Opposition January Signings

Sweeper07

23 hours ago, Mid Calder Saint said:

Should Cammy Smith be punted my season ticket will be unused for the rest of the season.I have always been of the opinion that we were fortunate to have him at our beloved club.

Aye he's been on fire this season ! He looks out his depth, great championship player but doesn't have the pace or physicality for top league football. Squad man at best and we all acknowledge the squad is bloated.

14 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Didn't we nearly relegate them in 2007, the last time he played for them? 

Edit: Yes.... Yes we did. 

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/6645251.stm

13 hours ago, magnus said:

Hopefully a repeat on the cards.

We did not relegate Motherwell that season, nor did anyone else. They have been in the top league continuously since promotion in 1985 although did survive on a technicality in the 90s

Keep off the remains of the cooking sherry !

14 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Didn't we nearly relegate them in 2007, the last time he played for them? 

Edit: Yes.... Yes we did. 

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/6645251.stm

7 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

We did not relegate Motherwell that season, nor did anyone else. They have been in the top league continuously since promotion in 1985 although did survive on a technicality in the 90s

Keep off the remains of the cooking sherry !

There was a word in the original post that I have ever so subtly highlighted for you.

For the record, we beat them that day (2nd last game of the season) to jump above them. The only reason they didn't fall rock bottom and have a last day shootout on their hands was because of Dunfermline blowing a lead late on to lose up at Inverness which in fact kept both of us up.

I'll stay off the cooking sherry as long as you agree to improve your reading and comprehension skills. :) 

The point I was making is that the addition of Ross McCormack doesn't automatically exclude them from a relegation battle. He's been involved in one before with them.

Edited by djchapsticks

28 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

There was a word in the original post that I have ever so subtly highlighted for you.

For the record, we beat them that day (2nd last game of the season) to jump above them. The only reason they didn't fall rock bottom and have a last day shootout on their hands was because of Dunfermline blowing a lead late on to lose up at Inverness which in fact kept both of us up.

I'll stay off the cooking sherry as long as you agree to improve your reading and comprehension skills. :) 

The point I was making is that the addition of Ross McCormack doesn't automatically exclude them from a relegation battle. He's been involved in one before with them.

Apologies, I need to wear my specs and probably keep off the cooking sherry maself !!!

On 1/5/2019 at 12:45 PM, Mid Calder Saint said:

Should Cammy Smith be punted my season ticket will be unused for the rest of the season.I have always been of the opinion that we were fortunate to have him at our beloved club.

Oh oh. It’s happening, so will you actually follow through?

On 1/5/2019 at 12:45 PM, Mid Calder Saint said:

You can go and support Cammy Smith FC as soon as he forms that club... 

With all the panic from our fans - take a look at what is happening at our nearest rivals to this point.

Dundee

OUT  Adil Nabi, Andy Boyle, Calvin Miller, Lewis Spence, Jean Mendy, Marcus Haber,

TOLD to leave   - Kharl Madianga, Sofien Moussa and Elton Ngwatala

IN    Craig Curran,

Motherwell

OUT Ryan Bowman,  Ross McLean, Barrie MaGuire (under 18)

IN  Ross McCormack

Hamilton

OUT  Mason Bloomfield

IN

No one is streets ahead of us yet - actually Dee have to offload at least as many as us..

48 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

With all the panic from our fans - take a look at what is happening at our nearest rivals to this point.

Dundee

OUT  Adil Nabi, Andy Boyle, Calvin Miller, Lewis Spence, Jean Mendy, Marcus Haber,

IN    Craig Curran,

Motherwell

IN  Ross McCormack

Hamilton

OUT  Mason Bloomfield

IN

No one is streets ahead of us yet - actually Dee have to offload at least as many as us..

Good points............................................

3 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

Dundee

IN    Craig Curran,  

Read more at: https://www.eastwoodadvertiser.co.uk/sport/football/ex-chesterfield-winger-gboly-ariyibi-joins-motherwell-on-loan-1-9524199

Motherwell

IN  Ross McCormack, Gboly Ariyibi,

Hamilton

OUT  Mason Bloomfield

IN

Well sign a 23 year old winger - in purple above

Edited by Sweeper07
Now listed in the right team