January Arrivals

div

7 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:
7 hours ago, pod said:

OK was on a hiding to nothing.  How many decent players what to sign for a club sitting at bottom of league. 

Begs the question then, why go to all the expense of sacking, then paying off a management team, paying compo for new manager and giving him loads more budget to bring in free agents, as well as hiring a load of extra backroom wallahs?

Surely to goodness even YOU can see why?  I mean what the fu*k else would YOU have to moan about.  DOH!:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Oh dear the collective aliases of Cockles, sweep & corny cant read, and comprehend  a small paragraph very well, or are trying the old Fake News pish?

most readers can see the emphasis on Oran being given even more funds to sign free agents ( Ferdinand, Hammil, Jackson), before having to slash and burn through the squad in this window, having only recruited a third of those moved out so far.

sorry this is all roo much for you.

did we not have to MANY players ......................ergo the need to reduce number but increase quality ......... much the same I would suggest that you need to improve with regards to your brain cells ...........         less off them, better quality.               B)

4 hours ago, W6Saint said:

Oh for christ sake. You don’t need to be privvy to transfer negotiations to see that we are struggling big time with our negotiations.

We were told we had a long list of targets all studied extensively all across Europe - quite clear to all that we are really scraping the barrell at this stage.

ETA - I am not doubting the club are trying to bring in players... however, do you get paid on effort or do you need to be a little competent at your profession as well?

I think the aim all along always was to get shout of about 50% of the squad Stubbs left behind and try and add 5 or 6 decent signings. I would imagine it has taken a fair amount of effort to offload Heaton, Kpekawa, King etc for starters.

Guest TPAFKATS
Just skimmed the last 8 pages and my eyes are bleeding. For what it's worth OK reminds me of Jack, and he took a wee while to get it right. I think we'll be OK. No pun intended etc.
We all hope so. We'll most of us do.

1 hour ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

I think the aim all along always was to get shout of about 50% of the squad Stubbs left behind and try and add 5 or 6 decent signings. I would imagine it has taken a fair amount of effort to offload Heaton, Kpekawa, King etc for starters.

Still waiting on the 5 or 6 decent signings! I’d say we’re weaker now than we were with  cammy smith and Adam Hammill gone 

14 minutes ago, Big Yards said:

Still waiting on the 5 or 6 decent signings! I’d say we’re weaker now than we were with  cammy smith and Adam Hammill gone 

Hammill yes.

Cammy - no. As much as I love what he did for us last season, he’s been near non-existent this season. By all means he isn’t the only one, far from it. But can he really be considered a loss when he’s had so little impact?