where will Saints Finish in the League?

3 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Where did all the extra time come from if I was a Dundee that's what I would want answered.  

Thought ALL referees were under instructions to play until the old firm scored or they got a chance to award them a penalty.  B)  surely?

49 minutes ago, jaybee said:

Thought ALL referees were under instructions to play until the old firm scored or they got a chance to award them a penalty.  B)  surely?

To be strictly accurate this is a NEW Firm as the Old one ceased to exist with the demise of the old dead bigot club.  :ph34r:  surely?

4 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Where did all the extra time come from if I was a Dundee that's what I would want answered.  

Was it only Celtic that got 6 stoppage time minutes to find a winning goal ?

I thought Dundee also had those minutes. Based on their manager's post-match comments it was only Celtic.

How does that work ?

1 hour ago, antrin said:
2 hours ago, jaybee said:

To be strictly accurate this is a NEW Firm as the Old one ceased to exist with the demise of the old dead bigot club.  :ph34r:  surely?

Nevertheless; the same principle seems to apply,  B)

2 hours ago, jaybee said:

In this instance, for obvious reasons, I'm delighted they scored.

As to your point. Maybe but the time was stipulated at the end of the game so the ref didn't keep going till they scored. They scored in the allotted time. Whether the ref would have continued past that signalled 6 minutes if  they hadn't is a matter for speculation.

3 hours ago, stlucifer said:

In this instance, for obvious reasons, I'm delighted they scored.

As to your point. Maybe but the time was stipulated at the end of the game so the ref didn't keep going till they scored. They scored in the allotted time. Whether the ref would have continued past that signalled 6 minutes if  they hadn't is a matter for speculation.

Close; though it may be to what sometimes seens to be happening, it nevertheless was offered 'slightly' tongue in cheek.  And yes me too, I honestly cannot EVER remember being glad Ceeltic scored previously.  :D

16 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Was it only Celtic that got 6 stoppage time minutes to find a winning goal ?

I thought Dundee also had those minutes. Based on their manager's post-match comments it was only Celtic.

How does that work ?

Bit like us at Parkhead the cup what was it 9min or something. Anyway it gave Celtic plenty time to grab the equaliser then to come to Love Street to knock us out the cup. 

25 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Am i right in thinking post split we will get two home, and three away ties? Looks like we will have played 17 home and 16 away before the split.

It’s the likely event, but bizarrely it isn’t guaranteed to work that way.

ETA

I think I’m talking bollocks. It is guaranteed that you play the same number of home and away games. I think what I was thinking about is that just because you might have played a team twice at home already, it doesn’t mean you won’t be playing them at home again after the split.

Obvs knowing our luck though, that would only happen in the away sense.

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

Ok so I guess we are looking at maybe

Well

Fakes

Livi

Accies

Dundee

By that logic we should have in a Fair world- Accies H, Dundee A, Well A, Livi A Fakes H , so that would balance it. But this is the League Mentors we are talking about, so we will probably get shafted 

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

Ok so I guess we are looking at maybe

Well

Fakes

Livi

Accies

Dundee

By that logic we should have in a Fair world- Accies H, Dundee A, Well A, Livi A Fakes H , so that would balance it. But this is the League Mentors we are talking about, so we will probably get shafted 

You logic is more than reasonable - but the above is not easy anyway - can they make it much harder and us still having 2 home fixtures?

Anyway, we could beat everyone of these teams on our day - the issues is how on our day we will be!

The toughest one is Well (Home or Away) but as Hibs showed at the weekend, keep Turnbull and Hastie quiet and a lot of their power is negated!

13 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

You logic is more than reasonable - but the above is not easy anyway - can they make it much harder and us still having 2 home fixtures?

Anyway, we could beat everyone of these teams on our day - the issues is how on our day we will be!

The toughest one is Well (Home or Away) but as Hibs showed at the weekend, keep Turnbull and Hastie quiet and a lot of their power is negated!

Trouble is mate- We are NOT Hibs :P

• 2 weeks later...

Previous 6 games at the time I posted last  :-

Interesting looking at current form over the last 6 matches for each Premiership Team.

Team              RESULTS                      Points

Ham                L D W L L W                    7

Saints              L L L D D W                     5

Dee                  L D D W L L                     5

Livi                   L L D L W L                      4

Kille                  D L D L L D                     3

Fakes               L L L D L L                       1

As of today -

Interesting looking at current form over the last 6 matches for each Premiership Team.

Killie                 L L D W D W                  8

Saints              D D W  L L  W                8

Livi                   L W L W D L                    7

Ham                L L W L W  L                   6

Fakes               D  L L L W L                    4

Dee                  W L L L L L                      3

Dee 5 defeats in a row - they take 1 point or less in the next 2 and they are really in trouble especially if we beat the Hammers next week. 

Think this lift mentally should set us up for that game, so long as we do not get real a battering in midweek.. Hope Livi gain a win too and if the Hammers get a few sent off, I would not be upset either.

27 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Previous 6 games at the time I posted last  :-

Ham                L D W L L W                    7

Saints              L L L D D W                     5

Dee                  L D D W L L                     5

Livi                   L L D L W L                      4

Kille                  D L D L L D                     3

Fakes               L L L D L L                       1

As of today -

Killie                 L L D W D W                  8

Saints              D D W  L L  W                8

Livi                   L W L W D L                    7

Ham                L L W L W  L                   6

Fakes               D  L L L W L                    4

Dee                  W L L L L L                      3

Dee 5 defeats in a row - they take 1 point or less in the next 2 and they are really in trouble especially if we beat the Hammers next week. 

Think this lift mentally should set us up for that game, so long as we do not get real a battering in midweek.. Hope Livi gain a win too and if the Hammers get a few sent off, I would not be upset either.

We made a mistake not appointing McIntyre apparently...

9 minutes ago, ford prefect said:

We made a mistake not appointing McIntyre apparently...

And what about sacking Oran as he has no management ability for this level !!  :lol:

Miracle turn around in our squad, On current form over the last 6 games we are a top 6 Premiership side. ! 

Hope it is more of the same for the remaining matches . . .  :turtle

17 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

And what about sacking Oran as he has no management ability for this level !!  :lol:

Miracle turn around in our squad, On current form over the last 6 games we are a top 6 Premiership side. ! 

Hope it is more of the same for the remaining matches . . .  :turtle

Hopefully Oran turns out to be as big a mistake as appointing Danny Lennon or Jack Ross