January Arrivals

div

32 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

And the brief was to only sign players that you haven't heard of? :lol:

:1eye

Not exclusively no but by the same token the names mentioned are hardly "discoveries".  Latest loan also doesn't smack of the work of the DoF (or whatever his title is)either ! Of the 5 in so far one is an ex player back on loan and one is an ex player of the new boss in on loan. We might see more yet but so far the policy looks no different to before bar the Czech and Romanian boys and we don't really know how they have ended up here yet.

4 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Not exclusively no but by the same token the names mentioned are hardly "discoveries".  Latest loan also doesn't smack of the work of the DoF (or whatever his title is)either !

Thanks for the clarification. So we can sign players that you've heard of.... as long as you personally rate them!

And if we do sign a player that you've heard of and rate then it obviously isn't the work of the DoF!

:lol:

I hope Kyle is, and can stay fit. Also hope my feeling that we are basically doing Derby's job of getting him back to full fitness is misplaced. The league games will tell if Kyle and the others signed are what we need.

on a different note, its another contradiction of Oran's stance on avoiding loan players as he said "they arent the most committed"

6 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Oh dear. You're not very bright.

My "negative" comment was a sarcastic dig at those who told us that we shouldn't sign any more players on loan from English clubs. Like you!

:lol:

Forgive me that I thought one of the most negative posters on here was... putting up a negative post. :rolleyes:

I'm more than happy with loans from any club thank you. 

Wish list :
Big target man
Left back
Ferdinand to stay. ( preferably)

Kpekawa to go ASAP.
Kidderminster to want Heaton permanent

Not fussed whether Rogers stays or goes.
What do we do with Cooke & Kellerman ?

Agree with the wish list but would add a winger (Slovakian?)

I may weel be alone here, but I still have a soft spot for Kpekawa (sponsor him). Never seen him play but from reading on it doesn't sound like he's applied himself especially after Stubbs left. Shame as I'd hoped he'd have upped his game - a missed opportunity for him.

Not sure of Kellerman at all but would definitely keep Cooke who has worked hard and forced his way back into contention.