January Arrivals

div

3 minutes ago, pod said:

Ucătorul will leave Dinamo from this winter and will evolve to St. Mirren by summer. Scots will have in June an option for the final purchase of the footballer. 
The Scottish group made a commitment to pay fundașului the salary of 4,000 euros by the summer. The two sides were understood at the verbal level, and the heads  "Dogs" now await the final response of the counterparts from St. Mirren.
 "It was a surprise for me this loan! It's going to be my first overseas adventure, and I hope to play it best. I'm sorry to leave Dinamo in the current situation, but I hope the team will climb much higher in the rankings.
I hope this loan will help me in terms of experience and get back to Dinamo and win trophies in the white-red T-shirt, "said Mihai Popescu for TV Telekom Sport.

His Team are 11th out of 14 and conceded 34 in 21 games - lets hope he was the star of their defence and will be in ours... fingers crossed, and toes and any other bits too

3 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Most Romanian journalists seem to be a bit shocked that it's happening to be fair given that he's a first team player and not performing too badly.

Sounds like this could be a really good bit of business done by the Club and of course , once again hats off to your grasp of Romanian. .:)

6 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

His Team are 11th out of 14 and conceded 34 in 21 games - lets hope he was the star of their defence and will be in ours... fingers crossed, and toes and any other bits too

To be fair, we're 11th of 12 and conceded 39 in 21.

Big Anton still strolls it, though. Hopefully Popescu is playing beside him rather than instead of him.

Edited by djchapsticks

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Just had a message through from Gus.... must be looking for the next Kenny Miller, Jermain Defoe or Andy Millen..?

Are you aged between 35 and 65 and would like to get back on the fitness trail? Now is your chance with the FREE life improving course Football Fans in Training! #BeFFIT
https://www.stmirren.com/news/community/community-news/2477-commit-to-get-ffit-in-2019

Ageism,  no room for over 65s!!

Worth noting, for all the knicker wetters, that the players that played the biggest part that season arrived later in the window. Better players tend to hold off making a decision until they know all the options.
Yup there were a lot of "We are preparing for league one football" type posts during January 2017.

However it should always be possible for a saints team to go on a good run in the championship. It's been a while since we saw one in premier.

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Mihai Popescu confirming to Romanian press that he's joining us.

https://www.gsp.ro/fotbal/liga-1/exclusiv-plecare-de-ultim-moment-de-la-dinamo-un-titular-semneaza-cu-o-echipa-din-scotia-prima-reactie-a-fotbalistului-556979.html

We are also covering his 4,000 Euro (hopefully a month) salary and have the option to purchase.

Didn't realise we were relocating to Russia; or is it a name change? 

Screenshot_20190108_192709.jpg

Edit. Also, welcome Greg Tansey!! 

Edited by dumbarton_bud

Also, can we all now put this ridiculous notion to bed that those in charge of the club are doing anything other than bursting their arses working to find us players to improve the squad and that by not signing everyone who flashes a bit of leg by the stroke of midnight on the bells, we are somehow missing out on untold quality?

One read at OK's piece in the Tansey article shows that he's someone they've been in touch with on several occasions, he's a player they've known they've wanted and it's simply been a waiting game to get their man. This is going to be the case time and time again this month.