January Arrivals

div

38 minutes ago, div said:

All very possible, but I don't think so somehow!

If, as has been suggested in the papers, that Ibrahim Meite is now on trial from Cardiff then I'd think we can assume that interest in Malec is over.

Who knows what's happened there. Could have been fitness, might have been finances, might have got a better offer elsewhere, might not have impressed in training.

None of us know, we're only guessing.

I can't really get too agitated about not signing a player I've never seen play other than on YouTube.

It could also be character/ chemistry. I think in just about all of Oran’s signing statements he refers to the players’ character and ambition. It’s not just about ‘can they’- it’s also ‘would they play/accept direction’ and ‘would they fit in.’ 

8 minutes ago, cambiebud said:

Fairly underwhelming so far. Fingers crossed that there’s some good news soon. Can we field a team against Alloa? Never mind, Parkhead, Hibs at home then Sevco away so nothing to worry about!emoji33.pngemoji33.pngemoji33.png

As it stands at the moment -                       

Hladky

McGinn     Popescu       Baird       Erhahon

Hodson       McGinn    Tansy

Lyons

Cooke                 Jackson

But watch for  additions today /  tomorrow

I'd have liked to have seen more in by this stage but I'm happier than I was two days prior to our first game of the season against Killie in the LC back in July.

Only one definite miss in Hammill and a coupla possibles in Jones & Lyness.

Famous Last Words but providing we go in with the right attitude we should beat Alloa, Celtic (a) comes into the "anything we get is a bonus" category so the real test will be against Hibs on the 27th - as ever COYS!

Hladky
                               Lyons
Surely Ferdinand is contracted until we hear different?

1 minute ago, Hambud said:
43 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:
                               Hladky
                               Lyons

Ferdinand is indeed contracted and has been back up here since Xmas break. Not sure why everyone is thinking he might be off? He'll be on the pitch on Saturday as far as I'm aware.

Ferdinand is indeed contracted and has been back up here since Xmas break. Not sure why everyone is thinking he might be off? He'll be on the pitch on Saturday as far as I'm aware.
I think there is an agreement that if he can find something that suits him and his family more then we won't stand in his way.

However he is ours until someone else comes in for him.

14 minutes ago, Hambud said:

I think there is an agreement that if he can find something that suits him and his family more then we won't stand in his way.

However he is ours until someone else comes in for him.

I think he has confirmed he will stay. Hopefully this Popesecu boy is mobile enough to cover him!

35 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

I'd have liked to have seen more in by this stage but I'm happier than I was two days prior to our first game of the season against Killie in the LC back in July.

Only one definite miss in Hammill and a coupla possibles in Jones & Lyness.

Famous Last Words but providing we go in with the right attitude we should beat Alloa, Celtic (a) comes into the "anything we get is a bonus" category so the real test will be against Hibs on the 27th - as ever COYS!

I share these views.  Beating Alloa is important.  Anything from Celtic Park would be good and a cracking game against Hibs just after where a win would be great.  As another poster pointed out there are others still to come in and those coming later in the window may well be those of the highest quality in th  transfer period. 

32 minutes ago, Hambud said:
1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:
                               Hladky
                               Lyons

The main issue is the uncertainty of "if he finds something nearer home" - the other issue is whether he is fit or not...

2 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

The main issue is the uncertainty of "if he finds something nearer home" - the other issue is whether he is fit or not...

Yep, we don't want a Kenny McLean scenario of leaving on the last day of the window and not having enough time to get a replacement in. Anton strikes me as too professional to do that though.

8 minutes ago, Hambud said:

But "as it stands" he can start. emoji6.png

IF he is fit, and does not leave to take up another offer, why not?

Oran might play 3 CB's with wingbacks - he might play 2 and drop Baird. He might not want to risk Ferdinand - he has options, tactics and the team to pick - I was only trying to show that we had a decent 11 players to line up on Saturday as it stands. Also expecting others to be signed by close of play tomorrow too...

5 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Is he an In? Is he an Out? No he's Kellerman!

I see he's been taken off the list of Ins on the Home Page - is their any significance to this? 

I'm confused, can anyone help?  

He was already on our books.