January Arrivals

div

1 minute ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

4 goals...away to Aberdeen when we got gubbed 4-1, the 1-1 draw at Dundee, the winner at Motherwell and the goal against Killie.

I’m sure only one was a penalty, the goal against Dundee?

It’s not brilliant but he’s our joint top scorer (with Hammill), and he’s proven more reliable than Mullen, Smith or anyone else up top. With better support he will score more goals, hopefully we can find that support this month. Prolific strikers are hard to come by, the only players in our 9 year spell last time who could hit double figures in a season were John Sutton, Michael Higdon, Steven Thompson and I think Andy Dorman managed it too.

Jackson's goal against Killie was disallowed... Hammill got our goal that day

The New Regime will sort out the double figures problem though

1 minute ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

The Killie game that was our last match of 2018, which we lost 2-1

Yip, direct quote from bbc :-

Oran Kearney questioned Kilmarnock's winner and St Mirren's disallowed goal after his side succumbed to defeat.

Adam Hammill's free-kick gave the Buddies the lead but Alan Power's shot and Aaron Tshibola's header moved Killie up to third in the Premiership.

Simeon Jackson had a goal disallowed for offside at 2-1 and the Paisley side remain second bottom of the division.

7 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Yip, direct quote from bbc :-

Oran Kearney questioned Kilmarnock's winner and St Mirren's disallowed goal after his side succumbed to defeat.

Adam Hammill's free-kick gave the Buddies the lead but Alan Power's shot and Aaron Tshibola's header moved Killie up to third in the Premiership.

Simeon Jackson had a goal disallowed for offside at 2-1 and the Paisley side remain second bottom of the division.

2CF72A03-0CDC-4236-8383-D935D945FDCF.png

5 minutes ago, Langbank said:

That was the home game. He got our goal down there.

You are correct - so he has scored 4 goals in 14 Premiership matches this season with pretty poor supply, a lack of quality in the team etc

about 1 in 3 is not too bad if he could be the 2nd striker and the about to be 1st striker could hit 1 in every 2 matches - that would do fine I suspect.

14 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

You are correct - so he has scored 4 goals in 14 Premiership matches this season with pretty poor supply, a lack of quality in the team etc

about 1 in 3 is not too bad if he could be the 2nd striker and the about to be 1st striker could hit 1 in every 2 matches - that would do fine I suspect.

At the level we are at, a goal every three or so games is the best we'll get, if they are more prolific other bigger clubs will get them. 

Its clear Jackson needs a partner, once he does i think he'll do well for us.