January Arrivals

div

4 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

4-0 win against Celtic U23s in a bounce game today.

Both Malec and the other Eastern European lad we've got in to have a look at played up front and scored 2 apiece. Other lad is a natural winger who can also play up top.

Lyons was also highly impressive.

Quick!

Sign them!

The early signs of our transfer business, in and out is quite exciting. We are definitely going to have a different look to the team and the new players/trialists look interesting prospects. The overhaul is definitely in motion. Oran and the back room staff are not looking to paper over the cracks. Interesting times ahead.

51 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Both Malec and the other Eastern European lad we've got in to have a look at played up front and scored 2 apiece. Other lad is a natural winger who can also play up top.

NOT trying to be a party pooper by came across this  :-

Peter Lawwell watched from the directors box at Paisley today as a Celtic XI lost 4-0 to St Mirren.

Oran Kearney was able to field his first team who proved too strong for the young hoops who included Karamoko Dembele and Armstrong Oko-Flex.

With over 25 players in Dubai with Brendan Rodgers’ first team squad Tommy McIntyre was left with thin pickings which included a trialist defender.

The 1st report sounds great, the 2nd makes it sound like we were playing against boys.

2 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Peter Lawwell watched from the directors box at Paisley today as a Celtic XI lost 4-0 to St Mirren.

Oran Kearney was able to field his first team who proved too strong for the young hoops who included Karamoko Dembele and Armstrong Oko-Flex.

With over 25 players in Dubai with Brendan Rodgers’ first team squad Tommy McIntyre was left with thin pickings which included a trialist defender.

The 1st report sounds great, the 2nd makes it sound like we were playing against boys.

Sounds like excuses to me, in order placate the green bigot hordes that are crying into their Buckfast after such a hiding.:)

3 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

What? Remember Kara Dembele is the next wonderkid of world football and will soon be worth £30m. :lol:

4 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

We were playing against boys. It was their U23s.

However, how come they make mention of Celtic having to field a trialist, but it was our first team with 2 trialists in it?

Usual balanced reporting I see.

2 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

We were playing against boys. It was their U23s.

However, how come they make mention of Celtic having to field a trialist, but it was our first team with 2 trialists in it?

Usual balanced reporting I see.

I don't disagree   .  .  .   it is funny how to spin your excuses    BUT

Playing their under 23s is a lot different to playing their 1st team

IT was a bounce game and it let our new guys and trialist show what they could do the 1st time they were out together..

9 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

BBC say he has only played 4 1st team games in the last 4 years...

I am hoping the guy who was 1st choice was really really fab...

BBC are getting their stats from the ever reliable Wikipedia (who state the same) I see. :lol:

Slovan Liberec official website said he has played 31 league games in 3 seasons and a few European games as well. 15 out of 30 league games last season. 9 out of 18 this season. 

Edited by djchapsticks

IT was a bounce game and it let our new guys and trialist show what they could do the 1st time they were out together..
The original quote stated it was their U23s though. Either way it is good to get a look at these guys in action before Oran offers them a deal.......... take note Mr. Stubbs [emoji14]

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

16 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

I never hid that it was anything other than a team of young guys. 

Absolutely no spin on any part of my assessment. 

Guest TPAFKATS
Armstrong Oxo-Flex... holy f**k, imagine having to go through life lumbered with that moniker.
I'm sure there was a character with that name in a cartoon I used to watch on Glen Michael's Cavalcade.

46 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

BBC say he has only played 4 1st team games in the last 4 years...

I am hoping the guy who was 1st choice was really really fab...

A number of folk are making that mistake as the Wikipedia page with that info is wrong. The fact that the BBC have made that mistake, without checking other easily accessible sources, demonstrates the absolutely shocking standards of journalism there.

25 players isn't that many from Celtics point of view. It was their u23's so not massively surprising.