January Arrivals

div

13 minutes ago, billyg said:

I see Dundee U are trying to push through a loan deal for Osman Sow. With our chances of staying up looking slimmer by the week , why don't we push the boat out to get him. 6 ft 4 , 23 goals in 52 games for Hearts.

Indeed. And would be good to nab a leaked transfer target from a rival for once!

Someone will need to get on the phone to the club, doubt anyone is paying any attention to this!

43 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Since OK came to the club 

in: 13 

Out: 16 

81% 

in january 

in: 8 

Out: 12

66% 

Not close to half anyway you spin it.

The topic of discussion isn't about players signed since OK came to the club, nor is it about departures specifically in January!

Its about "January Arrivals"!

So you're spinning is irrelevant. As usual!

Edited by Wendy Saintss

18 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

So it’s official then. Freedom of speech is not tolerated on B&WArmy. :lol:

My posts (which I assume you are referring to) were in no way defamatory. I expressed an opinion which I am certain breaks no laws and it’s laughsble that you apparently shut them down for being off topic. You’re going to be a very busy man. 

The only thing that gets my goat is that trolls like LPM, Shull and Wendy get to bore the forum senseless and ruin it for everyone else with their incessant, repetitive pish, but as soon as someone manages to troll the troll it gets shut down. 

Either moderate the board properly Div or don’t do it at all. 

18 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Without wishing to prolong this further, I clearly never suggested my post was in keeping with the thread title. I suggested that if you didn’t want to be a hypocrite, you were going to be a busy man shutting down all off topic posts, 90% of which would be authored by the 3 idiots I  mentioned. 

17 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

A decent response.

So ban the 3 warmers in question and this board wouldn’t even need moderating. 

Meltdown! :lol:

I can't actually believe we are arguing about how many players have been signed as a percentage of the number that have left :lol:

Oran said he wanted a squad of 21-22. Looks like we might end up with 23-24 when all said and done.

The cup win and the departure of Rice potentially added a bit more to the pot and the long term injuries to Rogers and Hodson have also forced the hand a little.

Really there is no point arguing about absolutely nothing!

And please, again, don't open up that pish from yesterday again. I'll just remove it.

2 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Where did I say he wasn't wrong? :huh:

You are now implying that Div is wrong? He said that we would need to ship out more players before more came in. More were shipped out and so more came in. I think that's what actually happened isn't it?

I'm not implying Div is wrong, if Div said three in there is no implication needed, he was wrong. The difference is Div isn't wrong all the time across multiple subjects on here. I'm also sure he would hold his hands up if corrected, unlike LPM that either tries to spin out of it or downright ignores the correction. 

I personally didn't see Div say there would 100% only be three players in but I did see LPM post '10 leaving is a fantasy' and we 'will' recruit less than half the players that leave among other stupid comments. 

16 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Thank you for this post stating the bleeding obvious.

But just to be clear, I didn't call anyone a murderer. I said "Licensed" murderer.

As for it being my opinion, I really should have thought that was obvious, given that the point in question is not a matter of fact, but I humbly apologise for not making that clear and hereby declare it now.

Both of these posts are pointless anyway, as they will be removed for being....erm.....off topic.

Doesn't matter if you apply any prefix, you still made a false accusation inteded to do harm to he person or their reputation.

FFS a licensed haddock is still a haddock.  Are soldiers licensed anyway?

What you should do is apologise for making a wholly false statement about a felow poster.   

3 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

The topic of discussion isn't about players signed since OK came to the club.

Its about "January Arrivals"!

So you're spinning is irrelevant. As usual!

So you agree it's wrong to say January arrivals are 'still only half of what went out' 

No spin needed thanks. 

3 minutes ago, div said:

I can't actually believe we are arguing about how many players have been signed as a percentage of the number that have left :lol:

Oran said he wanted a squad of 21-22. Looks like we might end up with 23-24 when all said and done.

The cup win and the departure of Rice potentially added a bit more to the pot and the long term injuries to Rogers and Hodson have also forced the hand a little.

Really there is no point arguing about absolutely nothing!

And please, again, don't open up that pish from yesterday again. I'll just remove it.

It's a very good point. :lol:

2 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

Doesn't matter if you apply any prefix, you still made a false accusation inteded to do harm to he person or their reputation.

FFS a licensed haddock is still a haddock.  Are soldiers licensed anyway?

What you should do is apologise for making a wholly false statement about a felow poster.   

The usual Help the Heroes bleeting.

Want to ram their "service" in the name of the British state down everyone's throat. The minute someone tells them to ram it you don't hear the f**king end of it.

Why don't you just drop this and let us all get back to moaning about our lack of strikers?

7 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

So you agree it's wrong to say January arrivals are 'still only half of what went out' 

No spin needed thanks. 

January arrivals (8) - Tansey, Popescu, Hladky, Lyons, McAllister, Holmes, Dreyer, Muzek

Departures to make way for January arrivals (16) - Samson, Coulson, NBM, Kpewka, Smith, Willock, Kirkpatrick, McShane, Hamiill, Heaton, Jones, Edwards, Lyness, King, O'Keefe, Eckersely.

8/16 = 50% = exactly half

No spin required! Thanks.

Edited by Wendy Saintss

2 minutes ago, Kemp said:

The usual Help the Heroes bleeting.

Want to ram their "service" in the name of the British state down everyone's throat. The minute someone tells them to ram it you don't hear the f**king end of it.

Why don't you just drop this and let us all get back to moaning about our lack of strikers?

In keeping with the theme here, you sir (gender assumption there) are, in my opinion, talking bollocks and in my opinion you wouldn't dare say that stuff to anyone it actually applied to's face.

1 minute ago, Paisleyporridge said:

You bring the left back in

Put the right mid out 

You want a centre forward

As you shake it all about 

You do the Hokey Cokey

As you lose all count 

And that’s what its not  about 

Oh hokey cokey cokey

Oh cokey cokey smokey

Oh Hokey Cokey cokey

What the f—— are we on about

Did you write Mull of Kintyre ? 

I am only going by what it is being reported (or not) from the more trustworthy "in the know" accounts out there, but it looks like it is going to be a disappointing end to the window.

I got shot down on here at the start of the window for stating my disappointment that despite having had several months of working with the knowledge the squad would need a complete overhaul we didn't appear to have anyone secured for the key positions. We have been messing about getting rid of perfectly good players like Lyness and Cammy Smith, bringing in goalkeepers, and not addressing the serious issues.

Today we are seeing Dundee United make much more ambitious moves than us.

I hope I am wrong here and we have some deals about to be closed, but given Kearney is talking in his press conference about waiting about to see whoever is available as a free agent then it looks like our director of football and new scouting system has delivered very little indeed.

6 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

January arrivals (8) - Tansey, Popescu, Hladky, Lyons, McAllister, Holmes, Dreyer, Muzek

Departures to make way for January arrivals (16) - Samson, Coulson, NBM, Kpewka, Smith, Willock, Kirkpatrick, McShane, Hamiill, Heaton, Jones, Edwards, Lyness, King, O'Keefe, Eckersely.

8/16 = 50% = exactly half

No spin required! Thanks.

So the January arrivals only count if they came in January but the making way for them can start much earlier - Like NBM getting sent away and Jackson coming to replace him  -BM counts but Jackson doesn't - yes its easy to see how twisted folk can be to argue they are right.   

AND even if you stand by the above it falls if we make even 1 more signing, which we certainly will do . . .

:spud7

Just now, Kemp said:

I am only going by what it is being reported (or not) from the more trustworthy "in the know" accounts out there, but it looks like it is going to be a disappointing end to the window.

I got shot down on here at the start of the window for stating my disappointment that despite having had several months of working with the knowledge the squad would need a complete overhaul we didn't appear to have anyone secured for the key positions. We have been messing about getting rid of perfectly good players like Lyness and Cammy Smith, bringing in goalkeepers, and not addressing the serious issues.

Today we are seeing Dundee United make much more ambitious moves than us.

I hope I am wrong here and we have some deals about to be closed, but given Kearney is talking in his press conference about waiting about to see whoever is available as a free agent then it looks like our director of football and new scouting system has delivered very little indeed.

Hope your wrong but fear your not