Plastic Saints?

Lord Pityme

5 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Check all the hype and fake news reasoning that Smisa members ringfenced funds would be used to create a "Community" facility with the new playing surface at Ralston. Now try and find ONE example or commitment to that facility being open to the community.

buds.... you certainly bought that lie!

Condesending obviously isnt on your resolution list. Was hoping you would have fallen thru that soap box of yours by now...

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

How often will the punters accept being lied to?

it always ends in tears, always.

My views on Smisa being a well intentioned but ultimately fraudulent scheme are well kent on this little forum of ours.

I appreciate your efforts to inform the wider Buddie community as to your findings, unfortunately many will fail to listen and will conduct themselves like Labour voters justifying illlegal war by refusing reason and resorting to insult.

Good work.

Smisa are evil, evil indeed.

Happy new year Buddies, happy new year indeed

14 hours ago, cockles1987 said:

There's one, February 3rd.
https://www.smisa.net/news-archive/5-general-smisa-news/263-smisa-thanked-for-pitch-investment

And here's what was actually written regarding creating a community facility.

https://www.smisa.net/news-archive/5-general-smisa-news/244-april-2-spend-ballot-details

It is the usual practice of the training camps and the street stuff to post details like for Easter/Summer a few weeks beforehand. Not 3 or 6 months. But the OP would know that and if he didn't it took me a minute to Google the said information. Just type St Mirren Camp and you'll see the full list of dates for yourself.

Screenshot_20190101-201054_Chrome.jpeg

You do realise those are all smfc money making ventures, and not community activities?

oh dear, you dropped one there bud.

10 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

Apart from the link i provided can you show me anywhere when anyone said another community activity would be absolutely free.

Did you think that the employee's would just coach for free?

Next you'll want free coffee machines posted at each corner of the stadium so the community that are walking buy can have one.

In fact didn't you suggest a community coffee shop to make a profit? So one rule now is it.

Thanks for agreeing there is no community benefit being derived from using Smisa members ringfenced funds. 

Re the coffee shop/ cafe never tagged it as a community venture, but as something smisa members could support, thatvwould create jobs, and make profit to be re-invested as members choose. any mug can gove money away!

4 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

One of the first suggestions i put to the Smisa committee (endorsed by a body who were keen to give smisa a grant to help make it happen) was to have at the ground a Smisa cafe, or even start with a mobile snack van. It would see Smisa and the club creating jobs and training opportunities in the community, and provide a new revenue stream.

That's your words. You want to apologise now to everyone? emoji23.png

Lol.... what apologise for repeating what I said two years ago? I think the phrase " clutching at straws" fits the bill. But hey knock yourself out.

3 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

https://www.blackandwhitearmy.com/forums/applications/tapatalk/index.php?/topic/44631-Why-Have-We-Stood-Still?

Less than one year ago.

The only knockout blow was delivered to your hypocrisy.

Does all this arouse you? 

Struggling to think why else you would get so up in your business about stuff.

4 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

You just don't like it when the actual facts prove you've either lied or just made stuff up, or even shown the hypocrisy of the stuff you've written previously comes back to bite you.

Again I'll ask you to provide proof regarding the supposedly free community stuff at Ralston promised by SMISA. If there is none, just say so and apologise for the false accusation. Nothing wrong with being wrong, unless you knew you were wrong to begin with then that's just being a lowlife spiteful scumbag.

Honestly i really dont know what your point is? Other than perhaps the reason i usually ignore your posts as they are just attempts to get a rise.

my point is made clear by smisa, smfc and you kindly posting the original smisa update, my point being that it was very clearly sold to the smisa members that using £50k of their ringfenced funds to help replace the surface at Ralston would 'Benefit The Community'!

and since Smisa are a 'Community Benefit Society' then all their activities investments should be geared towards just that, benefitting the community. Whatbthey have done however is give £50k to a private company who said they didnt need it, but took it just the same and are now charging the community to get minimal access to the facility.

smisa are not allowed to give money to private companies, for thise companies to simply make profit from, and equally they are not allowed either to sponsor private companies. All this is covered by the FCA legislation on community benefit societies.

now please if you can, tell me what your point is?

14 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

It is benefitting the community. One example, The community and I believe those who play on it are from the community, are playing on a better surface due to the £50,000 they received in a democratic fashion that you didn't like and that no one from the FCA has objected to or said it was an illegal payment.

As you've mentioned sexual activity twice I'm sorry if you're not getting anything. I've read that the sexual frustration that you're showing signs of can be the death of you. http://klaq.com/new-study-shows-sexual-frustration-may-cause-men-to-die-prematurely/

We wouldn't want that now.

Its ok not to be ok, but genuinely, get help.... soon.

Is the Ralston facility open to the community to hire or solely for SMFC players , officials and youth team members ?
From the google links for the football camps, it seems schools and the air dome get used but not the academy facility, so only community benefits would be ??

1 minute ago, alanb said:

Is the Ralston facility open to the community to hire or solely for SMFC players , officials and youth team members ?
From the google links for the football camps, it seems schools and the air dome get used but not the academy facility, so only community benefits would be ??

Only If you count having to pay £175 to play against old st mirren players as a community benefit.

2 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

It can't be hired by the public/community per se. I believe that is a condition of the lease agreement.

But has been used previously for the camps/street stuff if required.

Would that mean then that, for example,  the Trust could utiliseit? 

I can't mind how long ago,maybe a year/year and a half, we had a bit of a debate on what the "community" referred to is.

Some of us believe it should be the wider community from which we create new ties and hopefully encourage new supporters from this community.

Others, and it seems, the "community" SMISA & St Mirren refer to is the St Mirren Community already involved (1st team, U20's, Youth Academy etc) which in essence, does not extend any further than the boundaries of Ralston or Greenhill Road.

The only way to invoke any change is for SMISA members to raise a members resolution, present it at a general meeting at which 2/3s or 3/4s (i can't mind which) of the voting members must agree to the resolution to get it passed.

I can't imagine such an action being useful with regards to a change in the "community" accessing Ralston' astro facilities, as SMISA is only a shareholder at this time.

21 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

You do realise those are all smfc money making ventures, and not community activities?

oh dear, you dropped one there bud.

The two are not mutually exclusive. You belong to a very small group of SMFC fans (apparently) that are blind to the fact a community activity that also finances our football club is a good thing. 

7 hours ago, Kombibuddie said:

I can't mind how long ago,maybe a year/year and a half, we had a bit of a debate on what the "community" referred to is.

Some of us believe it should be the wider community from which we create new ties and hopefully encourage new supporters from this community.

Others, and it seems, the "community" SMISA & St Mirren refer to is the St Mirren Community already involved (1st team, U20's, Youth Academy etc) which in essence, does not extend any further than the boundaries of Ralston or Greenhill Road.

The only way to invoke any change is for SMISA members to raise a members resolution, present it at a general meeting at which 2/3s or 3/4s (i can't mind which) of the voting members must agree to the resolution to get it passed.

I can't imagine such an action being useful with regards to a change in the "community" accessing Ralston' astro facilities, as SMISA is only a shareholder at this time.

I think you might be talking about The community benefit details as per the regulation. It relates to a ‘direct or indirect’ community benefit. SMFC & SMISA cover both of these. 

Young footballers and other members of the community will have access to play on a better surface - community benefit. 

A strong SMFC is good for the Paisley and Renfrewshire community - indirect benefit. 

It was done to death, LPM was one of very few people not to understand that SMFC financially benefitting is an added bonus and does not negate a community benefit.

He will be unable to show anything in the regulations (it’s not legislative as he previously quoted, FCA is a regulator) that says rules are broken if the community benefits are not completely free of any cost. 

8 hours ago, Kombibuddie said:

The issue at the heart of this, which cant be ignored is the Smisa committee and club lying to smisa members yet again to get their hands on our cash. There was never going to be a "community programme" drawn up to allow anyone to use the facility, indeed the club as part of the covenant agreed with the council to lease Ralston are prevented from sub-letting, or charging any third party to use it!

so as you can see it was never going to happen, and now the club will have another issue to deal with when the council cotton on to the club charging fans £175 a head to play an ex player/staff eleven at Ralston! 

Smisa could easily meet its requirements to benefit the wider community, whilst supporting Smfc, it chooses not to because Gordon & now the fans council effectively run it, and they just want the cash. Even before the first But The Buds direct debit form was signed Gordon was very open in saying "but the smisa subs will just be sitting there until you raise the full amount"

13 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

The issue at the heart of this, which cant be ignored is the Smisa committee and club lying to smisa members yet again to get their hands on our cash. There was never going to be a "community programme" drawn up to allow anyone to use the facility, indeed the club as part of the covenant agreed with the council to lease Ralston are prevented from sub-letting, or charging any third party to use it!

so as you can see it was never going to happen, and now the club will have another issue to deal with when the council cotton on to the club charging fans £175 a head to play an ex player/staff eleven at Ralston! 

Smisa could easily meet its requirements to benefit the wider community, whilst supporting Smfc, it chooses not to because Gordon & now the fans council effectively run it, and they just want the cash. Even before the first But The Buds direct debit form was signed Gordon was very open in saying "but the smisa subs will just be sitting there until you raise the full amount"

More unfounded garbage. Very fortunate that most people simply don't pay any attention to you.

Here's to SMISA still being ahead of target to deliver fan ownership and you being completely powerless to change it. Happy New Year :clapping

14 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

More unfounded garbage. Very fortunate that most people simply don't pay any attention to you.

Here's to SMISA still being ahead of target to deliver fan ownership and you being completely powerless to change it. Happy New Year :clapping

Smisa would be ahead of target if it hadnt given £100k of ringfenced funds to a private company it is seeking to buy the majority shareholding in. Money the company said it didnt actually need!

19 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Smisa would be ahead of target if it hadnt given £100k of ringfenced funds to a private company it is seeking to buy the majority shareholding in. Money the company said it didnt actually need!

the money will be replaced by the time the deal is completed, it has been very well documented. The target completion date isn't impacted. 

The permission of members was also achieved, it's the will of the voting majority, you don't speak for us. 

Edited by bazil85

I think you might be talking about The community benefit details as per the regulation. It relates to a ‘direct or indirect’ community benefit. SMFC & SMISA cover both of these. 
Young footballers and other members of the community will have access to play on a better surface - community benefit. 
A strong SMFC is good for the Paisley and Renfrewshire community - indirect benefit. 
It was done to death, LPM was one of very few people not to understand that SMFC financially benefitting is an added bonus and does not negate a community benefit.
He will be unable to show anything in the regulations (it’s not legislative as he previously quoted, FCA is a regulator) that says rules are broken if the community benefits are not completely free of any cost. 
I am talking about the interpretation of what the "community" was that was discussed sometime ago.

A substantial part of the discussion concerned regulations, I recall Supporters Direct being asked for clarification but nonetheless, it's peoples understanding of the word "community" that sees it rearing its ugly head once again.

It is what it is, LPM's drum appears to get beat on the wider community ideology, yours on the closer knit St Mirren community.