where will Saints Finish in the League?

1 hour ago, Paisleyporridge said:

I’m going to say that those on this board who refuse to admit any upside to a situation; and who appear to revel in pessimistic analysis are not supporters. De facto. Denial of an upside is just opposition. I’m talking to you Elvis. Let us know when you’ve left the building ...

Two chances of that never and absolutely never. 

19 hours ago, antrin said:

Well, recent results have not shown either team to be better than St Mirren, if Saints are who you mean by us?

and what is your reasoning behind thinking Dundee “more up for it than us”?

Speaking personally, I have never subscribed to this “us” malarkey.

does the “us” to which you refer mean YOU have a lack of confidence and belief in yourself, so you are randomly allocating YOUR lack or failings to the professional athletes...?  cos that would be truly daft.

i mean, those skilled, hard working athletes have recently transformed the outlook and attitude of this club St Mirren by their work ethic, application... as shown by the recent returns that effort has brought.

i know that when you say “I bet” that it’s merely metaphorical as apparently you’re offshore and somehow when you’re out there it’s impossible to actually place bets.... whatever... I suggest you don’t waste money on such random bets, based on your personal emotions.

look, I apologise if you know you were just spouting mince, but I sense you genuinely are a true Saints fan... a tad depressive, but genuine.... . although on this surprising occasion, you’ve let your personal situation and emotions run amok.

best wishes...

Yeah, that's not a condescending post at all. :lol::lol:

4 hours ago, Jack the lad said:

Aye ok but if we don't score then we're not going to win!!!

That is true but we will score - of course we can get goals - our most recent form set up as we are now resulted in 2 against the Dons, 1 against Hearts, 1 against Liv and a blank against Killie - so only in 1 of our last 4 games did we fail to score. Similarly in only 1 we kept a clean sheet . . .

I think we will be right in about the Fakes this week and I expect at least a point and 1 or 2 goals - Here's hoping          The Fakes    1 v 2  The Saints   :ninja

Whilst we have improved we lost at home to Hibs , Motherwell and Kilmarnock and Dundee united. I’m afraid whilst I hear reports of Hamilton being dreadful every other week they actually win games they dig in and they win  . We don’t we huff and puff and look better but crucially we haven’t won and this will probably be our undoing. Our inability at home has prevented us from potentially keeping in with a chance of 10th 

On Wednesday, March 13, 2019 at 11:22 PM, Paisleyporridge said:

11th. I think we’ve shown enough in the last few weeks to believe we are progressing. But I think Hamilton have owned us this season and considering their 4 point advantage need to be convinced we have enough to finish above them ...

Still a lot of points to play for. Not any easier though after Hamilton 's win today. Celtic might do us a favour tomorrow.

3 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Thats Hamilton away now. Us or Dundee for automatic relegation.

REALLY - you get to decide this ?   :lol:

We beat Dee next week and we are back 4 points behind Accies with a game in hand. 

Therefore if we win that we would only be 1 point behind them with 7 games and 21 points still to play for...  

But your expert assertions mean we cannot possible pass the Accies...

Don't bet against us . . .  :guinness

3 hours ago, norrie82 said:

Hamilton are by all accounts a poor team and my Hamilton supporting mate said canning would relegate them. Now in six weeks Rice has accumulated just about the same amount of points as we have all season. V sad this but we have to try for the playoff

They are a poor team and have taken a number of heavy beatings but in the games against Aberdeen & Hearts they have defended leads and picked up 6 points, as I've said elsewhere they have been fighting relegation since Game 1 - we gave them 20-odd games and 6 points of a start before we assembled & prepared an similar team. With 2H2H games to go 7 points isn't insurmountable but it's a helluvanask - I'd bet against us! 

4 hours ago, elvis said:

They were better than us before Rice went there now he's improved them even more we are f**ked Automatic relegation for us is a certainty in my opinion. 

Totally agree..will be at least 5-7 points adrift at bottom of season...brought in loads new players but Lyons, Dreyer, Nazon, Jackson, Tansey, Mcginn all remain not good enough...

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

We are three wins behind Hamilton. If they simply draw with us and we win three we will still be a win behind them. Its a two horse race to the bottom now. 

7 points ahead they are..if we won 3 and they never won any be 2 points ahead of them..if we then drew still be 2 points ahead of them but never ever going happen...

It’s looking dire......however my optimism has been recharged after watching the rugby this evening. If Scotland can come back from a 31- 0 first half then stmirren can finish in 10th. Get Gregor Townsend in for a motivational talk on Monday. 

Edited by ALBIONSAINT