few seasons back. They are still in it.... lose to accies they are in deep shit

12 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Mate they said the same about Hibs few seasons back. They are still in it.... lose to accies they are in deep shit

During the Hibs season no one was totally shite, plus Hearts only really got hit by the points deduction, they weren’t dreadful by any means. Seeing ourselves, Dundee and Accies getting anywhere near the points tally that sent Hibs down is highly unlikely. Motherwell are probably 15-20 points from safety, achievable for themselves. I get what you’re saying but I don’t see Motherwell under major threat here.

40 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

During the Hibs season no one was totally shite, plus Hearts only really got hit by the points deduction, they weren’t dreadful by any means. Seeing ourselves, Dundee and Accies getting anywhere near the points tally that sent Hibs down is highly unlikely. Motherwell are probably 15-20 points from safety, achievable for themselves. I get what you’re saying but I don’t see Motherwell under major threat here.

I fully appreciate what you are saying, but talk that some of their players are going (Tait for 1) and football being the strange thing that it is - a few bad results and some internal squabbles and all of a sudden who knows.

On paper they are too good, but in terms of points at the change of year, they are definitely not safe.

All 4 teams will look to change some staff - the outcome of this will affect each club for sure. Whoever does the worst will be in trouble..

Lets be quite clear no team has really horsed us this year apart from the Tynecastle and Pittodrie results.We were most unfortunate in a few games at home in particular St Johnstone Rangers Aberdeen Hibs and Killie.Recently one manager said apart from Celtic teams are capable of results against each other.There is no doubt whatsoever in the few weeks in charge Stubbs managed to assemble a questionable squad and deflate a few of our Chamionship squad notably Cammy Smith whose confidence he managed to destroy.There is no doubt the bulk of our support rate Cammy indeed I consider we were very fortunate to acquire his services from The Dons.I thought Cammy tried ever so hard against The Perth Saints and should not have been hooked for Flynn.All said I think we have more than an even chance of retaining our Premier status this season and the Window will be interesting.With the right additions I am more than hopeful.COYS.

I'll be surprised if Motherwell finish last - I don't see Hamilton, us & Dundee all passing them.
We are cliche of having 18 Cup Finals to play, we're not gonna win them all and no doubt we'll see plenty of gloating from [mention=5470]elvis[/mention] when we lose some of the games along the way.
The most 2 important of the remaining 18 games will be the H2Hs against Hamilton who are only above us due to taking 6 points from the 2 H2Hs already played - if we can take 4 points (a win and a draw) from these 2 games we will be a long way to finishing 10th which would be a decent finish for our first season. back in the top flight
:offtopic Moving slightly off-topic it'll be a big blow if the rumours of Ferdinand leaving turn out to be correct. I feel/hope it would be in his best interests to stay with us unless he has a much better offer in the background as at this stage in his career he seems to me to be physically at his limits at our level with his experience compared to his fellow CHs and the increased composure this brings to the defence his biggest asset for us. Still if he does go we can't complain as he has clearly given 100% over the last few months.
Off topic - I really hope he 's tags, great influence on our younger players, on and off the park, an aspect which i think he really enjoys, and loved by the fans. Appreciate he's away from family, but performing well and loved at the club. I'd like to think that even in today's world that counts for something.

We are cliche of having 18 Cup Finals to play, we're not gonna win them all and no doubt we'll see plenty of gloating from [mention=5470]elvis[/mention] when we lose some of the games along the way.
On topic - I think there are 4 teams in it and results between these clubs will ultimately decide who goes down. Those results will be heavily influenced by who has the better recruitment in January.
Commemts on fans forums from all 4 teams are scarily similar - squad not good enough, no wingers, no strikers, poor defence, so it will.ne extremely interesting to see who each club sign.
Massive month for all 4 clubs and, at the moment, impossible to call.

7 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Having taken 12 points from 20 games you think it's possible we will take 30 from the next 18!? :lol:lol  

27 minutes ago, Mr Optimistic said:

Having taken 12 points from 20 games you think it's possible we will take 30 from the next 18!? :lol:lol  

Got to be optimistic Mr Optimistic. 

Our off the field. preparation for life in this league and the happenings until OK arrived have been nothing short of so bad that you couldn't make it up. Then our number one goalkeeper "retires". Yet we are still in touch with three other teams. Recent signings have been decent. So...yes I do believe it is possible with the right reinforcements but it won't be the end of my world or the club if we don't achieve that.

We are where we hoped to be come the transfer window, a win tomorrow would be great. We are in touch with the other 3 teams down there and we are already seeing changes in the squad with 4 already leaving and more to follow, this will free up spaces to bring in the players that are badly need to keep us up. I'm hoping that between JN, GM, BR and OK they'll be able to unearth a few hidden gems.