Sign in to follow this  
Lord Pityme

Plastic Saints?

15 hours ago, Kombibuddie said:

I was thinking what certainty you have of unfounded garbage when LPM mentioned things said (when he was on the SMISA board). As you have never been involved, how could you know other than you choosing to interpret all he says as garbage. He will be like the cock of the north on here, if at a later date, it turns out there is some smoke. I sincerely hope you are right.

Onto more positive things, SMISA website says this

SMISA owns 29% of the shares now. 

Have a look over LPM messages, he isn’t saying anything about what’s happening bwhind the scenes that are illegal. He’s talking about the £50k, funding wages and a whole matter of other stuff that is common knowledge and saying they’re illegal. 

I don’t need to interpret what he means because it’s clear, public and it’s all compliant with guidelines.

I say that not only from my professional knowledge, I say it from a sheer common sense POV. Think about it, if all this publicly known activity was illegal or breached regulation then we’d get in trouble. There would be consequences, fines and sanctions  (trust me FCA aren’t shy in issuing fines) 

If he had came out and said ‘X, Y & Z has happened behind closed doors and no one knows about it’ it would be a different story. He’s not, if that was indeed the case and he didn’t blow the whistle, he himself could be in a bit of hot water over failure to report guidance. 

As for the next part, yeah I believe that’s what we own right now, then at the end of BTB we get most GLS shares moving the fan group into majority owners. 

5 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Each to their own, I wish every st Mirren fan with the financial means to back BTB right now did so, but there will be people that don’t for whatever reason.

The conclusion of the deal is practically guaranteed given how steady and ahead of schedule the numbers are. Maybe in that timescale you and your own will have a change of heart and further contribute to this once in a lifetime fantastic opportunity for our club. 

But as always it’s personal choices. 

What is this lifetime fantastic opportunity ?

The Club is presently owned by St Mirren Supporters.

I am not with BTB, but I still partly own the Club.

What the feck you on about Baz ?

14 hours ago, shull said:

What is this lifetime fantastic opportunity ?

The Club is presently owned by St Mirren Supporters.

I am not with BTB, but I still partly own the Club.

What the feck you on about Baz ?

Moving the club into fan ownership in the conventional sense, as in owned by a fan group and not individuals. You’re splitting hairs saying ‘presently owned by St Mirren supporters’ 

BTB is a once in a lifetime opportunity for the club. When the club is owned by fans it offers us more protects from potentially been sold to people with less than honourable intentions, which has happened to several Scottish clubs. It also gives us the added benefit that we won’t have a chairman that runs it as their profit making business, again like some other clubs in Scotland. 

Profit making ? 

I have been a shareholder for over 40 years and have never received or expected a dividend. 

We have been run successfully since Gilmour appeared. Now Scott is keeping things ticking over. 

So we have been run by Fans since the mid 1990's. 

No need for drastic change. 

7 minutes ago, shull said:

Profit making ? 

I have been a shareholder for over 40 years and have never received or expected a dividend. 

We have been run successfully since Gilmour appeared. Now Scott is keeping things ticking over. 

So we have been run by Fans since the mid 1990's. 

No need for drastic change. 

So is it fair to say you don’t understand the difference between a football clubs owner(s) that happen to support the team and the concept of fan ownership? 

Fair enough, maybe something for you to research. 

21 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

So is it fair to say you don’t understand the difference between a football clubs owner(s) that happen to support the team and the concept of fan ownership? 

Fair enough, maybe something for you to research. 

Both the same. 

11 minutes ago, shull said:

St Mirren fans running the Club whether it is a handful or hundreds. 

I am already a shareholder. Why do I need to sign up for anything ? 

Didn’t say you did, I’m just saying you clearly don’t understand the concept of fan ownership. Maybe you would if you did.