where will Saints Finish in the League?

So over our LAST 8 league games, now that we have players who replaced Stubbzo's DUDS and are up to speed here are the facts :-

A few who left were signed by Jack Ross. Shame that you want to label Championship winners as duds.

Good to see that you also now realised it takes a number of games to get up to speed after your shameful campaign to sack the previous manager within the FIRST 4 games of the season.

You are truly the most negative poster on this forum.

Hang your head and those of your alias’ in shame!

[emoji1]

1 hour ago, Wendy Saintss said:

A few who left were signed by Jack Ross. Shame that you want to label Championship winners as duds.

Good to see that you also now realised it takes a number of games to get up to speed after your shameful campaign to sack the previous manager within the FIRST 4 games of the season.

You are truly the most negative poster on this forum.

Hang your head and those of your alias’ in shame!

emoji1.png

That’s as maybe, but I’ll bet he knows the difference between aliases and alias’.

Thats horrific. 

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Two cheeks of the same arse really. If you feel the need to mock, you've bitten!

see you've given up any debate of the subject in hand now. Can we assume you dont see much difference between us and Dundee now? Its almost like a different season, or new mini league. Forget whats gone before, it doesnt matter at jot. Oran can ensure he's in the job next season by staying up any way he can. But..! He's not alone.

You’re going to need to point out to me where I said there was much difference between us and Dundee??

All I’ve done is mock your ridiculous notion that Dundee are suddenly going to start winning loads of games. 

5 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

You're a day late! Yesteday was meltdown monday.

still you are at least having a stab at this debating lark. I dont believe Dundee have been better than us, and i know given there is only 3 points in it, we have been no better than them. So either team, I believe COULD get the play off spot.

we could lose all five games, and Dundee win one and lose the rest and we are in the play offs. What i fear is Dundee winning on Saturday, and us losing. Then i believe it would go down to the final game at theirs to decide who falls through the trap door, and who meets Dun Utd in a play off.

Hamilton, I think will play the 'dont lose' game and pull a bit further away. Saturday will tell us who is on it, but not who will survive.

Please EXPLAIN this to me ? There only are 5 Games to go for each team  - pre-play-offs - so if we lose all 5 and Dundee win one and lose the rest - how will it go down to the final game? All 5 will have been played?

Secondly given that they are 3 points and 6 goals worse off than us - but only winning 1 game - you must be assuming that either they win that game by 6 or more goals OR lose far less heavily in the other 4 than we do in all 5 to make up the goal difference too...  Isn't that quite an assumption and indeed the very worse case scenario?

However, if you mean we lose 4 and they win 1 and lose 3, then play us - the chances are a draw will be still good enough for us because of the goal difference.

I don't think you have grasped the magnitude of the task Dundee face - on the back of SEVEN straight defeats, while we have taken 7 points over that same period...

We win on Saturday and they don't, there is virtually no chance that they will finish anything other than 12th. Equally unlikely is that we would lose all 5 of our final games.. 

We will win at least 2 games (Minimum) - that means Dee have to win 3 plus and get 1 draw (i.e. 10 points - They will need 9 points plus the goal difference to overcome).

Saturday won't decide our fate but it really might decide theirs...  :bounce2

Edited by Sweeper07

I don't give the taxi driver the thrill of getting a response to his imbecilic drivel - but I will respond to the points he raises this one time for the entertainment of others . . .

His content -   1. A few who left were signed by Jack Ross. Shame that you want to label Championship winners as duds.

2. Good to see that you also now realised it takes a number of games to get up to speed after your shameful campaign to sack the previous manager within the FIRST 4 games of the season. 3.You are truly the most negative poster on this forum. 4. Hang your head and those of your alias’ in shame!

My response :- 1. They were, but they were mainly signed when we were trying to win the Championship AND not good enough for the Premiership. Goal scoring hero's like Smith are back in the Championship struggling for 1st team action and proved to be not good enough in this league. AND I never mentioned any JR players - I clearly stated Stubb's duds - only a fool would think almost all he signed were anything other than this.

2. He was our manager for NINE games not FOUR and had he been given more time or money the BOD would have completely failed and we would not have any chance of staying up. Who else has offered him a management job since? How did he fair at Rotherham before us because history repeated itself? Don't you remember how clueless he was and the pictures of him with his head in his hands week after week?

3. This is rich coming from someone who is in the sin bin but still plays the main forum for the self same attention seeking he so craves....

4. A classic of yours - projection of the truth upon others . . . go get some help and get something worthwhile out of life...before it is too late...   :bounce2  

16 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Two cheeks of the same arse really. If you feel the need to mock, you've bitten!

see you've given up any debate of the subject in hand now. Can we assume you 3. dont see much difference between us and Dundee now? Its almost like a different season, or new mini league. 1. Forget whats gone before, it doesnt matter at jot. 2. Oran can ensure he's in the job next season by staying up any way he can. But..! He's not alone

1. Great. so now we can forget what's gone before - but a few posts ago you were quoting Livi's far superior goals against stat over the entire season rather than their very similar goals against form over the previous 8 league games before going into this weekend. Now its a new mini league and everything that has gone before DOESN'T matter...

2. Both Oran and McIntyre have been told that they will be in the same posts for next season - whether they actually will or won't be who knows?

3. I know you asked this of TPA, but you clearly have not grasped the magnitude of the task Dee are facing. There are 3 points and 6 goals worse off than us. So they need to win 4 points more than us in 5 games, starting with them facing the Fakes while we face Livi. By the end of Saturday's matches, they could be practically guaranteed 12th place, even though there would still be 4 games left...   :bounce2

I don't give the taxi driver the thrill of getting a response to his imbecilic drivel - but I will respond to the points he raises this one time for the entertainment of others . . . His content -   1. A few who left were signed by Jack Ross. Shame that you want to label Championship winners as duds. 2. Good to see that you also now realised it takes a number of games to get up to speed after your shameful campaign to sack the previous manager within the FIRST 4 games of the season. 3.You are truly the most negative poster on this forum. 4. Hang your head and those of your alias’ in shame!

My response :- 1. They were, but they were mainly signed when we were trying to win the Championship AND not good enough for the Premiership. Goal scoring hero's like Smith are back in the Championship struggling for 1st team action and proved to be not good enough in this league. AND I never mentioned any JR players - I clearly stated Stubb's duds - only a fool would think almost all he signed were anything other than this.

2. He was our manager for NINE games not FOUR and had he been given more time or money the BOD would have completely failed and we would not have any chance of staying up. Who else has offered him a management job since? How did he fair at Rotherham before us because history repeated itself? Don't you remember how clueless he was and the pictures of him with his head in his hands week after week?

3. This is rich coming from someone who is in the sin bin but still plays the main forum for the self same attention seeking he so craves....

4. A classic of yours - projection of the truth upon others . . . go get some help and get something worthwhile out of life...before it is too late...   default_boldred.gif  

Going through the points of your imbecilic rant

1. All completely irrelevant to my point.... and your original point!

8 of the regulars in the Livi side were also regulars when they were in League One!

The fact that you never mentioned JR’s signings is one of my points you fool! [emoji23]

I never commented on Stubbs’ signings, nor the quality of them!

You went into meltdown when there was talk of Stubbs getting rid of Cammy Smith. Now you say he wasn’t good enough!

You haven’t actually got a clue, have you? [emoji23]

2. Upping it to NINE games doesn’t help your point.... particularly as we qualified from our League Cup section in those 5 other games!

3. I’m not in the sin bin, nor do I make negative posts about the team, the manager of the club. I leave that to negative clowns like yourself!

4. You are one of life’s losers, a brainless clown who knows nothing about football!

“ for the entertainment of others” ?

Your unintentional comedy posts certainly provide that! [emoji23]

Now get back to driving your taxi!

Who is Uncle Colm actually replying to ? 

He seems to think that there are six people and they are all Taxi Drivers. 

Or does he really believe that there is just one person with multiple aliases. 

Anyway, he likes the attention with his red words and mental emoticons. 

Still boring though. 

I think he thinks I’m you and you are me.

Does that mean then that I’m me and you’re you or vice versa? [emoji1]

You ain't worth the effort an your lies don't stack up - but keep giving your aliases likes to agree with your imbecilic tripe... you ain't getting much attention from anybody else . . .  

You liked Stubbs ha ha, and I did not rate Smith for this league, but thought he played his part in our title winning season - I consistently said so . . .  :bounce2     :toilet     :moony2   :hammer

Anyway flood the forum with more tripe - it is what you do well.   :fire2

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 5:03 PM, Lord Pityme said:

Thats Hamilton away now. Us or Dundee for automatic relegation.      OOPS 2 points ahead ARE THEY STILL AWAY and are Dee gone or are we still in trouble?

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 8:11 PM, Lord Pityme said:

We are 3 wins behind Hamilton. . Its a two horse race to the bottom now. We are TWO points behind Hamilton = ONE win - 

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 10:10 PM, gstretchuk said:

Totally agree..will be at least 5-7 points adrift at bottom of season...brought in loads new players but Lyons, Dreyer, Nazon, Jackson, Tansey, Mcginn all remain not good enough...  Looking like we are well clear of bottom club Dee with 4 games left AND 4 of those you listed proved better than what Livi had to offer today

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 9:07 AM, Lord Pityme said:

Where in the world did Accies get that manager who has turned them round in a handful of games? Jeez its not even "His" team...lol  Rice brought in players that loads of knicker wetters on here were afraid off - has he turned it around? - watch as we pass them very soon, just as I predicted a long while ago !

On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 10:01 AM, Lord Pityme said:

I could see Well and Fakes players with their heads already gone, mm the Fakes won and Well managed a draw - how does that fit your theory. soaking up cheap plonk and women in Magaluf. I dont think Livi will be like that, I think we will get as hard and difficult a game from them as ever. 

I fear Dundee just deciding to completely re-boot  - has you fear subsided yet after their 8th straight defeat scoring 1 goal in all those games?, erase their piss poor season, and go out and get a win, and then another. However we struggle to put two results together, and Livi certainly dont. Oh look Livi get 2 defeats in a row and we follow a draw with a win

P.s. Oh aye, almost forgot. We are St Mirren, its never the easy route!,

edit: FYI only the top three clubs in the league have conceded less than Livi..! Well they conceded 3 times more goals than us today ...

On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 11:40 AM, Lord Pityme said:

Livi have conceded less goals than all but celtic, Rangers & killie. They have conceded a third less than fakes & well. They also have double the draws and a third less losses than fakes and well, proving they are hard for anyone to beat. Happy with that? Happy that they were not too hard for us to beat today - you surprised OR is your excuse that they got Halkett sent off and that is the entire reason why? Oh eye and Mullen and Jackson got goals - you don't rate either of them . . .  :happyclapper

On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 3:40 PM, Lord Pityme said:

Just checking... did you know Livi Have conceded half the goals we have, and have double the points we have..? I did challenge the relevance of this ,citing the change since the January transfer window - but you insisted that this was not relevant - it was the entire season that was more relevant Care to correct that ya nugget? Who the Gold star tumshie now as usual (its Rhetorical just in case)   :boxing   

I had a few to drink at hospitality - but a very valuable win today.

33 minutes ago, munoz said:

Negative will negative. Fans will hope.

I have to be honest, I just don't understand the instinct to fall apart when things get difficult.

There are people on here who mentally dissolved in July of this season and didn't recover 🙄.

How does a person end up being like that?

I'd be genuinely interested in knowing.

10 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I have to be honest, I just don't understand the instinct to fall apart when things get difficult.

There are people on here who mentally dissolved in July of this season and didn't recover 🙄.

How does a person end up being like that?

I'd be genuinely interested in knowing.

Scared of a non negative that is difficult to compute? Outwith that , I struggle. 

Current form update over the last 6 matches :-

Team               RESULTS                      Points

Fakes               W L W  L W D               10

Saints                L W L D W D                8

Well                  L W L L D W                 7

Livi                   D L W D L  D                6

Ham                  W L L D D  D                6

Dee                   L  L L  L  L  L                0

We are 2nd best in the bottom 6 - a win next week could make us best...  :ninja

Out of the bottom three, on current form i'd say we are the only ones capable of winning the last three games. I do believe though that Hamilton will win at least one. And there lies our biggest threat to avoiding the play offs. 
Yes against us.

I know I showed current form over the last 6 games a few posts above, but it is interesting that over the last 5 games :-

We have taken  8 points

Hamilton have take 3 points 

Dee have take 0 points

So hoping the Dee Hamilton game gives them both 1 point OR Dee get a desperate last chance surprise win . .  we need a win too !

• 3 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, shetland said:

He puts the Forum in a trance. 

Zzzzzzzweeper07 

:snore

I've said this to my 3 year old grandson and he heeded but I'm doubtful someone with a lesser IQ might listen, but, here goes:

You do know that constantly repeating something doesn't make it funny?

14 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

I've said this to my 3 year old grandson and he heeded but I'm doubtful someone with a lesser IQ might listen, but, here goes:

You do know that constantly repeating something doesn't make it funny?

It is his level of intellect - but he will have to look up the meaning of that word for sure . . . :cheers