January Arrivals

div

3 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

It's worth considering who it is that is/has actually seen the new recruits play?

No one has seen Tansey play, and I wonder if anyone saw the foreign recruits in action?

What makes you say this LPM? The rationale given on signings since GM was appointed included the monitoring of players with OK seeing them before signing. 

16 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

It's worth considering who it is that is/has actually seen the new recruits play?

No one has seen Tansey play, and I wonder if anyone saw the foreign recruits in action?

The goalkeeper trained with us all week before signing.

Lyons trained with us Thurs & Friday.

The two Slovakian lads both trained and played in a bounce game yesterday.

I believe Gus has also been out to see players in Eastern Europe, as is his remit.

I don't think we're signing players blind.

There's never any guarantees though, particularly bringing players in from outside of Scotland. Every signing is a risk!

Apparently Gus travelled to these countries and went to the pub, rather than watching the players we were intending to sign.

He decided to recommend signing Hladsky after his tenth pint of Budvar whilst in a strip club in Wenceslas Square.

However in the real world that most of us live in...……………………………………………..

Maybe Stubbs should have tried this method. He might have signed better players than he did.

Overall the Czech league is a better standard than ours. No question!

You just have to look at the results of their teams in Europe compared to ours for proof. 

17/18 ........  3 teams in Europa Lge group stage (Plzen, Slavia & Zlin).........................Plzen made it to the knockout stage

18/19.......... 1 team in Champions Lge group stage (Plzen) who dropped into the Europa Lge KO stage.

2 teams in Europa Lge groups stage (Slavia & Jablonec).........Slavia qualified for the KO stage beating Zenit St Pburg 2-0 on the way.

I have no doubt Hladky will do well. Liberec are a strong team here.

I would say that it wouldn't be at bad thing to look at more guys from this league.

If you exclude the guys at Plzen, Slavia and Sparta. Most of the other teams players would be coming to Saints for a much higher salary.

I could easily put together a decent list of players I've seen over here that could do a great job for us and up their salary in the process.

Edited by Prague Buddie

16 minutes ago, div said:

The goalkeeper trained with us all week before signing.

Lyons trained with us Thurs & Friday.

The two Slovakian lads both trained and played in a bounce game yesterday.

I believe Gus has also been out to see players in Eastern Europe, as is his remit.

I don't think we're signing players blind.

There's never any guarantees though, particularly bringing players in from outside of Scotland. Every signing is a risk!

And an opportunity

Welcome to big thingmie

8 minutes ago, Prague Buddie said:

Overall the Czech league is a better standard than ours. No question!

You just have to look at the results of their teams in Europe compared to ours for proof. 

I have no doubt Hladky will do well.

I would say that it wouldn't be at bad thing to look at more guys from this league.

If you exclude the guys at Plzen, Slavia and Sparta. Most of the other teams players would be coming to Saints for a much higher salary.

I could easily put together a decent list of players I've seen over here that could do a great job for us and up their salary in the process.

Maybe you already have and that's why we're bring so many Czech and Slovakian lads over! :P 

5 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Are LPM,  Elvis and Whydowebother one and the same? 

Can’t be.

I can’t help but agree with elvis most of the time. He’s pessimistic but it doesn’t mean he wants us to fail.

LPM is in the Dickson field of turn any positive into a negative, while if most people find a negative he’ll defend it. This is where they differ, elvis is just glum because we are usually shite whereas LPM will see the majority view and go against it whatever the case.

WDWB is mainly known for the FFS response on your threads and I can’t see any connection.

5 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Can’t be.

I can’t help but agree with elvis most of the time. He’s pessimistic but it doesn’t mean he wants us to fail.

LPM is in the Dickson field of turn any positive into a negative, while if most people find a negative he’ll defend it. This is where they differ, elvis is just glum because we are usually shite whereas LPM will see the majority view and go against it whatever the case.

WDWB is mainly known for the FFS response on your threads and I can’t see any connection.

Well that makes things clearer. 

Elvis is pessimistic but ultimately wishes us well. 

LPM is merely cantankerous. 

wDWB is... Lost for words.