January Arrivals

div

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Add to that people tend to airbrush over it was JR who took us on a hellish run to the bottom of the championship we clung onto!

And that was despite having a forward line of Morgan, Shankland & Hardie with Stevie Mallan in midfield and Jason Naismith in defence!

Those 5 would walk into the current side!

Edited by Wendy Saintss

8 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

McG reporting the panic button is now being pressed transfer wise. Take that to mean our targets have fallen through :(

Next week the market will hot up with clubs and players beginning to get twitchy. Players will become available who were previously not. There will be value to be had we just need to get in there and conclude deals asap

Just now, Ethan said:

Next week the market will hot up with clubs and players beginning to get twitchy. Players will become available who were previously not. There will be value to be had we just need to get in there and conclude deals asap

Deadline day could be very interesting for us.

5 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Deadline day could be very interesting for us.

Given Ok managed to get 4 really good guys after the last window was closed, I am not thinking that deadline day means the end of our signings.  :spud7

We are sitting on money for deals right now. Some are not coming off, others are/will. But it will shake out.  :cheers

Better to be patient than desperate.  Although Dee's new signings seem to be fitting in well and quickly.  

Just now, Sweeper07 said:

Given Ok managed to get 4 really good guys after the last window was closed, I am not thinking that deadline day means the end of our signings.  :spud7

We are sitting on money for deals right now. Some are not coming off, others are/will. But it will shake out.  :cheers

Better to be patient than desperate.  Although Dee's new signings seem to be fitting in well and quickly.  

They could only draw with QoS and they beat a shitty Hearts team - but so did we. Agree with everything else. No need to panic (and it never does any good anyway). Cool heads required but they are few and far between on here.

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Begs the question then, why go to all the expense of sacking, then paying off a management team, paying compo for new manager and giving him loads more budget to bring in free agents, as well as hiring a load of extra backroom wallahs?

Don't know, I don't run the club.   I'm only a football supporter. Hard enough looking after myself. :P

Two things I would change. Firstly, we have to pay the going rate for players so maybe find out what that is. It seems we are way off the pace. Secondly, don't wait for players to drive up through the Cumbria Bermuda triangle. Fly down with a contract, a pen, a strip, a camera and wee pop up Saints badge as background for the publicity pic. Giving players time to think on that drive up seems to work against us.

8 minutes ago, magnus said:

Two things I would change. Firstly, we have to pay the going rate for players so maybe find out what that is. It seems we are way off the pace. Secondly, don't wait for players to drive up through the Cumbria Bermuda triangle. Fly down with a contract, a pen, a strip, a camera and wee pop up Saints badge as background for the publicity pic. Giving players time to think on that drive up seems to work against us.

Oh I do hope I’m being whooshed here and that this post is a big pisstake .

if not , it is possibly the biggest piece of jobby  I’ve read on here for a while and believe me there is some stiff competition 

12 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Oh I do hope I’m being whooshed here and that this post is a big pisstake .

if not , it is possibly the biggest piece of jobby  I’ve read on here for a while and believe me there is some stiff competition 

High praise indeed from a jobby connoisseur. Quite made my day.:happyclapper

Times are tough. They were always going to be when we stepped up.

I may be naive but I believe the board when they said our promotion was ahead of schedule. 

No need to go over the post win period till OK arrived but what happened is only now being cleared up. There are no quick fixes.

Arrivals will come. Chances are they will improve our odds of survival but there are no guarantees. 

I am determined to enjoy the ride.

3 hours ago, Soctty said:

Wasting your time. Some people want players in NOW! Anyone will do, as long as they're in early. Doesn't matter if we get better players next week, they want any old shit in NOW!

There shouldn’t be a choice. We had 3 weeks without a game and were told Gus had been all over the place for months targetting players.

1 minute ago, Buddie-Boy said:

It's safe to say this new 'moneyball' approach has been a slight let-down (being polite here).

Indeed. Paper talk by the club and as I said months ago we are taking a stab in the dark and hoping for something similar to January 2017 - the main issue is we had an exceptional manager then.

Just now, W6Saint said:

Indeed. Paper talk by the club and as I said months ago we are taking a stab in the dark and hoping for something similar to January 2017 - the main issue is we had an exceptional manager then.

Absolutely and we could afford to pay Championship wages to very, very good Championship players.

4 minutes ago, W6Saint said:

You have no idea,same as the rest of us, as to how much effort has gone in to bring players to the club. This is traditionally the hardest time to get players over the line.

At least wait the last seven days of the window that's left before making unsubstantiated claims about the Club.

1 hour ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

So , is it a piss take post ? 

58 minutes ago, magnus said:

Aye. But born out of frustration as we miss target after target in a window we have all had clenched buttocks waiting for.

In fairness though we did just miss out on a signing while they were driving up north. Better action on our end would have sealed it before the late bid from elsewhere.

4 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

In fairness though we did just miss out on a signing while they were driving up north. Better action on our end would have sealed it before the late bid from elsewhere.

Sometimes things that don't work out, and that is not always a bad thing . . . 

e.g. say we don't get out 1st, 2nd, or 3rd choice for a particular position... having a rethink and seeing who else might come could actually result in a better option in the longer term... it might not, but it surely could. There is no way our leadership are not working hard to make things happen as positively as they can...

We don't need anyone who really does not want to be with us 100% or who are not fit and willing to make a good contribution in the games ahead . . .  We don't need squad players to make up the numbers. We need guys fighting for a 1st team jersey and giving everything for the cause...

Is this double Dutch ?  :turtle