January Arrivals

div

6 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

9 of the starting 11 in their last game were playing in League One.

How many of our squad from last season are left?

Highlights the shite that Stubbs inherited.

That "shite" won the league of course, quite easily.

There you go, you've got your bite. Glad to have brought a bit of joy in to your life.

Now gie it a f**king rest.

7 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

What a strange way of looking at it. 

That 'shite' won the league and finished 12 points ahead of Livingston.

Maybe if he hadnt been so incompetent he wouldn't have decimated a championship winning side and replaced them with teenagers and non league footballers.

That "shite" won the league of course, quite easily. There you go, you've got your bite. Glad to have brought a bit of joy in to your life. Now gie it a f**king rest.

er, but no they didn’t. Stubbs didn’t inherit the best player. He was gone.

Not a single player in last season’s first choice back 4 has played this season. And Stubbs didn’t get rid of any of them.

He inherited a shite squad.

Glad my posts bring some happiness to your life.

What a strange way of looking at it.  That 'shite' won the league and finished 12 points ahead of Livingston. Maybe if he hadnt been so incompetent he wouldn't have decimated a championship winning side and replaced them with teenagers and non league footballers.

What a strange way of looking at it.

That shite didn’t win the league. The best player was gone before Stubbs arrived. Stubbs wasn’t able to play any of last season’s first choice back 4, and neither has OK.

He didn’t decimate the side. It’s OK who has decimated what remained. And that’s cos he thinks they were shite.

4 hours ago, FTOF said:

Your first post was factually incorrect. We simply pointed out that, going by the wording and sweeping nature of your post, you were talking pish.

Any player we take from English championship or Premiership U-23's is a risk and I don't disagree with your middle paragraph.

I do happen to believe that getting regular games for an English championship U-23 team is far better preparation for our first XI than playing for our reserve team or in the odd bounce game, and I believe that a fit McAllister and Lyons will show up well in premiership football.

As I said it was worded incorrectly,  he hasn’t played first team football - fact.

As i’ve also already stated Hayden Coulson and NBM came from that level - we’ll see if these two can hack it, hopefully they can.

I’ve removed the last part of your post because it’s an absolute crock and is hurting my eyes - no St Mirren fan wants OK to fail.

7 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

What a strange way of looking at it.

That shite didn’t win the league. The best player was gone before Stubbs arrived. Stubbs wasn’t able to play any of last season’s first choice back 4, and neither has OK.

He didn’t decimate the side. It’s OK who has decimated what remained. And that’s cos he thinks they were shite.

You're on a different planet :lol:

17 minutes ago, W6Saint said:

As I said it was worded incorrectly,  he hasn’t played first team football - fact.

As i’ve also already stated Hayden Coulson and NBM came from that level - we’ll see if these two can hack it, hopefully they can.

I’ve removed the last part of your post because it’s an absolute crock and is hurting my eyes - no St Mirren fan wants OK to fail.

If you read some of the posts on this site and elsewhere, there are certainly posters who take great delight when a Saints manager, other than their preferred option , fails to get a result.

It happened with Jack Ross and it has continued with OK.

Edited by FTOF

As I said it was worded incorrectly,  he hasn’t played first team football - fact. As i’ve also already stated Hayden Coulson and NBM came from that level - we’ll see if these two can hack it, hopefully they can. 

Stevie Mallan, Greg Stewart and Steven Naismith also came from that level and seemed to have coped with top flight Scottish football this season.

31 minutes ago, W6Saint said:

I genuinely believe there are a small handful of St. Mirren fans who are so intent on trying to prove other posters wrong and themselves correct, that they take some sort of strange satisfaction in seeing certain managers (and indeed players) fail.

Perhaps not happiness as such but a strange form of gloating nonetheless.

I genuinely believe there are a small handful of St. Mirren fans who are so intent on trying to prove other posters wrong and themselves correct, that they take some sort of strange satisfaction in seeing certain managers (and indeed players) fail.

I seem to remember a large majority wanting the previous manager to fail and taking great satisfaction when he did.

Just now, Wendy Saintss said:

I seem to remember a large majority wanting the previous manager to fail and taking great satisfaction when he did.

I agree. The satisfaction was over his removal rather than the clubs predicament though. (Well, apart from Elvis and all his lols)

The majority of supporters were behind him before a ball was kicked, though.

8 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Last I heard on Jai he was facing potential charges, not sure what the latest was on that one.

He was found guilty by social media trial on this forum a few months back.

The Sheriff Court made a statement at the time that the argument made on here by one of the posters "No smoke without fire" was, and I am quoting directly, "pure f**king amazin like" and fined him immediately.

That was my recollection of events.

Edited by oaksoft

3 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Highlights the shite Stubbs wasted our budget on. No doubt that if JR had stayed we would have seen better quality brought in over the summer. 

Edited by nedflanders123

4 hours ago, FTOF said:

If you read some of the posts on this site and elsewhere, there are certainly posters who take great delight when a Saints manager, other than their preferred option , fails to get a result.

It happened with Jack Ross and it has continued with OK.

4 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Well definitely not from me, hope that wasn’t what FTOF was getting at because it’s certainly not the case and i’m horrified that anybody would genuinely want us to lose just to be proved correct.

3 hours ago, oaksoft said:

He was found guilty by social media trial on this forum a few months back.

The Sheriff Court made a statement at the time that the argument made on here by one of the posters "No smoke without fire" was, and I am quoting directly, "pure f**king amazin like" and fined him immediately.

That was my recollection of events.

Nah, not quite. The 'smoke without fire' remark was a clarification on a previous post because someone had misunderstood it. The original post was making a general point in discussion, and was not about Jai directly. 

I know your comprehension (and, clearly, your memory) isn't the greatest though so I can see why you're confused.