January Arrivals

div

2 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Sometimes things that don't work out, and that is not always a bad thing . . . 

e.g. say we don't get out 1st, 2nd, or 3rd choice for a particular position... having a rethink and seeing who else might come could actually result in a better option in the longer term... it might not, but it surely could. There is no way our leadership are not working hard to make things happen as positively as they can...

We don't need anyone who really does not want to be with us 100% or who are not fit and willing to make a good contribution in the games ahead . . .  We don't need squad players to make up the numbers. We need guys fighting for a 1st team jersey and giving everything for the cause...

Is this double Dutch ?  :turtle

It's very balanced and fair so no place for it here. Sin Bin. :)

2 hours ago, whydowebother said:

No point stressing, what will be will be.

Who we get is who we get & who we don’t isn’t an issue.

Club is still on a downward spiral as it stands, here’s hoping it changes.

Downward spiral?  We are in our highest position for years.  Is it tough in this league?  Yes. 

What did you expect after the JR leaving fiasco followed by the AS time? 

Hamilton and Dundee are within 2 points of us. 

Would you prefer that we said "woe is me" and just roll over? 

I don't thinks. 

I expect signings either side of the window closing and to us giving it a good go to remain in the league. 

This is no time for faint hearts. 

Edited by St.Ricky

KTF fellow buds.

Still a long week to go, and as history tells us the last week can be really busy for clubs.

were still in the mix with Dundee and Hamilton so should be able to attract decent enough players, we definetly need reinforcements but this is a big window for Oran and he will be making sure he has the right player for the battle. 

Deep breaths guys, deep breaths.

4 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Downward spiral?  We are in our highest position for years.  Is it tough in this league?  Yes. 

What did you expect after the JR leaving fiasco followed by the AS time? 

Hamilton and Dundee are within 2 points of us. 

Would you prefer that we said "wow is me" and just roll over? 

I don't thinks. 

I expect signings either side of the window closing and to us giving it a good go to remain in the league. 

This is no time for faint hearts. 

It is if you are talking about the ones from mid Lothian.

It is also from the knicker-wetting fans.

So long as it is not from the players and management team. I am sure it is not .  :spud6

3 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Is anyone still buying strips and putting first team players names on them?

I dunno - this is literally for the player's strip as opposed to the club shop.

He called Lyons as well, although that was admittedly when we all knew he was signing anyway. I'd assume it was a normal order if it wasn't for the number 10s; we don't currently have one.

Edited by Magic Monkey

51 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

According to YOU LPM we're slashing our budget.

So explain this, that YOU posted just minutes later.

Now YOU are saying we're spending a larger budget.

If Carlsberg did stupidity.

Bonus point to you for seeing this - I really don't want to be the only one        :cheers

Thanks for one of today's laughs from him . . 

2 hours ago, thomsons dropped it said:

You have no idea,same as the rest of us, as to how much effort has gone in to bring players to the club. This is traditionally the hardest time to get players over the line.

At least wait the last seven days of the window that's left before making unsubstantiated claims about the Club.

Oh for christ sake. You don’t need to be privvy to transfer negotiations to see that we are struggling big time with our negotiations.

We were told we had a long list of targets all studied extensively all across Europe - quite clear to all that we are really scraping the barrell at this stage.

ETA - I am not doubting the club are trying to bring in players... however, do you get paid on effort or do you need to be a little competent at your profession as well?

Edited by W6Saint

1 hour ago, cockles1987 said:

According to YOU we're slashing our budget.

He’s been doing this all transfer window :lol:

The skint club that is forming out extra...think he’s got us and Sevco mixed up.

5 minutes ago, W6Saint said:

Oh for christ sake. You don’t need to be privvy to transfer negotiations to see that we are struggling big time with our negotiations.

We were told we had a long list of targets all studied extensively all across Europe - quite clear to all that we are really scraping the barrell at this stage.

ETA - I am not doubting the club are trying to bring in players... however, do you get paid on effort or do you need to be a little competent at your profession as well?

Perhaps someone tasked with recruitment at the club should have been paid a basic, with bonus when the required quality has signed and passed their probationary period?

1 hour ago, cockles1987 said:

According to YOU we're slashing our budget.

Oh dear the collective aliases of Cockles, sweep & corny cant read, and comprehend  a small paragraph very well, or are trying the old Fake News pish?

most readers can see the emphasis on Oran being given even more funds to sign free agents ( Ferdinand, Hammil, Jackson), before having to slash and burn through the squad in this window, having only recruited a third of those moved out so far.

sorry this is all roo much for you.

Guest TPAFKATS
Perhaps someone tasked with recruitment at the club should have been paid a basic, with bonus when the required quality has signed and passed their probationary period?
Do you know this isn't the case?