where will Saints Finish in the League?

On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 6:23 PM, ford prefect said:

Hopefully Oran turns out to be as big a mistake as appointing Danny Lennon or Jack Ross

OR an even bigger "mistake" than either, and takes us to top 6, cup winners and a number of ventures into Europe !   :cheers

1 hour ago, Mykey said:
13 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:
OR an even bigger "mistake" than either, and takes us to top 6, cup winners and a number of ventures into Europe !   :cheers

Right Tony, that's plenty.

Based on our last 6 fixtures - current form tables, we are already top 6 right now. If we sign anther 3 guys as good as Hladky, Popescu and Muzek, we will be even better.

The squad right now is so much better and is I believe going to keep us up. Next season we need to kick on. There is no standing still from where we are right now. . .

40 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Based on our last 6 fixtures - current form tables, we are already top 6 right now. If we sign anther 3 guys as good as Hladky, Popescu and Muzek, we will be even better.

The squad right now is so much better and is I believe going to keep us up. Next season we need to kick on. There is no standing still from where we are right now. . .

If we stay up I will be surprised if we can hold on to Popescu clearly he wants to move onto bigger things. Then there is the rumour of £150,000 fee. Would love to see us keep him would we pay that kind of fee. 

4 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

If we stay up I will be surprised if we can hold on to Popescu clearly he wants to move onto bigger things. Then there is the rumour of £150,000 fee. Would love to see us keep him would we pay that kind of fee. 

At this moment Dee favourites to go down, Hamilton and us could go either way, but either ought to be better than runner up in the Championship play-offs.

The fee is less, the package though, wages etc are within our reach WHEN we stay up - it is a no brainer and He is claiming to want to stay... The Heaton money was dissolved the second he signed, this money is a very potent investment, playing wise and sell on, so long as the contract length is more than 2 years ...

Remember too, big tv money coming in soon . . . we need to be at the table, and we are in better shape than our 2 rivals (IN my opinion)

Dundee for me have this game tonight to get momentum- they lose this they will def lose to Dons ............ that happens thats 7 straight losses going into split

My concern is our appalling record v Accies- why we struggle so much is beyond me. Maybe it because we play them on the back foot. Any team that play them on front foot tends to thrash them. Including Dundees 4-0, and 2-0 victories against them................. we play same format as we did against Dundee we should win.

Whatever happens tonight the players have to show discipline, last ting we need is any suspensions .............................

19 hours ago, DougJamie said:

My concern is our appalling record v Accies- why we struggle so much is beyond me. Maybe it because we play them on the back foot. Any team that play them on front foot tends to thrash them. Including Dundees 4-0, and 2-0 victories against them................. we play same format as we did against Dundee we should win.

Whatever happens tonight the players have to show discipline, last ting we need is any suspensions .............................        

We're a more physical team now than before the January break - we matched Livi last month and went on to win the game with a last minute winner. I'm not saying the two games against Hamilton will be easy but I don't think they run over us like before.

On 4/3/2019 at 10:27 AM, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

When did u speak to him?

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 4:20 PM, DougJamie said:

Dundee for me have this game tonight to get momentum- they lose this they will def lose to Dons ............ that happens thats 7 straight losses going into split

We lost to them with a completely different set of players except a few 1st choice  guys like the McGinns and Baird and 1 or 2 others (Cooke , MacPherson etc.)

Hamilton were woeful in recent matches - worst for goals scored and worst defence in the league.

So as long as we know it will be tough physically and that we have far better players and a far better team, we must go for the jugular, start to finish.

Absolutely bang on though with your comment highlighted above . . .  :cheers

• 2 weeks later...

This weekend the big split begins. 5 games each.

Hamilton's advantage over us is 4 points and      -11 goals           on 25 points currently

St. Mirren                                                                                                    on 21 points currently

Dundee              are behind us by 3 points and       -6 goals           on 18 points currently

Round one could take us closer to Hamilton and further away from Dee (ideal scenario)    OR

Let's not think about the OR . . .   We need to focus one game at a time and do what we can.

Let the others trip up when they will - closing the gap to Hamilton is the 1st target.

Not looking like Magennis is going to be fit for 90 minutes though . . .

Getting off to a winning start in the post split games would bring a massive boost and momentum to our remaining fixtures.  I very much doubt the 3 teams down at the bottom will get wins this Saturday,  so its important we do. 

49 minutes ago, munoz said:

Getting off to a winning start in the post split games would bring a massive boost and momentum to our remaining fixtures.  I very much doubt the 3 teams down at the bottom will get wins this Saturday,  so its important we do. 

We are one of the three teams mate :whistle

1 hour ago, munoz said:

We are  all hoping for this. We beat Livi last time, so a repeat would be excellent. Especially if Hamilton get 0 points.

Hamilton have Well so that one is a local derby - though Well are probably the best team in the bottom 6; Well really should win this to strengthen their place as top of the bottom half.

Dee have the Fakes. They are seasoned campaigners in this league and don't give too much away, but are not exactly scoring for fun either. Could be tight but Dee are not great defensively either. If 7 straight defeats becomes 8 and they have Well the following week, then they are as good as gone... :cheers

Ideal would be excellent . . . 

Often post split games will have a different dynamic to what has gone on before - only three teams have anything significant to play for.

Livingston for me are now a bit of a wildcard, safe and with their better performers being cherrypicked - will they as a team be able to continue with the wild bunch attitude that has served them so well up until now?

We have gelled over the last 6/7 games and are more solid at the back but lack a natural goalscorer.

My one worry is Nelson at Dundee who seems to have the potential for a hot streak - I certainly want the final game against Dundee to be a dead one.

Edited by Bud the Baker

22 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Often post split games will have a different dynamic to what has gone on before - only three teams have anything significant to play for.

Livingston for me are now a bit of a wildcard, safe and with their better performers being cherrypicked - will they as a team be able to continue with the wild bunch attitude that has served them so well up until now?

We have gelled over the last 6/7 games and are more solid at the back but lack a natural goalscorer?

My one worry is Nelson at Dundee who seems to have the potential for a hot streak - I certainly want the final game against Dundee to be a dead one.

I could see Well and Fakes players with their heads already gone, soaking up cheap plonk and women in Magaluf. I dont think Livi will be like that, I think we will get as hard and difficult a game from them as ever. They, like us are still the newbies in this league, out to prove, or try and prove themselves.

its massive to get off to a flyer in these games. Points for on the board put untold pressure on your survival rivals! The team or teams in the bottom three that can get a win on Saturday will lift themselves massively in confidence and belief. I tell you now before a ball is kicked i would take a play off spot and a chance to stay up!

I fear Dundee just deciding to completely re-boot, erase their piss poor season, and go out and get a win, and then another. I can see a scenario where we need a win at Dens to get the play off spot. Would love to be hugely wrong, and if we win Saturday thats something that can change that dynamic. However we struggle to put two results together, and Livi certainly dont.

we dont want to be level on points with Dundee come ten to five on Saturday. If we are then theres going to be a lot of bums munching through seats in the last four games. 

P.s. Oh aye, almost forgot. We are St Mirren, its never the easy route!,

edit: FYI only the top three clubs in the league have conceded less than Livi..!

Edited by Lord Pityme

11 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Different opinion - I'm tempted to go the full Baz85 onya over this! :boxing

Hope you're right to throw a Baz-Baw, and I'm wrong. I can just see Well & Fakes being the games the bottom three pick up the most points from. Wish we had one of either first up.

edit: i can see well & fakes resting injuries, trying out fringe players etc. Livi dont have a big squad to tinker with, and i doubt they give a shit if the pre contract pair get injured now seeing as their offski. #hope&fear

Edited by Lord Pityme

12 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

I could see Well and Fakes players with their heads already gone, soaking up cheap plonk and women in Magaluf. I dont think Livi will be like that, I think we will get as hard and difficult a game from them as ever. They, like us are still the newbies in this league, out to prove, or try and prove themselves.

LPM, once again you display a total lack of knowledge how football players work...............

Its coming to the end of the season Fakes and Well will have one objective and that is to finish 7th, its more money to start, and its also showing the gaffer who wants a new contract or who wants to attract interest from higher clubs......................

BUT- you think Livi are different from Well and Fakes- its serious negativity- maybe you and Elvis are the same person ?

LIVI- Have proofed themselves , way and beyond . They had one objective and they have blasted it, you could argue Fakes and Well have underachieved

So- it all comes down to who plays the best- the desire is there for all teams- unless its the last game of the season and its all done and dusted........ ie St Mirren 0 Celtic 5 and Accies 10 Ton 2 :wink:  

1 minute ago, DougJamie said:

LPM, once again you display a total lack of knowledge how football players work...............

Its coming to the end of the season Fakes and Well will have one objective and that is to finish 7th, its more money to start, and its also showing the gaffer who wants a new contract or who wants to attract interest from higher clubs......................

BUT- you think Livi are different from Well and Fakes- its serious negativity- maybe you and Elvis are the same person ?

LIVI- Have proofed themselves , way and beyond . They had one objective and they have blasted it, you could argue Fakes and Well have underachieved

So- it all comes down to who plays the best- the desire is there for all teams- unless its the last game of the season and its all done and dusted........ ie St Mirren 0 Celtic 5 and Accies 10 Ton 2 :wink:  

Yeah you quote that first line a lot, but you never seem able to cite it being correct. Having an opinion on ther teams is not negative jobby breath, its what people who actually know about football and checking out competitors do. BTW i see you are a big LIVI fan... are you Elvis?

7 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Yeah you quote that first line a lot, but you never seem able to cite it being correct. Having an opinion on ther teams is not negative jobby breath, its what people who actually know about football and checking out competitors do. BTW i see you are a big LIVI fan... are you Elvis?

As I am not a junkie I dont support Livi- so wrong again..........

So based on below, how do you work out that Livi will try but Well and Fakes wont ....... last time I looked I saw this

7   St Johnstone 33 13 5 15 32 44 -12 44
8   Motherwell 33 13 4 16 37 47 -10 43
9   Livingston 33 11 9 13 35 33 2 42

Do you think Well or Fakes want 9th ?

Not really an opinion is it just a half empty pishing of pants  as per

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

As I am not a junkie I dont support Livi- so wrong again..........

So based on below, how do you work out that Livi will try but Well and Fakes wont ....... last time I looked I saw this

7   St Johnstone 33 13 5 15 32 44 -12 44
8   Motherwell 33 13 4 16 37 47 -10 43
9   Livingston 33 11 9 13 35 33 2 42

Do you think Well or Fakes want 9th ?

Not really an opinion is it just a half empty pishing of pants  as per

Livi have conceded less goals than all but celtic, Rangers & killie. They have conceded a third less than fakes & well. They also have double the draws and a third less losses than fakes and well, proving they are hard for anyone to beat. Happy with that?

5 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Livi have conceded less goals than all but celtic, Rangers & killie. They have conceded a third less than fakes & well. They also have double the draws and a third less losses than fakes and well, proving they are hard for anyone to beat. Happy with that?

Doesnt really matter if I am happy . You will be telling me next Livi should win the fecking title......

Fact is - they have done really well no doubts, but ur talking up Livi whilst talking down Fakes and Well saying they are on the beech

Thats just a stupid naive comment with no substance apart for your usual trying be sensational drama queen crap.................

Two hardened Irish at the helm, if any Well or Fakes player is brave enough to turn off I would imagine its because they either want to be a taxi driver or have already secured another deal away form their clubs

5 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Doesnt really matter if I am happy . You will be telling me next Livi should win the fecking title......

Fact is - they have done really well no doubts, but ur talking up Livi whilst talking down Fakes and Well saying they are on the beech

Thats just a stupid naive comment with no substance apart for your usual trying be sensational drama queen crap.................

Two hardened Irish at the helm, if any Well or Fakes player is brave enough to turn off I would imagine its because they either want to be a taxi driver or have already secured another deal away form their clubs

If you go back to the firstpost i made on the subject you'll see its "My Opinion" if you disagree with it tough titties! I am sticking my tongue out at you as i type.

2 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

If you go back to the firstpost i made on the subject you'll see its "My Opinion" if you disagree with it tough titties! I am sticking my tongue out at you as i type.

Great- my point is your Opinion is stupid and negative but I guess your used that response on here over the years :P