January Arrivals

div

As for Oran , poor guy fact is we will never really know if he's any good as he's now got far too many opinions IE Gus , Rice , Nichol etc etc . He should have appointed a new Skipper as his own man McGinn has far too much control and the club is riddled with Nepotism and he's past his sell by date . The signings that don't work out let's just blame Stubbs that takes the pressure off The Chairman who surely would have had to approve these signings . Stubbs was out of order with some of his comments but he probably wanted to get rid of the rotten apples but looked like he wanted to do it too soon . 
Hiya Alex.

58 minutes ago, div said:

Brad Lyons deal is done.

Not sure what the story is with the two Slovakians as apparently neither trained today.

Could be many reasons for that, wouldn't read too much into it, unless they've buggered off back home!

Are all the bikes at the training ground accounted for?

The Saltire is not owned by the Independence movement.

They can wave as much as they like but so can everybody else.

I have waved the , the Union Flag and the Irish Tricolour

Dinnae support Sevco2012 or Celtic though.

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

Loyal. The Forum will remain split on Stubbs and to some extent the chairman. He bought the club. A decent deal for him as it essentially means that he (or one of his businesses ) could park some cash for a few years before getting it back. I don't care if he wore a strip that was half Govan and half Parkham personally. I did give a friend of mine who was very anti independent a pair of Saltire Underpants and he assures me that he has worn them. He is still anti.

Don't think there is much of a split on Alan Stubbs.

Most fans acknowledge that he was an absolute car crash of an appointment. By the same token though I don't think many of us complained too loudly when he was given the job.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

On Gordon, I'd always expect the Chairman to get some flak from certain supporters, no matter what.

Stewart Gilmour took the club out of the clutches of a con man, got rid of all our debt, got us a brand new stadium and a training complex. We won the Championship twice, and we were in the top flight for over a decade, during which time we reached two national cup finals, winning one. We also reached two other national cup semi-finals.

And he STILL got hate!

25 minutes ago, div said:

Don't think there is much of a split on Alan Stubbs.

Most fans acknowledge that he was an absolute car crash of an appointment. By the same token though I don't think many of us complained too loudly when he was given the job.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

On Gordon, I'd always expect the Chairman to get some flak from certain supporters, no matter what.

Stewart Gilmour took the club out of the clutches of a con man, got rid of all our debt, got us a brand new stadium and a training complex. We won the Championship twice, and we were in the top flight for over a decade, during which time we reached two national cup finals, winning one. We also reached two other national cup semi-finals.

And he STILL got hate!

Got to agree on the Chairman. Past and Present as mentioned Div. One of my son's worked with a guy who was asked several times to buy Newcastle,  which he could have done without issue Financially. He didn't though (we know who did). His reasoning was simple. ."Why would I want the constant hassle that comes with it?" Well done to Gordon for parking some of his money here and moving us forward. 

2 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

So Lyons and Ferdinand tomorrow.

The front guys later in the week.

BUT no one is mentioning the top secret  Left Back . . . .  it is easier to get blood out of a stone than get any details on this one . . . . 

:exclaim

I can't remember Gus signing many left footed left backs when he was manager... what's David Barron up to these days?

4 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

I can't remember Gus signing many left footed left backs when he was manager... what's David Barron up to these days?

Hurlford Unitit might not be hard to deal with.

11 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

BUT no one is mentioning the top secret  Left Back . . . .  it is easier to get blood out of a stone than get any details on this one . . . . 

Don't think its so much top secret more that we've not actually made a move for one yet? 

Certainly haven't heard any rumours of one even though I expect we'll bring one in. 

The great Aberdeen and Dundee United sides of the early 80s operated quite well without left footed left backs, Rougvie and Malpas at left back.

Indeed, that great Dundee United side operated without any left footed players at all.

And of course, the 1987 Scottish Cup winners operated without a left footed left back!

In this day and age of inverted wingers, inverted full backs is the way to go anyway!

Update from Alan Wardrop tonight on his usual email about the 1877 club at the weekend;

Saints will be a much changed side with 3 players signed at the time of writing and another midfielder to be confirmed very soon.We have added Goalkeeper Vaclav Hladky,Centre Back Mihai Popescu and midfielder Gregg Tansey.

Eleven players have been moved on in the January window in both permanent and loan deals.

We hope to have a further 2 to 3 players coming in before the window closes with a striker high on the priority list.

2 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

Go on.. go.. on.. go. on