St Mirren Cup Tie Prices In Comparison to Middlesbrough FC

shull

3 minutes ago, ged62 said:

Don’t go then if not happy with pricing, you’re never going to change it.
Do I think football is overpriced, yes. But will I pay what the asking price is, yes again. Such is life.

Let's make it fifty quid then. 

28 minutes ago, guinness said:

I have some sympathy with shull here. Thought it would be £15. Might wait until day of game and see what the weather us like. If it is snowing and windy might give it a miss. See if we have signed anyone decent.

Was hoping Season Tickets were valid or price under a Tenner. Knew really it wouldn't happen. 

Was expecting between £12 and £15.

£17 is outrageous and that greedy dude from Alloa wanted at least £22.

Hope we fecking hump them at least 6-0.

Can't believe people are actually saying they want it to be more expensive. 

The difference of £10 per ticket for the club will be very little especially when the crowd will be sub 4k and we split the gate. We might be skint but we're no that skint.

It obviously means more to a wee diddy club like Alloa. 

Fair play to the club for trying to get the prices lower. Considering the amount of money the fans have spent following the club this year I think we deserved a "cheaper" game.

8 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Correct that's why it should be £22. As Munoz wrote there will be a good few debuts on show. 

But by that logic why not charge the fans £30 or £40? Just because the gates' split that's surely no reason to fleece the fans for as much as possible? Football is nothing without the fans bud, especially fans like yourself who attend every week through thick and thin. They should always be given value for money as there is no game without them to paraphrase Jock Stein. I understand that £22 might be the going rate for a game in Scotland these days but it would still be a ridiculous ask for a game like this at this time of year. Thankfully our chairman was in agreement with that and at £17 I'll probably be tempted in on the day.

4 hours ago, LargsBud said:

Can't believe people are actually saying they want it to be more expensive. 

The difference of £10 per ticket for the club will be very little especially when the crowd will be sub 4k and we split the gate. We might be skint but we're no that skint.

It obviously means more to a wee diddy club like Alloa. 

Fair play to the club for trying to get the prices lower. Considering the amount of money the fans have spent following the club this year I think we deserved a "cheaper" game.

Think SMFC fan can do better than that. That's OF type comment ?

18 minutes ago, the digger said:

But by that logic why not charge the fans £30 or £40? Just because the gates' split that's surely no reason to fleece the fans for as much as possible? Football is nothing without the fans bud, especially fans like yourself who attend every week through thick and thin. They should always be given value for money as there is no game without them to paraphrase Jock Stein. I understand that £22 might be the going rate for a game in Scotland these days but it would still be a ridiculous ask for a game like this at this time of year. Thankfully our chairman was in agreement with that and at £17 I'll probably be tempted in on the day.

Not argue with any of that. Would love my wife to come to more games value is not good. Would rather take the wife out for a meal which she enjoys more . 

What a job St Mirren legend Jim Goodwin has done at Alloa.

It’s now surely only a matter of time before he makes the step up to full time management.

I wonder, what full time club do we think he will manage first?

As for the cup tie, goes without saying that swift progression into the 5th round is essential.

4 hours ago, TopCat said:

What a job St Mirren legend Jim Goodwin has done at Alloa.

It’s now surely only a matter of time before he makes the step up to full time management.

I wonder, what full time club do we think he will manage first?

As for the cup tie, goes without saying that swift progression into the 5th round is essential.

We have a good manager in Oran. As a mature person ( old c**t to you ) you learn with experience we have a good manager who needs to build his own team. We can't just keep chopping and changing . if you have been in management you would understand that. We now need continuity, stability.  Jim is doing a great job , Oran is our manager has my 100% backing.  Topcat you want a new manager every few month tells me you are still a young man not reached the top of your career.  Fine until you do you won't understand management and building a team. You are only as good as your team. Oran has not built that yet. Topcat grow up mate I know you are a good Saints fan but now going to less and less games going by your posts. So will it be green and white or red white and blue would not surprise me. 

9 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

We have a good manager in Oran. As a mature person ( old c**t to you ) you learn with experience we have a good manager who needs to build his own team. We can't just keep chopping and changing . if you have been in management you would understand that. We now need continuity, stability.  Jim is doing a great job , Oran is our manager has my 100% backing.  Topcat you want a new manager every few month tells me you are still a young man not reached the top of your career.  Fine until you do you won't understand management and building a team. You are only as good as your team. Oran has not built that yet. Topcat grow up mate I know you are a good Saints fan but now going to less and less games going by your posts. So will it be green and white or red white and blue would not surprise me. 

It’s a mute point really, Mr Goodwin was invited to apply for the post and declined. The next 5 months will be pivotal in Oran’s time at stmirren. If he can bring in more experience (in the same mould as his free agents) then we should stay up. 

17 hours ago, the digger said:

Saw Sunderland on Saturday for a tenner, and that was a league game. Every season ticket holder could buy two extra tickets for a tenner a piece.

13 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

What did you think of Jack's team ? 

They played very much like we did last season, loads of possession, everything played out and a plethora of wee midfielders/forwards who struggle to be effective against tall/big opponents.

he is doing what he did here, playing a numbers game, that being the more we hold possession the likely we are to create chances. But like us last season, they struggle against their versions of Falkirk, Brechin, Dunfermline, Livi etc whonarent interested in playing football. He needs to recruit a bit of quality up front and in central defence to see them into an automatic promotion spot.

On 12/31/2018 at 10:06 AM, guinness said:

I have some sympathy with shull here. Thought it would be £15. Might wait until day of game and see what the weather us like. If it is snowing and windy might give it a miss. See if we have signed anyone decent.

So a 2 pound difference would stop you going to a Saints Scottish Cup game at home? 

We might be pish but at least we have the most loyal support in Scotland! :lol:

43 minutes ago, Kemp said:

So a 2 pound difference would stop you going to a Saints Scottish Cup game at home? 

He never said he would or wouldn't go in relation to the the  price of entry. 

Enjoy your laugh. 

1 hour ago, Kemp said:

Meant it should be £12 to £15. £2 diff would probably not stop me going but might put off others. Over £15 seems to take it to a different level. I will probably go in the end but will be surprised if there are many over 2000 - 2300.do not think our support is much more loyal than others though the crowds have kept up well so far.

20 hours ago, guinness said:

Meant it should be £12 to £15. £2 diff would probably not stop me going but might put off others. Over £15 seems to take it to a different level. I will probably go in the end but will be surprised if there are many over 2000 - 2300.do not think our support is much more loyal than others though the crowds have kept up well so far.

Fair enough.

As we all know anything under 20 quid is a good price for entry though. Crowd might be around 2500 mark but a few pounds difference won't make much difference. What could make a difference is an aggressive marketing campaign, offers to bring a friend for a fiver, drives to bring school groups for a group price etc. (The magic of the cup, 1987, I was there etc - plenty of scope to make it a generational family day and drive sales). Our Commercial Manager wouldn't know where to begin with putting together a well-executed campaign though. I believe all he has done is put on a curry buffet for 65 pounds. Amazing we fire so many managers for poor performance yet that dinosaur is still in charge of our commercial operations.

I think most people are just bored to death with Shull's moaning by now, hence why there isn't much proper discussion around prices and filling the stadium.

31 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Fair enough.

As we all know anything under 20 quid is a good price for entry though. Crowd might be around 2500 mark but a few pounds difference won't make much difference. What could make a difference is an aggressive marketing campaign, offers to bring a friend for a fiver, drives to bring school groups for a group price etc. (The magic of the cup, 1987, I was there etc - plenty of scope to make it a generational family day and drive sales). Our Commercial Manager wouldn't know where to begin with putting together a well-executed campaign though. I believe all he has done is put on a curry buffet for 65 pounds. Amazing we fire so many managers for poor performance yet that dinosaur is still in charge of our commercial operations.

I think most people are just bored to death with Shull's moaning by now, hence why there isn't much proper discussion around prices and filling the stadium.

See instead of all that shite above why don't Clubs just price matches correctly and fairly. 

Tenner or under would be perfect. 

THEN FECKING PROMOTE IT. 

1 minute ago, shull said:

See instead of all that shite above why don't Clubs just price matches correctly and fairly. 

Tenner or under would be perfect. 

THEN FECKING PROMOTE IT. 

Why isn't a taxi from Paisley to Glasgow a fiver?

This has been done to death. John Boyle tried the cut price ticket approach at Motherwell, a complete commercial disaster.

You know f**k all about business, so I'm not going to waste my time explaining any further.

33 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Fair enough.

And to add. 

Why did you say, BRING A FRIEND FOR A FIVER? 

You said just before that, that ANYTHING UNDER £20 IS A GOOD PRICE. 

Is it ? 

£19 ? 

£18 ? 

£17 ? 

And so on. 

Shut up. 

1 minute ago, shull said:

And to add. 

Why did you say, BRING A FRIEND FOR A FIVER? 

You said just before that, that ANYTHING UNDER £20 IS A GOOD PRICE. 

Is it ? 

£19 ? 

£18 ? 

£17 ? 

And so on. 

Shut up. 

You see, the problem with explaining these concepts to you Shull is that you are a f**king simpleton.

Get back to ripping off Renfrewshire's pensioners in your taxi and leave us in peace.