January Arrivals

div

Am I wrong or did the gaffer not say a while ago that he didn’t want to go down the loan player route?  Yet 5 of the 6 signings are loan deals.

I’m not complaining as I think the clear out this month is just what we have needed and he has maybe been let down by some players who would have been on permanent deals.  Looks like it might be a lesson learned for OK to keep it zipped until he knows for certain what’s happening with signings e.g Stubbs and his marquee patter.  

No-one wants to see their manager contradicting himself!

Edited by Hawn

2 minutes ago, Hawn said:

Am I wrong or did the gaffer not say a while ago that he didn’t want to go down the loan player route?  Yet 5 of the 6 signings are loan deals.

I’m not complaining as I think the clear out this month is just what we have needed and he has maybe been let down by some players who would have been on permanent deals.  Looks like it might be a lesson learned for OK to keep it zipped until he knows for certain what’s happening with signings e.g Stubbs and his marquee patter.  

The Gaffer would prefer not to go down the loans route - BUT at this moment, when far fewer players are out-of-contract his options mean loans are almost esential

4 minutes ago, Hawn said:

Only 4 out of 6 

3 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

I would be shocked if we could sign a 20 year a goal striker on our budget. Sammon's phisical side has always impressed me which could compliment Jackson also in the box set peaces as such I would not be disappointed if we signed Sammon. 

I can think of plenty 20 year a goal strikers we've signed on our budget :blink::P

I'd rather we signed some 20 goals a year strikers myself!

13 minutes ago, Hawn said:

He said ideally he'd prefer us not to be so reliant on loans and to have more stability but appreciates that right now in the current situation we find ourselves in that the loan market is one that we have to utilise as best we can.

8 minutes ago, div said:

He said ideally he'd prefer us not to be so reliant on loans and to have more stability but appreciates that right now in the current situation we find ourselves in that the loan market is one that we have to utilise as best we can.

Thats fair enough.  Just got to pray these guys do the business!  Was always going to be tough signing players outright in January but Tansey is a good addition and I have high (and blind) hopes that Hladky will be good as well.

still 2 or 3 players required before the window shuts I’d say.  Give me a left back and a couple of strikers and I’ll be happy 

5 minutes ago, W6Saint said:

Very high risk signing considering how little football he has played in the last 18 months. I’m afraid it’s going to take a lot more than this and Conor Bloody Sammon to excite the fanbase.

Would you rather have Kyle McAllister or would you rather we brought back Ryan Edwards?