January Arrivals

div

No harm in setting your sights high (or dreaming as some call it)

9 minutes ago, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

Tony hopes to bring back Lewis on loan along with many more new arrivals.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/17357615.having-failed-to-secure-a-first-te

Has he still not been gagged. Wish Tony had been Brexit secretary.....we would have got a China plus plus

With a bit of back of the fag packet adding & subtracting and making allowances, at the time of writing we have only 12 fit first team squad members.

allowances being cant count MacKenzie, Magennis & Mullen as not fit, and assuming Kpwenka isnt getting near a jersey again (would Oran be tempted?). Add to this the persistent rumours that Flynn, Cooke, Ferdinand may, or may not be off too???

looks like even with a couple more in we will be naming youth players or even Kpwenka as subs this weekend?

3 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

With a bit of back of the fag packet adding & subtracting and making allowances, at the time of writing we have only 12 fit first team squad members.

allowances being cant count MacKenzie, Magennis & Mullen as not fit, and assuming Kpwenka isnt getting near a jersey again (would Oran be tempted?). Add to this the persistent rumours that Flynn, Cooke, Ferdinand may, or may not be off too???

looks like even with a couple more in we will be naming youth players or even Kpwenka as subs this weekend?

Get the slow cooker on when ready out will pop at least three signings . 

1 minute ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Get the slow cooker on when ready out will pop at least three signings . 

Its sorely needed now. Only Lyons is a stick on at the moment. And it would be unfair, and unrealistic for him to be burdened with over optimistic expectations as he's never played one game of full time, professional, first team football at any level. Mind you that didnt seem to matter to the last regime.. lol

Edited by Lord Pityme

8 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Agreed on the three inured players but we can't just remove the other three because of internet rumours :-)

Ferdinand may or may not stay, but I've seen nothing to suggest Cooke or Flynn won't be around.

Team for Sat as things stand right now;

Hladky

P McGinn
Erhahon
Popescu
Baird

McGinn
Hodson
Tansey
Flynn

Jackson
Cooke

It's not great I grant you and we'd have next to nothing on the bench, but it's a team nevertheless!

6 minutes ago, thomsons dropped it said:

According to Twitter and my Brother who has just passed Greenhill Road, the ground is packed with Photographers.....:thumbsup

Welcome Back Lewis....????

Could just be the Scottish Cup presser? Hopefully something more exciting though!

13 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:
7 minutes ago, div said:

Agreed on the three inured players but we can't just remove the other three because of internet rumours :-)

Ferdinand may or may not stay, but I've seen nothing to suggest Cooke or Flynn won't be around.

Hladky

P McGinn
Erhahon
Popescu
Baird

McGinn
Hodson
Tansey
Flynn

Jackson
Cooke

It's not great I grant you and we'd have next to nothing on the bench, but it's a team nevertheless!

Agree with this and it is still Tuesday. Lyons could be over the line, potentially a striker, Morgan, another defender and all of a sudden it's looking a lot more rosy with options on the bench. 

17 minutes ago, div said:

Hladky

P McGinn
Erhahon
Popescu
Baird

McGinn
Hodson
Tansey
Flynn

Jackson
Cooke

I hadn't removed Ferdinand, Cooke and Flynn from the list of only 12 fit, just commented there may still be one or more going out. What that ( as it stands now) line up shows is we still haven't recruited to address the issue of full backs and midfielders playing out of position.

that for me is why we struggle to move forward with any pace, and why the centre backs are always under pressure.

3 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Something funny about delay in announcing Lyons loan deal (at time of writing). Its only a loan till the season end, he's been up here a week, even Blackburn are saying he's coming here, but as yet no announcement...?

is Gus blocking/delaying/questioning/over ruling  Oran's pick..?

Waiting for enough new signings to have a group photograph. 

3 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

I hadn't removed Ferdinand, Cooke and Flynn from the list of only 12 fit, just commented there may still be one or more going out. What that ( as it stands now) line up shows is we still haven't recruited to address the issue of full backs and midfielders playing out of position.

that for me is why we struggle to move forward with any pace, and why the centre backs are always under pressure.

In Div's team above, the only midfielder SINGULAR that is "out of position" would be Hodson. Unless you also mean Erhahon playing in defence as a midfielder - If it was that simple - One of the RB's would play LB and Erhahon would play RM - the manager obviously does not think this is the best option...

Oran has already stated that having both Paul McGinn and Hodson in the team is very important. In an ideal situation we would play one at RB and the other would be his cover, but it is clear from a number of games where both Paul and Hodson have played more in the middle of the park that they are very capable there and can cover back well too.

I agree a better midfielder would be desirable - but there will be an order of priorities. In my opinion it will be something like - 1st a Striker, 2nd Lyons, 3rd CB cover (Ferdinand OR?) 4th Winger, 5th LB, 6th RM.  I suspect Oran feels the strength of these 2 natural RB's is well above the problem areas elsewhere.

By the weekend, I suspect a few more will bulk up the team and the bench will be fine (possibly on the bench are Rodgers, Flynn, Kellerman, Cooke, Ferdinand or Baird, MacPherson (Who played great last time out), and Jamieson)  Not many of those who have gone would make it much better!

Edited by Sweeper07
added in Erhahon bit

7 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Something funny about delay in announcing Lyons loan deal (Paranoia). Its only a loan till the season end (OR IS IT????), he's been up here a week ( APPARENTLY), even Blackburn are saying he's coming here, but as yet no announcement...? ( DRAMA)

is Gus blocking/delaying/questioning/over ruling  Oran's pick..? ( MORE DRAMA )

Image result for tune in next week Suspense its killing LPM!!!! :1eye

32 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Something funny about delay in announcing Lyons loan deal (at time of writing). Its only a loan till the season end, he's been up here a week, even Blackburn are saying he's coming here, but as yet no announcement...?

Said in the paper today the official move to Blackburn was only completed on Friday. So really it's only been one full working day since then. Nothing worrying about that IMO. Paperwork takes time. 

34 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

We didn't have any letters for his shirt... :ph34r:

From my mate, 15 minutes ago:

image.png.386ea9784a56bf92db686643095e7755.png