January Arrivals

div

2 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

To repeat my earlier question, have we actually signed the Romanian guy? Folk are talking like we have, but I can’t see any official statement. 

Reports out of Romania from what look like a reliable journo and newspaper with interview suggest it has. Possibly either waiting on paperwork or anounnclng  a few on same day.

5 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

Reports out of Romania from what look like a reliable journo and newspaper with interview suggest it has. Possibly either waiting on paperwork or anounnclng  a few on same day.

Awaiting the outcome of the Brexit vote next week, so we know if he can stay beyond 29th march. 

5 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

OR we are holding off the registration to delay the start of his 4,000 euros a month wages...:bounce2  its nearly 134 euros a day....

3 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Awaiting the outcome of the Brexit vote next week, so we know if he can stay beyond 29th march. 

It’s alright, when that date comes Gus will lead the charge for Scottish independence, and come 30th March Scotland will be independent and back in the EU, meaning the Romanian guy can continue to play for us.

I’m sure this is the real reason we employed Gus.

3 hours ago, Chris said:

You have absolutely no idea how good the Romanian top flight is! Looking at the UEFA club coefficient, it would seem that Scotland (20th) is in fact way above Romania (29th)! Even the likes of Azerbaijan, Belarus and Kazakhstan are above Romania.  Sure, the coefficient is based largely on Celtic and Rangers' performances, and the rest of the clubs in the league are significantly weaker, but I'm pretty sure you'd struggle to name many Romanian teams outside Steaua, Rapid and Dynamo Bucharest!

There is every chance that the Romanian top flight is dross, and that a club struggling in the Romanian top flight is pretty pap. Let's hope this guy is decent, if he's still coming!

Take a chill pill Chris, it was just a wee short post (some of us have to work you know) of a potential new signing.  I know how sensitive one can get while living in the big smoke when Scottish football is being discussed as i lived there myself for 3 years. but lets not let stats get in the way of facts, Maybe i should have said Dynamo Bucharest traditionally play at a higher level than us. by that i meant regularly in Europe. And thats a fact whether you like it or not.  Granted Romanian league football is going through hard times and has suffered terribly financially in recent years mostly through corruption by dodgy club owners. quite a few of whom were sent to jail, and a number of clubs went to the wall and reemerged with a new names ( ring any bells)  and as a football nation with a population 4 times that of Scotland they will come again. 

Guest TPAFKATS
OR we are holding off the registration to delay the start of his 4,000 euros a month wages...:bounce2  its nearly 134 euros a day....
Is it 4000€ a month, a week or for the duration?

6 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
43 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Is it 4000€ a month, a week or for the duration?

Is this a trick question - come on you can read.  Yes 4,000 per month till the summer - then we have a purchase option

Guest TPAFKATS
Is this a trick question - come on you can read.  Yes 4,000 per month till the summer - then we have a purchase option

Yeah, I read your post. I've not read anything else though other than a translation yesterday which said we would pay 4000€. Didn't confirm time period though and while I don't know what footballers earn in Romania, 4000€ a month would be a huge wage compared to the average worker.

OK mentions in his interview that the management team are having a good laugh at our alleged signing targets that have been mentioned in the media. I'm beginning to suspect that this may be one of the ones that they are laughing most loudly at.

6 hours ago, pondsman said:

Tansey looks to be a good signing as long as he stays fit. Could put some bite into the midfield and, as others have said, help McGinn in there. Credit to OK and/or the others who have found him. Looking forward to more signings and seeing them gel into a team to get us up the league a bit. 

This

14 minutes ago, FTOF said:

OK mentions in his interview that the management team are having a good laugh at our alleged signing targets that have been mentioned in the media. I'm beginning to suspect that this may be one of the ones that they are laughing most loudly at.

I'd imagine more along the lines of  laughing at Charlie Adam and Ross McCormack being linked given that none of the Scottish press seem to have picked up on the Romanian guy. 

The Romanian lad seems to be very likely given that there are direct quotes from the player himself telling the press over there that it's happening. Might be a case that there isn't a flight direct from Glasgow to Bucharest every day so that's the reason he's not actually came over to sign yet? 

Just guesswork right enough. 

Edited by djchapsticks

4 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I'd imagine more along the lines of  laughing at Charlie Adam and Ross McCormack being linked given that none of the Scottish press seem to have picked up on the Romanian guy. 

The Romanian lad seems to be very likely given that there are direct quotes from the player himself telling the press over there that it's happening. Might be a case that there isn't a flight direct from Glasgow to Bucharest every day so that's the reason he's not actually came over to sign yet? 

Just guesswork right enough. 

there are flights every day direct and a number of other options - it is easy peasy to get here, but we have not bought the tickets yet to save more money each day he is not signed

Just now, Sweeper07 said:

I am having a bit of fun  - not sure if anyone else is though - think most folk want more signings in soon - at least 2 more by Friday, unless there are hitches

I know!  Looks like we are almost there with the exits.. At least of those who can go for "free" or "mutual consent" Maybe 1/2 more of those.  Others perhaps as bargained chips. Two arrivals per week inwards in January would be more than I expected/hoped.

2 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

I know!  Looks like we are almost there with the exits.. At least of those who can go for "free" or "mutual consent" Maybe 1/2 more of those.  Others perhaps as bargained chips. Two arrivals per week inwards in January would be more than I expected/hoped.

Still think we are looking at Eckersley, Mack, Cooke and Kellerman needing moved on.

I've actually lost count of how many we still have here but losing the above 4 would take us to something like 12 main players (13 if Anton stays) plus 4 kids. By that reckoning we could see another 4-5 still to come in.

5 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Still think we are looking at Eckersley, Mack, Cooke and Kellerman needing moved on.

I've actually lost count of how many we still have here but losing the above 4 would take us to something like 12 main players (13 if Anton stays) plus 4 kids. By that reckoning we could see another 4-5 still to come in.

How does one move on Mac before the window closes when not fit ? 

2 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

How does one move on Mac before the window closes when not fit ? 

We have a good reputation for supporting injured players.  Darren MacGregor comes to mind. 

Still think we might move out 2 more on free or mutually consented. 

Two more maybe in part exchange for others. 

That would take us to somewhere around 12 out. 

Add names as you see fit. 

Then 6 in.