Best Loanee X1 versus Worst Loanee X1

1 hour ago, scrappy coco said:

Late 70s, Funny that I remember McCulloch but cant remember McCaldon..

McCaldon was the guy we got from Livingston in 2001 for a few months  when Ludo got injured and scrimmy was throwing goals in. We tried to sign him permanently after about half a dozen games but Livingston wouldn't have it. 

He never went on to much of a career (mainly scraping about Scottish lower leagues) but then Billy O Brien, who was quite talented dropped out of football at a very young age as well. 

Edited by djchapsticks

Ellis Plummer, Adam Drury, Luke Conlan, Emmanuel Sonupe - All pish.
Paul Lawson and Craig Storie not great either.
Not a loan signing, but Nick Hegarty ex-Grimsby town left back was honking.
Sponsored Conlan when he signed - part of my plan to support and encourage young upcoming players. Happy memories
Had Hypolyte at the start of this season but club agreed to transfer that when he was sold. We picked Kpekawa...

Not including anyone currently at the club and including guys we later signed permanently, here goes.

Best
GK  - Ian McCaldon
CB - Scott Cuthbert
CB - Harry Davis
LB - Paul Dummett
RB - Liam Smith
CM - Charlie Adam
CM - Graham Carey (OK - left back but he's played most of rest of his career in centre mid)
LM - Lewis Morgan
RM - Paul McGowan
CF - Esmael Goncalves
CF - Barry Lavety
Subs - Cammy Smith, Franco Miranda, Stephen McPhee, Jure Travner, Rory Loy (second time around), Shankland (first time around), Connor Newton

Worst
GK - Scott Strang
CB - Ellis Plummer
CB - Gerhard Fellner
RB - Luke Conlon
LB - Jake Caprice
CM - Paul McHale
CM - Joe McKee
LM - Emmanuel Sonupe
RM - Chris Birchall
CF - Josh Magennis
CF - Nikolai Brock-Madsen

Subs - David Cornell, Craig Reid, Adam Drury, Stephane Bahoken, Ryan Hardie, Paul Lawson, Shankland (second time around)
Was Lavety a loan at some point ?
Bahoknen was certainly up there with the worst..

1 hour ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Sounds like Bahoken. Scored the winner for Toulouse against PSG last season.

He's also scored the winner against Monaco this season and was 4 minutes away from claiming the winner against Marseille 2 weeks ago before they equalised late on.

He's one that really, really should have worked out for us but it just appears he was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Paul Lawson is one I recall, a defensive midfielder from Celtic who played a few games for us in 2006/07 IIRC, he was OK but nothing special and went on to have a decent career at Bottom 6/Championship level.

The reason he sticks in my mind is a comment at the time by a Celtic fan at work "not good enough for us but he'll do a job for you". :angry:  

FTOF & their arrogant fans!

On 1/5/2019 at 7:45 PM, djchapsticks said:

That's me forgetting Billy O Brien as well. 

Hes replacing McCaldon in goals of the best XI who drops to the bench. Rory Loy drops out. 

I read somewhere that he quit football at 23 to join The Army.

Shame, he was decent, Sensible decision I suppose though.