January Arrivals

div

On 1/22/2019 at 9:29 AM, Sweeper07 said:

Might it suggest Hodson could be away? The Irish lad is a decent RB, more attacking minded and his brother is a good player too.

P. McGinn to keep his place in midfield . . . .

Mentions Hodson being on the radar of two English Clubs earlier. Bolton is one and Ipswich is the other. 

We were against celtic tonight and didn't expect to take points, however, what we witnessed shows how far off top level football we are... quite a distance in fact. 

In the centre of midfield we couldn't string the most basic of passes. No cover from the midfield for the defence. 

In truth, I think we are soo far off with a squad that its hard to discuss what it is we need. 

A better Left back, centre mid, striker and winger than what we have at the very least. 

I want to be positive, I usually am, however, the truth is we are where we deserve to be at present. Lets hope we can gel and turn this around 

Edited by spankin_panda

2 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:

What’s the problem?

Now that Stubbs is away, why doesn’t OK just play the side that won promotion?

They beat Livi to the title by some margin after all.

Oh wait....

default_1eye.gif

Shull stick to your love affair with the old firm as you obviously dont know much about Saints. Is Wendy named after your fav blow up doll:wub:

I have to say that , by now , I was expecting to see a squad ready to tackle the run-in , this Sunday's match is winnable with a settled team in place , but we're still scrambling about , and it's beginning to look like our transfer activity is too little , too late !

Edited by billyg

3 minutes ago, billyg said:

I have to say that , by now , I was expecting to see a squad ready to tackle the run-in , this Sunday's match is winnable with a settled team in place , but we're still scrambling about , and it's beginning to look like our transfer activity is too little , too late !

If it was only that simple. The window opens, everyone you want to leave walks away, all the guys you want to sign arrive on day 1 and we starting building the new team every single day of the transfer window with friendlies to help them to gel. until our first competitive match after 4 weeks together as the new team/squad.

Sorry but it ain't like that for any team :cheers

We are now heading into the witching hour . . . :spud7

7 minutes ago, billyg said:

All the work had seemingly already been done behind the scenes though........-_-

1 minute ago, Sweeper07 said:

If it was only that simple. The window opens, everyone you want to leave walks away, all the guys you want to sign arrive on day 1 and we starting building the new team every single day of the transfer window with friendlies to help them to gel. until our first competitive match after 4 weeks together as the new team/squad.

Sorry but it ain't like that for any team :cheers

We are now heading into the witching hour . . . :spud7

If we're truly serious about making a fist of it , we would be further down the road than where we are. It's now looking like a low risk balancing of the books pre-relegation , rather than a genuine attempt to stay up !

Would rather we had the right players in by 1st February than we rush into deals for the sake of having more players in for two league games in January. If we're still lacking the players we need at the start of next month, I'll panic. Until then I'll keep calm.

14 minutes ago, billyg said:

Its not that black and white. We obviously have strong targets but they will be loans and we need them agreed by parent clubs. Can see 2 in tom.

1 minute ago, DougJamie said:

Its not that black and white. We obviously have strong targets but they will be loans and we need them agreed by parent clubs. Can see 2 in tom.

It is that black and white , we were told that dear old Gus had been active lining up possible deals pre window. If there are two in tomorrow , then it's exactly what I'm talking about , with the two of them thrown into a massive game on Sunday without having met their team mates. It's desperate !

Just now, billyg said:

It is that black and white , we were told that dear old Gus had been active lining up possible deals pre window. If there are two in tomorrow , then it's exactly what I'm talking about , with the two of them thrown into a massive game on Sunday without having met their team mates. It's desperate !

But its unavoidable when u do loan deals. I am not happy either but it is what it is i am afraid....

10 minutes ago, billyg said:

If we're truly serious about making a fist of it , we would be further down the road than where we are. It's now looking like a low risk balancing of the books pre-relegation , rather than a genuine attempt to stay up !

Problem is you are only looking at the here and now - you need to see a longer term view - the window is not closed, we have also made good signings under Oran when the last one was closed, so patience is the best answer at this point.

Fully agree focussed in right now - it don't look good.  Give it another 8 weeks and let's see how the new players are playing - once they know each others names . . .:turtle