where will Saints Finish in the League?

2 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

They are a poor team and have taken a number of heavy beatings but in the games against Aberdeen & Hearts they have defended leads and picked up 6 points, as I've said elsewhere they have been fighting relegation since Game 1 - we gave them 20-odd games and 6 points of a start before we assembled & prepared an similar team. With 2H2H games to go 7 points isn't insurmountable but it's a helluvanask - I'd bet against us! 

Hearts are a poor team.

They've been beaten by all three of the bottom feeders.

It's just a pity that they're very unlikely to be in the bottom six, as we'd get a chance to play them at home again.

As it is, we'll probably have 'Well or Hibs away.

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

Hearts are a poor team.

They've been beaten by all three of the bottom feeders.

It's just a pity that they're very unlikely to be in the bottom six, as we'd get a chance to play them at home again.

As it is, we'll probably have 'Well or Hibs away.

Yeah, Hearts are likely to be in the Top 6 post-split and they made the League Cup S/F where they lost to Celtic and are likely to make the final of the Scottish Cup, sure they have bad days but a lot less than us.

I wouldn't say there has been much between Hibs & Hearts over the course of the season (2 points in the league, Cup defeats to Celtic) but I'd say both are stronger than 'Well.

As for us we'd not be in our present position if we'd assembled the current squad back in August but as they say "if yer aunty had balls......................", Accies have shown they can manage game situations - after the split they'll have three games against teams with little to play for so I reckon we'll need 6 points from the 2 H2Hs to have a realistic chance of overtaking them - but I've been wrong plenty times before.

7 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Yeah, Hearts are likely to be in the Top 6 post-split and they made the League Cup S/F where they lost to Celtic and are likely to make the final of the Scottish Cup, sure they have bad days but a lot less than us.

I wouldn't say there has been much between Hibs & Hearts over the course of the season (2 points in the league, Cup defeats to Celtic) but I'd say both are stronger than 'Well.

As for us we'd not be in our present position if we'd assembled the current squad back in August but as they say "if yer aunty had balls......................", Accies have shown they can manage game situations - after the split they'll have three games against teams with little to play for so I reckon we'll need 6 points from the 2 H2Hs to have a realistic chance of overtaking them - but I've been wrong plenty times before.

Where in the world did Accies get that manager who has turned them round in a handful of games? Jeez its not even "His" team...lol

Guest TPAFKATS
We are three wins behind Hamilton. If they simply draw with us and we win three we will still be a win behind them. Its a two horse race to the bottom now. 
We're actually 2 wins and a draw away from being above Hamilton.

The Accies result yesterday is a kick in the baws. Then again, with such a low points tally any other season we’d already be gone. Hopefully the bigots beat Dundee today so we stay in touch with 11th, and work from there. If we don’t hit, say, 35pts by the end of the season we can’t really complain about going down. Whatever happens, just keep backing the team, que sera sera.

The Accies result yesterday is a kick in the baws. Then again, with such a low points tally any other season we’d already be gone. Hopefully the bigots beat Dundee today so we stay in touch with 11th, and work from there. If we don’t hit, say, 35pts by the end of the season we can’t really complain about going down. Whatever happens, just keep backing the team, que sera sera.

Would that be the same kind of boot in the bawz as when they beat Aberdeen, with a new manager (appointed as the transfer window shut) who doesn’t even have his ‘own team?’

Aye, that’s a boot in the bawz alright

4 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Where in the world did Accies get that manager who has turned them round in a handful of games? Jeez its not even "His" team...lol

I don't remember anyone suggesting we promote him back in September and there weren't many predicting he'd turn Accies round at the time of his departure only @billyg IIRC most of us were happy to be saving a wage. Hindsight eh...…………..

7 minutes ago, Ethan said:

The luck is not with us. The Killie game and the results with Accies etc. I live in hope but its not looking likely. 

The Livi game balances out the Killie one, more than balances as 3 points for that win beats 2 points for two draws. If Tansy had been red-carded during the Hearts game we'd more than likely have lost it - luck is not why we're bottom. 

13 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

I don't remember anyone suggesting we promote him back in September and there weren't many predicting he'd turn Accies round at the time of his departure only @billyg IIRC most of us were happy to be saving a wage. Hindsight eh...…………..

Its just a leg pull bud, not a serious dig. That said, it sums up perfectly the complete clusterf**k the board have made in managerial appointment, and who to let go.

Guest TPAFKATS

Would that be the same kind of boot in the bawz as when they beat Aberdeen, with a new manager (appointed as the transfer window shut) who doesn’t even have his ‘own team?’

Aye, that’s a boot in the bawz alright
Rice is head coach at Hamilton, which suggests it'll never be 'his team'

1 minute ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Oh my! I reckon that was potentially the best outcome for us in that game. Arguably (GD aside) better than them getting routinely pumped 6-0.

An absolutely sickening kick in the stanes.

Perfect.

Where did all the extra time come from if I was a Dundee that's what I would want answered.  

8 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Its just a leg pull bud, not a serious dig. That said, it sums up perfectly the complete clusterf**k the board have made in managerial appointment, and who to let go.

Just puzzled you picked out me :wacko: as I agree that barring us winning the 2H2Hs Hamilton are out of our reach, I predict roughhouse tactics & time wasting from the KO, although that's pretty much been their MO since Billy Reid took over a dozen or so years ago so no change there - the question is whether we're ready to match them in the coming two fixtures?

For me the question on whether Brian Rice is a tactical genius or Canning's sacking focused the Hamilton players and gave them back their mojo is still open to debate although that will be academical (sic) to us if we go down.

16 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Where did all the extra time come from if I was a Dundee that's what I would want answered.  

Both O'Dea and Ajer were treated twice for a fair bit of time. Also at least 2 other Dundee players got treated on the pitch in the2nd half. 

15 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Just puzzled you picked out me :wacko: as I agree that barring us winning the 2H2Hs Hamilton are out of our reach, I predict roughhouse tactics & time wasting from the KO, although that's pretty much been their MO since Billy Reid took over a dozen or so years ago so no change there - the question is whether we're ready to match them in the coming two fixtures?

For me the question on whether Brian Rice is a tactical genius or Canning's sacking focused the Hamilton players and gave them back their mojo is still open to debate although that will be academical (sic) to us if we go down.

Again wasn't picking you, or anyone out, just beeding. If sacking an underperforming manager is the catalyst for focusing players minds and restoring their mojo then by rights we should have been in the top six by last christmas!

21 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

I think they might just find out next time that we a now far better equipped to deal with a bit of roughhouse tactics, not to mention dish out some of our own.