where will Saints Finish in the League?

• 2 months later...

Interesting looking at current form over the last 6 matches for each Premiership Team.

Team              RESULTS                      Points

Ham                L D W L L W                    7

Saints              L L L D D W                     5

Dee                  L D D W L L                     5

Livi                   L L D L W L                      4

Kille                  D L D L L D                     3

Fakes               L L L D L L                       1

I will list this once more when we move on another 3 matches and we can see how it looks then.

But looking at current form Killie and the Fakes are on a bad run as the 2 worst Premiership performers over these last 6 sets of fixtures- AND we are playing them both in our next 2 games.

So if you are Elvis - this is just what they both need - an easy 3 points against us.

If you are optimistic - this is a real chance to take points off the 2 teams with the worst current form in the league...

3 points for us on Monday, and our 2 rivals getting beaten would be big big positives all round - C O Y S   :spud7

Probably bottom as when a clear goal scoring opportunity presents itself our strikers either get the ball tangled under their feet or wait until a defender slides in and removes the goal threat.2 clear goal scoring opportunities last night didn't even work the keeper.same every week. We need to take these opportunities.it's not as if we get one clear cut chance to score. We get many in every game. Finishing is going to be our down fall.

Edited by Paisley brazilians

4 hours ago, Paisley brazilians said:

Probably bottom as when a clear goal scoring opportunity presents itself our strikers either get the ball tangled under their feet or wait until a defender slides in and removes the goal threat.2 clear goal scoring opportunities last night didn't even work the keeper.same every week. We need to take these opportunities.it's not as if we get one clear cut chance to score. We get many in every game. Finishing is going to be our down fall.

It is far too soon to to believe this - come back on here after we play our next 2 games and move above Dee . . . :magic:ninja

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 5:07 PM, Sweeper07 said:

Interesting looking at current form over the last 6 matches for each Premiership Team.

Team              RESULTS                      Points

Ham                L D W L L W                    7

Saints              L L L D D W                     5

Dee                  L D D W L L                     5

Livi                   L L D L W L                      4

Kille                  D L D L L D                     3

Fakes               L L L D L L                       1

I will list this once more when we move on another 3 matches and we can see how it looks then.

But looking at current form Killie and the Fakes are on a bad run as the 2 worst Premiership performers over these last 6 sets of fixtures- AND we are playing them both in our next 2 games.

So if you are Elvis - this is just what they both need - an easy 3 points against us.

If you are optimistic - this is a real chance to take points off the 2 teams with the worst current form in the league...

3 points for us on Monday, and our 2 rivals getting beaten would be big big positives all round - C O Y S   :spud7

So 1 down 1 to go then .

3 hours ago, elvis said:

So 1 down 1 to go then .

So 1 down and 1 to go playing Killie and the Fakes, but then we have other games to play as well.

Getting beat 1 to nil against Killie (in 4th) is neither a disaster nor a shock. The Fakes similarly are thought of as being a better team than us too - so what IF we take 1 or 3 points against them? - likely we will still rise above Dee in the table - then we play them next.

I also said I would relist the recent form in 3 games time  -  then it is not about 1 game average but every 6 with an update every 3 which balances things out much better.

Noticed you did not say that I was positively promoting our 2 rivals losing over the weekend - which they both did !  :spud7

Anything against the Fakes and beating Dee and we will not look back !  :magic

18 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

So 1 down and 1 to go playing Killie and the Fakes, but then we have other games to play as well.

Getting beat 1 to nil against Killie (in 4th) is neither a disaster nor a shock. The Fakes similarly are thought of as being a better team than us too - so what IF we take 1 or 3 points against them? - likely we will still rise above Dee in the table - then we play them next.

I also said I would relist the recent form in 3 games time  -  then it is not about 1 game average but every 6 with an update every 3 which balances things out much better.

Noticed you did not say that I was positively promoting our 2 rivals losing over the weekend - which they both did !  :spud7

Anything against the Fakes and beating Dee and we will not look back !  :magic

We will not beat any of these teams. 

17 minutes ago, elvis said:

Because they are better than us especially Hamilton who own us I know Dundee have not beat us but I bet they will be more up for it than us. 

Well, recent results have not shown either team to be better than St Mirren, if Saints are who you mean by us?

and what is your reasoning behind thinking Dundee “more up for it than us”?

Speaking personally, I have never subscribed to this “us” malarkey.

does the “us” to which you refer mean YOU have a lack of confidence and belief in yourself, so you are randomly allocating YOUR lack or failings to the professional athletes...?  cos that would be truly daft.

i mean, those skilled, hard working athletes have recently transformed the outlook and attitude of this club St Mirren by their work ethic, application... as shown by the recent returns that effort has brought.

i know that when you say “I bet” that it’s merely metaphorical as apparently you’re offshore and somehow when you’re out there it’s impossible to actually place bets.... whatever... I suggest you don’t waste money on such random bets, based on your personal emotions.

look, I apologise if you know you were just spouting mince, but I sense you genuinely are a true Saints fan... a tad depressive, but genuine.... . although on this surprising occasion, you’ve let your personal situation and emotions run amok.

best wishes...

Edited by antrin

Not many suggesting 10th - but that is where we will finish - place your bets and be a winner.

Get right behind the team and management and show them the support they deserve for this great escape.

Then watch and enjoy as we progress next season . . . . :guinness

Bets also on Livi to go down next season . . . 

Edited by Sweeper07