FORFUXSAKE

The single use plastic arguement is a very real one but I am sure that our wonderful club does not deserve to be singled out, at least not yet.  

As such I will NOT be signing this daft petition.  As a personal protest, railing against the idiot who started this petition I shall purchase a bovril, use TWO plastic stirrers and also take a straw that I shall dispose of without EVER using it.

Just to be safe I shall have to bring a couple of plastic stirrers and a straw with me in case such products are replaced with tree hugging models prior to my next attendance at the hallowed ground.  Of course I shall make sure that the stirrers and straw have never been used before (as that would defeat my personal protest).

Actually fellow Buddies lets all bring plastic stirrers and straws to the game, disposing of them in such a manner as to make this idiot pish themselves with rage.  

The main problem is not the plastic, it’s what people are doing with it when they discard it !

It’s a situation that need not arise.Plastic is not magically making its own way to the ocean.

Anyway, general nonsense for this or perhaps a new section - The recycling bin [emoji2]

A quick look at that site shows there's petitions calling for this at a number of clubs north and south of the border. The text is pretty much identical so I'm guessing it's a concerted effort to get some action.

The idea is one worth exploring, however I wonder how many of the clubs have actually been asked directly whether they would consider getting rid of single use plastics? Would have thought that was a far better idea, and far more likely to get some success, than yet another online petition.

29 minutes ago, Stu said:

A quick look at that site shows there's petitions calling for this at a number of clubs north and south of the border. The text is pretty much identical so I'm guessing it's a concerted effort to get some action.

The idea is one worth exploring, however I wonder how many of the clubs have actually been asked directly whether they would consider getting rid of single use plastics? Would have thought that was a far better idea, and far more likely to get some success, than yet another online petition.

Doing away with single use plastics should be made law not mandatory.  Plastics cause cancer it's everywhere in fish we eat . Takes thousands of years to break down. Plastic is the biggest profit for oil companies not fuel.   So don't expect it to disappear any time soon. 

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

8 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Doing away with single use plastics should be made law not mandatory.  Plastics cause cancer it's everywhere in fish we eat . Takes thousands of years to break down. Plastic is the biggest profit for oil companies not fuel.   So don't expect it to disappear any time soon. 

They will be after you soon to turn your Cafe/Restaurant into fully vegetarian.

11 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Isn't the "catering" is contracted out? It's the franchise that should be requested to change.

I think the point is that the Club grants the concession and sets the terms.  This approach would put the onus on the club when granting future concessions. 

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

I think the point is that the Club grants the concession and sets the terms.  This approach would put the onus on the club when granting future concessions. 

That might work, (though, even then, I doubt it), if companies were falling over themselves to get a piece of the action. Some people really do live in a fantasy world.