January Arrivals

div

Just now, Magic Monkey said:

Nah, not quite. The 'smoke without fire' remark was a clarification on a previous post because someone had misunderstood it. The original post was making a general point in discussion, and was not about Jai directly. 

I know your comprehension (and, clearly, your memory) isn't the greatest though so I can see why you're confused.

Aye wriggle away all you like.

20 hours ago, jonjo said:
22 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:
:offtopic  Think this is meant in the St. Mirren  v Alloa Thread  

So we are hoping that a player who has struggled for playing time at u23 level and a part time player from Ireland are going to be our creative players god help us

I think the lesson today is that you need to exercise a bit more patience.

4 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

I genuinely believe there are a small handful of St. Mirren fans who are so intent on trying to prove other posters wrong and themselves correct, that they take some sort of strange satisfaction in seeing certain managers (and indeed players) fail.

Perhaps not happiness as such but a strange form of gloating nonetheless.

That type of guy has always been about though. Before the internet and cctv , they would get a punch in the mouth or a kick in the haw maws and that was the end of it.

1 hour ago, billyg said:

That type of guy has always been about though. Before the internet and cctv , they would get a punch in the mouth or a kick in the haw maws and that was the end of it.

And no doubt you want us all to know that you were the very man to deliver it.

Yeah we get it Billy. You are all man. A man's man. Man about town. Manly Man. Tough man. Hard man.

Probably a bit repressed too.

2 hours ago, W6Saint said:

Well definitely not from me, hope that wasn’t what FTOF was getting at because it’s certainly not the case and i’m horrified that anybody would genuinely want us to lose just to be proved correct.

It wasn't you I was getting at.

Although you occasionally post erroneously :P, you don't seem to fall into the totally unhinged category.

6 hours ago, oaksoft said:

And no doubt you want us all to know that you were the very man to deliver it.

Yeah we get it Billy. You are all man. A man's man. Man about town. Manly Man. Tough man. Hard man.

Probably a bit repressed too.

Not at all Oakstur. Although I might make an exception if you make yourself known ! :) Fanny !

Great entertainment from the bickering on this thread for once :lol:

Lets get back on topic though. Tony F confirmed yesterday we are still in the hunt for Lewis Morgan and that we should know by Monday where he has decided to go.

Yesterday showed the dire need for some new faces we still have, particularly at left back, out wide, and up-front. Anyone heard of much more in the pipeline?

41 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Great entertainment from the bickering on this thread for once :lol:

Lets get back on topic though. Tony F confirmed yesterday we are still in the hunt for Lewis Morgan and that we should know by Monday where he has decided to go.

Yesterday showed the dire need for some new faces we still have, particularly at left back, out wide, and up-front. Anyone heard of much more in the pipeline?

Agree on the positions we need filled but was more concerned with our failure to track runners from midfield. Tactical error from JG saw them sit back in the second half. In 3 games I have watched Alloa play this is the first in which they didn't push up or score in the second half.

24 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Agree on the positions we need filled but was more concerned with our failure to track runners from midfield. Tactical error from JG saw them sit back in the second half. In 3 games I have watched Alloa play this is the first in which they didn't push up or score in the second half.

Yep, 100%. Tansey and McGinn provided no protection for the defence and the full backs were constantly over run as well.

With the fanciful notion in my head that might be good for saints and for the player if we could get him back on loan, I started reading forums and watching footage on the Derby website looking for some info on Kyle.  To say he performed impressively in both domestic and continental U23 games would be an accurate assessment.  He also played a good number of games and it seems the fans were getting a good feeling about him.  

You would think that some of the negative commentators on this thread would have done similar research and agreed to at least reserve judgement before slating the decision to bring Kyle in.  After all, he did well for us and was snapped up as a prospect at a young age so we do have a baseline for him.

But then, some people are just very judgemental and like a moan

3 hours ago, Kemp said:

Yep, 100%. Tansey and McGinn provided no protection for the defence and the full backs were constantly over run as well.

You can see after their second goal by Tansey's reaction, that he knows he should have prevented Cawley from getting a shot in.

So 2-3 expected this week, hopefully a left back, winger and a forward. For all that Ethan has performed well, I think we need a more experienced head in there.

Interesting that one prominent poster claimed we’d only sign 3 or 4 players and that Cooke was away. A pretty poor WUM...:rolleyes:

10 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

You know, it has been scientifically proven that a person cannot punch themselves on the face hard enough to inflict significant pain .
Go on , try it if you don’t believe me .

F**k, that was sore.  Image result for black eyed smiley

Edited by pod

3 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

You know, it has been scientifically proven that a person cannot punch themselves on the face hard enough to inflict significant pain .
Go on , try it if you don’t believe me .

The science to back that up can be found by reading Grundig et al., J. Psych. Pse. Sci. Bull., 1934, 223-232.

Edited by oaksoft