January Arrivals

div

If we were able to move Kpekawa out the door along with Rogers, Hodson and Flynn I'd be quite happy with a squad that added a left back, Lewis Morgan and another striker to what we have at the minute:

Goalkeepers: Vaclav Hladky, Jordan Holmes.

Defenders: Paul McGinn; Jack Baird, Gary MacKenzie, Anton Ferdinand, Mihau Popescu, new left back

Midfielders: Stephen McGinn, Kyle Magennis, Cammy MacPherson, Ethan Erhahon, Greg Tansey, Brad Lyons, Kyle McAllister, Jim Kellerman, Lewis Morgan?

Forwards: Simeon Jackson, Danny Mullen, new striker, Cody Cooke.

Squad size: 22 players

If you think English reserve football stands any player in good stead for first team football let alone a relegation battle then you’re in for a shock. We already witnessed this with Hayden Coulson and Alfie Jones for the first 3 months he was here.

I didn’t say anything about whether he was in good stead for first team football.

You said he’d hardly played. I was pointing out that you were wrong.

On your point though, are you saying that we shouldn’t have signed Lyons from Blackburn either?

3 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Remind me again about the positives from the Stubbs era - aside from its brevity.

It clearly gave our new (ish) directors the kick up the butt they needed to ensure we learned every lesson possible from it - hence the extra coaches and player recruitment team... we are even now in a much better state than at any point during the Stubs fiasco - right?

9 minutes ago, Jrok said:
3 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:
Jroc said so in a previous exchange - the Govan team get to influence our first team if they loan us a player...
So I was having a dig at him - not you my friend    emoji4.png

We'll see tomorrow weather permitting.

No we won't.

If Hodson plays it will be because OK himself has chosen to play him.

Unless of course a representative of the blue bigots releases a statement to the media that they are insisting that OK picks him.

Otherwise it's just someone who is barking at the moon posting like a green bigot supporting troll on a St.Mirren forum.:)

Just now, Buddie-Boy said:

Probably Sammon, but he says Boyd is not leaving Killie.

Killie don't have many players left after this window, they'll be hanging on to Boyd!

It's been good to see them challenging at the top of the table, and it will be equally good to see them put back in their f**king box.

No we won't.
If Hodson plays it will be because OK himself has chosen to play him.
Unless of course a representative of the blue bigots releases a statement to the media that they are insisting that OK picks him.
Otherwise it's just someone who is barking at the moon posting like a green bigot supporting troll on a St.Mirren forum.[emoji4]
Its an opinion. Btw FTOF.

Guest TPAFKATS
So we are hoping that a player who has struggled for playing time at u23 level and a part time player from Ireland are going to be our creative players god help us
If only there was a way of pinning posts on here

22 minutes ago, jonjo said:
2 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:
:offtopic  Think this is meant in the St. Mirren  v Alloa Thread  

So we are hoping that a player who has struggled for playing time at u23 level and a part time player from Ireland are going to be our creative players god help us

23 games this season at Derby U23s isn't 'struggling for playing time' .

The part time player from Ireland has been full time and playing in England since the Summer. 

Apart from those two points though, your post is 100% accurate. :lol:

22 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
24 minutes ago, jonjo said:

If only there was a way of pinning posts on here

Did you mean 'binning'?

4 hours ago, Hawn said:

Am I wrong or did the gaffer not say a while ago that he didn’t want to go down the loan player route?  Yet 5 of the 6 signings are loan deals.

I’m not complaining as I think the clear out this month is just what we have needed and he has maybe been let down by some players who would have been on permanent deals.  Looks like it might be a lesson learned for OK to keep it zipped until he knows for certain what’s happening with signings e.g Stubbs and his marquee patter.  

No-one wants to see their manager contradicting himself!

I am fairly sure in one of his interviews he said exactly what you intimate re loans, however there was a caveat in that he said the remainder of this season may necessitate some more

2 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

McAllister looked a better player than Stevie Mallan when they played in the same St Mirren side in the Championship. Stevie Mallan went to Barnsley had hardly got a game, played reserve football and has walked into the Hibs midfield and been one of their top players and top scorers this season.

Whoa...... McAllister with a handful of pro games looked better than Mallan? C'mon... a blind man can see thats not how it panned out. Could Kyle become better? That's a different question we may get to find the answer to?

I know everybody deserves a chance and has to start somewhere, but I can't say I am majorly excited about Lyons or McAllister.

Lyons.........highest level he has played is part time for Coleraine in the Irish league. Big step up.

McAllister...................highest level he has played is less than 20 games in the Championship....Huge step up required.

They might be great, and I certainly hope so. We'll see.

I still think we need a bit of experience in there. Still to inexperienced in the creative areas for my liking.

Edited by Prague Buddie