Opposition January Signings

Sweeper07

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 7:17 PM, Hendo said:

My assessment of the window is that, initially, we cleared the decks, and were much more successful at doing that than our rivals. Our signings after that looked decent, and certainly better than our rivals. Since then, Dundee have upped their game, signed by all accounts a decent goalie and striker, while Accies have signed an old favourite in the hope it re-ignites them.

I reckon right now, Dundee are ahead of us in business done, with Accies lagging behind. I still think that the next week's business will be important in deciding who goes down - i expect after that Accies will still be lagging behind, as long as we can finish ahead of them I'd take that. Quite fancy the excitement of a play-off.

Not poking at what you said - I agreed with it previously, but the result tonight shows that Dee have their problems too.

QOS  3   v   0   Dee   -  we are a few days on from when you posted this and we have a few more bodies in too.

If we can get the next 2 signings over the line, I think we will do better than them and leave them to fight out relegation with Hamilton - really hope so!!!!

I don't think Hamilton have any budget left and they are relying on Andreu.    C O Y S

1 minute ago, Sweeper07 said:

Not poking at what you said - I agreed with it previously, but the result tonight shows that Dee have their problems too.

QOS  3   v   0   Dee   -  we are a few days on from when you posted this and we have a few more bodies in too.

If we can get the next 2 signings over the line, I think we will do better than them and leave them to fight out relegation with Hamilton - really hope so!!!!

I don't think Hamilton have any budget left and they are relying on Andreu.    C O Y S

Would agree it's looking better now, tonight Dundee had to play O'Dea in central midfield as theyd no-one else to play there. However, still two days to go, and then there will still be players available that have been released at the last minute by their clubs. Still time for things to change.

12 hours ago, Hendo said:

Would agree it's looking better now, tonight Dundee had to play O'Dea in central midfield as theyd no-one else to play there. However, still two days to go, and then there will still be players available that have been released at the last minute by their clubs. Still time for things to change.

I hear today Dee have sent back Kallman.   AND

Hamilton have offloaded 5 more players - 3 young lads plus  Rakish Bingham and Sam Kelly

Still don't think they will loads of cash to splash - you would have to think that Canning would go with some too?

Edited by Sweeper07

Hamilton have offloaded 5 more players - 3 young lads plus  Rakish Bingham and Sam Kelly
Still don't think they will loads of cash to splash - you would have to think that Canning would go with some too?
Where does Rakish play ? Recognise the name from radio commentary but know nothing about him.

31 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:
1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

Where does Rakish play ? Recognise the name from radio commentary but know nothing about him.

Used to play for Hamilton. :whistle

1 hour ago, turrabuddie said:
2 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

Think he was a striker

2 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

I’d have taken Bruce Anderson and Scott Wright.

Decent winger and a goal scorer

When I have saw Wright play I always think he has plenty to contribute. I thought he would have got more game time but then Aberdeen resigned McGinn

Anyhoo he is no comin tae us.

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 8:32 PM, Taylor Edgar said:
On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 8:20 PM, FTOF said:
If only it was Ryan Flynn.

Not so lucky george oakley from inverness

I rate him - great signing  but I hope not

Edited by Sweeper07

Who has done the best business and have Motherwell done the worst?

Dundee

In: Craig Curran, forward (Dundee United); Andrew Nelson, forward (Sunderland, undisclosed fee); Andrew Davies, defender (Hartlepool United). Loan: Scott Wright, forward (Aberdeen); Andreas Hadenius, midfielder (Halmstad); Seny Dieng, goalkeeper (Queens Park Rangers); Ryan McGowan, defender (Bradford City); Ethan Robson, defender (Sunderland); Andy Dales, midfielder (Scunthorpe United); James Horsfield, defender (Scunthorpe United).

Out: Glen Kamara, midfielder (Rangers, undisclosed); Adil Nabi, midfielder (OFI Crete); Marcus Haber, forward (Pacific); Lewis Spence, midfielder (Ross County); Sofien Moussa, forward; Roarie Deacon, midfielder; Kharl Madianga, midfielder; Jean Alassane Mendy, forward; Elton Ngwatala, midfielder; Grant Nelson, midfielder. Loan ended: Benjamin Kallman, forward (Inter Turku); Calvin Miller, defender (Celtic); Ryan Inniss, defender (Crystal Palace); Andy Boyle, defender (Preston North End), Ryan Inniss (Crystal Palace). Loan: Matty Henvey, forward (Cowdenbeath).

Hamilton

In: Brian Rice, head coach; George Oakley, forward (Inverness Caledonian Thistle, undisclosed); Steve Davies, forward (Blackpool). Loan: David McMillan, forward (St Johnstone); Tony Andreu, forward (Coventry City).

Out: Martin Canning, manager; Rakish Bingham, forward; Sam Kelly, midfielder; Alex Garcia, defender; Kieran Monlouis, midfielder; Adam Douglas, defender. Loan ended: Fredrik Brustad, forward (Molde); Mason Bloomfield (Norwich City). Loan: Jack Been, midfielder (Edinburgh City).

Motherwell

In: None permanent. Loan: Ross McCormack, forward (Aston Villa); Gboly Ariyibi, midfielder (Nottingham Forest).

Out: Gael Bigirimana, midfielder (Hibernian); Ryan Bowman, forward (Exeter City); Ross MacLean, midfielder (Falkirk). Loan: Aaron Taylor-Sinclair, defender (Crewe Alexandra); Barry Maguire, defender (Queen of the South); Broque Watson, midfielder (East Fife); George Newell, forward (Albion Rovers).

It is from here on in that we will see whose transfer business reaps the reward all 3 teams crave - sadly that is surviving in the Premiership

The other 2 are out of the cup - so at least we might have something else to change focus onto from time to time - if we get through any more rounds . . .  :spud1

A great start for us tonight would be the other 2 going down by at least 3 goals and we win.  :D

A decent start would be us taking a point and the other 2 going down by at least 3 goals.     :mellow:

Any other combination might be a bad start . . .    :spud7

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 2:39 PM, Sweeper07 said:

He scored a decent goal, but did not look a stand out from what I have seen in the highlights. Hearts were really poor and a wee bit unlucky a couple of times.

They never look as clinical without Naismith in their team.

Any who - Dee sign another player  James Horsfield (RB/M) from Scunthorpe - no idea if he is any good though?

That post didn't age well. Nelson looks a snip , a really good finisher , unlucky not to get a hat-trick last night.  Oakley looked a good 'un last night too , another we missed out on after Rice was allowed to leave. Looks like we plumped for the cheapo loans instead , and it's all going to backfire !

22 minutes ago, billyg said:

That post didn't age well. Nelson looks a snip , a really good finisher , unlucky not to get a hat-trick last night.  Oakley looked a good 'un last night too , another we missed out on after Rice was allowed to leave. Looks like we plumped for the cheapo loans instead , and it's all going to backfire !

Again, just because we were interested in a player does not guarantee we get them.  We have no idea if we made bids for either and, if we did, why they never signed?  As for Oakley, it appears a good buy but remember the Mike Conroy debut v Dunfermline when he scored and looked different class? After that he did nothing until moving down South.

48 minutes ago, billyg said:

On the face of it SO FAR these 2 look better than Nazon  - and may prove to be over the rest of the season - but it is still early days.

There are always players that teams miss out on - Popescu and Hladky look better than players our rivals signed . . .    :turtle

2 hours ago, nedflanders123 said:

Again, just because we were interested in a player does not guarantee we get them.  We have no idea if we made bids for either and, if we did, why they never signed?  As for Oakley, it appears a good buy but remember the Mike Conroy debut v Dunfermline when he scored and looked different class? After that he did nothing until moving down South.

I never mentioned Nelson as a signing target , although someone suggested that if JR really loves us , why did he not recommend him to us when he was offlloading , rather than one of our relegation rivals. Rice already confirmed he had scouted Oakley for us , before moving to Accies.  He who hesitates is lost !

5 hours ago, nedflanders123 said:

Where he went on to have a successful career down south