January Arrivals

div

20 minutes ago, shull said:

Maybe it is Sammon's time again. 

He could be a revelation. 

Blasting us up the Table and to Scottish Cup glory. 

Some thought the legend Mehmet was shite. 

I agree that in some cases with players, they just need to be a right fit for a particular club. 

5 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Adam Hamill was sent out on loan 7 times and Scunthorpe is his 12th move ffs... hello...!

No you are wrong in essence! As a full pro, not youth or u21 etc Hammil has had three loans. And yes a fair few moves. Question is, if you had a straight choice..? Which one between Hammill & Sammon would you pick?

the guy who was our top scorer in onlt a handful of league games, or the guy who hadnt scored in the league this season???

If the new striker proves to be either Boyd or Sammon then just give Gus his jotters tonight - seriously what would be the point in retaining him if he can only come up with 2 players the media have been quietly rumouring for months.  Must have been some scouting operation to come up with those 2 names !!!

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

If the new striker proves to be either Boyd or Sammon then just give Gus his jotters tonight - seriously what would be the point in retaining him if he can only come up with 2 players the media have been quietly rumouring for months.  Must have been some scouting operation to come up with those 2 names !!!

Exactly this!

whats the point in paying for someone to scout the talent of the world, to then end up panic buying old duds ffs?

6 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Didn't he come up with Popescu, Hladky and Tansey and those we have still to sign in this window?

Edited by Sweeper07

23 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I must say I can’t get excited about the rumours of Connor Simmons impending arrival , always thought he was mediocre at best. That said, If he was to come to Saints, he would get my total support from the off. Everyone deserves the chance to show what they can do in the stripes.

When is it my chance?

1 minute ago, Bud the Baker said:

I may be in a minority of one over Ferdinand but I reckon we should give him till Monday to say YES or NO - the big danger in these situations is him getting a deal on the last day of the window leaving us up the creek.

I'm 90% sure he is staying.

Kearney said the final decision would be today, so that will be an end to it before your Monday deadline.

4 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

I may be in a minority of one over Ferdinand but I reckon we should give him till Monday to say YES or NO - the big danger in these situations is him getting a deal on the last day of the window leaving us up the creek.

At least a minority of two!

i said previously the club should make him their best, and final offer this week. And if he declines, or asks for time just shake hands and say 'sorry Anton we cant wait on you.'

At least a minority of two!
i said previously the club should make him their best, and final offer this week. And if he declines, or asks for time just shake hands and say 'sorry Anton we cant wait on you.'

Agree with this, he has a good gig with us.
I do appreciate the decision to move away , should he make it, would not necessarily be financial but family .
We however need to know where we stand sooner than later.

23 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

No you are wrong in essence! As a full pro, not youth or u21 etc Hammil has had three loans. And yes a fair few moves. Question is, if you had a straight choice..? Which one between Hammill & Sammon would you pick?

the guy who was our top scorer in onlt a handful of league games, or the guy who hadnt scored in the league this season???

No you are wrong in "essence" and in fact! As a full pro Hammill has had 7 loans.

"A fair few moves" = 12

Your question is irrelevant to the point in discussion. I'm not comparing Hammill's ability with Sammon! I used Hamill as an example that someone who has loads of loans and clubs can still be a good signing. The example therefore makes your point about Sammon's loans and clubs irrelevant!

I'd rather pick Lionel Messi than Hammill or Sammon.... but just like your comparison.... its irrelevant!

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Sammon signing would be a f**king dreadful piece of business. 

He's a lump of wood who had a good season 5 years ago. 

I think it was longer ago than that, tbh.

Fake edit: he was ok for Partick 17-18. They did ok that season, right?

image.png.a8a3f3094bc3013545384064ff72238c.png

Edited by Magic Monkey