January Arrivals

div

Just now, Lord Pityme said:

Going by some of the unrealistic and totally unfair expectations already placed on his young shoulders i hope Brad Lyons, for his sake is a combination of Messi, Ronaldo and Pele. Otherwise he's bound by expectations to disappoint some of his newest fans.

No player is perfect and everyone has an opinion - that's life.

The Lad will know what crowds shout and so called fans write on forums.

If he keeps fit and well - this lad will contribute to us leapfrogging Hamilton and avoiding automatic relegation or the play-offs.

But he is just 1 - all 4 in so far will hopefully do likewise. More to join us too...

Yet all signings are a risk and as we see from Dee, their new CB is out for 8-10 weeks already...

8 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Going by some of the unrealistic and totally unfair expectations already placed on his young shoulders i hope Brad Lyons, for his sake is a combination of Messi, Ronaldo and Pele. Otherwise he's bound by expectations to disappoint some of his newest fans.

One of the three will do.

22 minutes ago, Jrok said:

I dont like hodson, he has no final ball and cant beat a man, but i must ask when all the other loanees have returned to there clubs, hes still at the simple digital, why?

He's a defender being played out of position in midfield hence his lack of final ball etc. He's steady enough but needs to be used in his correct role.

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

He's a defender being played out of position in midfield hence his lack of final ball etc. He's steady enough but needs to be used in his correct role.

I thought he might be one who we let go if we had got Ralston from the other ugly sister for that reason and possibly to save a bit on wages.

I hope we sign a RM and he and Paul can compete for RB.

A good LB would be a blessing too.

3 hours ago, waldorf34 said:

No better than Cammy McPherson, just another player getting very good wage and accommodation, but no better than what we have,be off again in the summer .

We have boys from the academy who have put in 12 years at the club,don't get a proper chance in the first team then we drop them off the planet .BUT if they are really good early on they get punted out the door to balance the books and replaced by some has been or carpetbaggers.

We have lost our way,this was a club that gave youth a genuine chance .

We have been that dire during the last 6 months that if our young players were of good quality they would have broken into the team. Ethan Erhahon has managed this and plays out of position. Cammy gets chances but he’s not yet ready to do it every game. Jamieson had a chance too. We are hardly denying youth a chance, they have to be good enough first.

Kearney has worked with Lyons. He’s seen him in action many times. He has seen the standard of our midfield, he has seen the standard of other teams in this league. He obviously thinks Lyons can contribute to our cause. In a month where we needed a massive overhaul, it was always likely Kearney would make one or two “safe bet” signings that he already knew well and can trust to improve our fortunes.

Your point on selling our young players is just plain blind. Most of these guys are sold in the final 6/12 months of their contract, at a point we know it would be unlikely to get them to sign an extension. The only one who didn’t really get to make his mark here was McAllister. All of the other youths had their chance, played their part, and were sold when we knew we’d lose them for free come summer. Of course the club wants to hold onto them. That’s just football. We easily take players from lower league clubs, bigger clubs easily take them from us. Not much we can do about it.

9 minutes ago, Jrok said:

So you would drop p mcginn since hodson has to play every game?

Did Lee Hodson shag your wife? He seems to have really upset you. Or did he promise you a McDonalds only to avoid buying your Happy Meal?

1 minute ago, Jrok said:

So you dont know why hodson is still here then

Having watched all the games (Bar Motherwell at the SDA) which the team have played this season It's because he's consistently better than anything else we have had available.  It's not exactly rocket science.    

5 minutes ago, Jrok said:

What wife, i'm only asking a question, since all the posters on here are really knowledgeable about all things smfc.
So you dont know why hodson is still here then.

Probably because he’s been one of the better players for us this season? He’s a good RB, done well out of position in the midfield, his worst performances were out of position at LB.

14 minutes ago, Jrok said:

What wife, i'm only asking a question, since all the posters on here are really knowledgeable about all things smfc.

You clearly aren't.

Is there a reason you are making up shite about Hodson having to play?

Nobody is going to buy that on here.

Not even saintnextlifetime and IOBS and those two are gullible enough to believe pretty much any conspiracy theory.

Guest TPAFKATS
Did Lee Hodson shag your wife? He seems to have really upset you. Or did he promise you a McDonalds only to avoid buying your Happy Meal?
Hodson started to shag his wife but went to pieces outside her box and couldn't finish...

Guest TPAFKATS
You'll really need to try harder with your wind up posts LPM.
Waldorf and jrok have raised the bar today.

4 minutes ago, Jrok said:
44 minutes ago, FTOF said:
When did Danny Rogers leave?

You cant answer either, it is a simple question. 18 appearances, never subbed never dropped why ?

This ain't Russia - we are not playing someone every week who makes the team poorer because someone makes us do that.

He is often one of our best players and never been anywhere nearly the poorest on the park.

But we get you hate him - Got issues with the Govan teams my friend?

This ain't Russia - we are not playing someone every week who makes the team poorer because someone makes us do that.

He is often one of our best players and never been anywhere nearly the poorest on the park.

But we get you hate him - Got issues with the Govan teams my friend?

Rangers fans tend not to like hodson so he's probably one of them.

He's a right back nothing more nothing less. A bit more in the mold of Alan Reid rather than a Jack Ross or Vanzy.

He's been steady enough to warrant his place in the team.