January Arrivals

div

32 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

If that's what Div said he is right yes. I was going on your original comment which was clearly miss-leading. As I said I had not seen any post from Div saying what you claimed. 

I was not wrong. See my previous posts, you asked what LPM had been wrong about and I quoted several wrong claims. 

You've tied yourself in knots again! :lol:

1 minute ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Ferdinand isn't a January arrival. Hence why I haven't included him in a discussion about January arrivals!

You are clearly spinning.

LPM clearly said there would be less than half the arrivals compared to the departures. There has been more than half the arrivals compared to the departures in January. He never mentioned less than half if you count all the other players that have left since OK came in. 

Good effort though, 

1 hour ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Div also said that we'd only recruit 3 to 4 players at the same time as LPM. They both said that to recruit more players then more would need to leave.

Why the need to be abusive?

19 minutes ago, div said:

Since people seem to be debating something I said, here's what I actually said on 10th Jan.

So at that point I said we'd bring in 2-3 more (Tansey is already in the squad list as you can see) unless we moved others out.

Since that post (on 10th Jan) we have shipped out Cammy Smith, Cole Kpekawa & Adam Eckersley so that 2-3 more then became 5-6 more.

We've since brought in 7 more. One of whom is a goalkeeper who is cover for Rogers who got injured.

I wasn't that far off!

1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

Seems pretty spot on to me. Should have known Wendy would be during half a story 

Deary me Brazil! You've shot yourself in the foot big style. Yet again! :lol:

1 minute ago, Wendy Saintss said:

I could ask you the same question, can't you read?

There have been 8 January arrivals and 16 were shipped out for them. That's half!

All 16 out did NOT happen in January . . . 4 were before this … and with the ins which you don't count is Ferdinand who re signed . . . . 

Take a look at the BBC website -  Scottish Premiership ins and outs - January 2019

In: Greg Tansey, midfielder (Aberdeen); Vaclav Hladky, goalkeeper (Slovan Liberec); Mateo Muzek, defender (Shakhter Karagandy). Loan: Mihai Popescu, defender (Dinamo Bucharest); Anders Dreyer, midfielder (Brighton & Hove Albion); Jordan Holmes, goalkeeper (Bournemouth); Brad Lyons, midfielder (Blackburn Rovers); Kyle McAllister, forward (Derby County).

Out: Cammy Smith, forward (Dundee United, undisclosed); Adam Hammill, midfielder (Scunthorpe United); Ian McShane, midfielder (Falkirk); Jordan Kirkpatrick, midfielder (Alloa Athletic); Dean Lyness, goalkeeper (Raith Rovers); Conor O'Keefe, forward (Stranraer); Cole Kpekawa, defender; Jeff King, midfielder. Loan ended: Alfie Jones, defender (Southampton); Ryan Edwards, midfielder (Heart of Midlothian). Loan: Josh Heaton (Kidderminster Harriers); Adam Eckersley, defender (Forfar Athletic).

8 players in -  11 first team players out + O'Keefe

3 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

You've tied yourself in knots again! :lol:

‘Div also said that we'd only recruit 3 to 4 players at the same time as LPM’ 

this is what I based my response on and said I was going on your word it was true. 

Div has since confirmed it is not true and you were spinning part of a post. 

Like I say, good effort but you can’t back up claims LPM hasn’t been wrong on multiple occasions throughout his recent transfer comments. 

2 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Awkward, looks like you were wrong that ‘LPM said more would come in if more would leave’  ‘maximum’ also apparently more than 10 leaving is ‘fantasy’ :rolleyes:

Trouble is LPM says a lot of stuff and constantly changes his ideas as the various things he previously said are disproved.

He started saying we would only get 2 or 3 in ;  then it was 4 or 5 maximum - but as we now know it is 8 already.  :guinness

It is time to stop arguing this all out . . . I am out on this...

Just now, Sweeper07 said:

Do you think they have given up and gone home?

Deadline is midnight - work ends then for a wee break before the free market shuffles  :ninja 

There does seem to be an air of resignation about deadline day for us, but I wouldn't give up hope just yet.

January windows are an awful time to do business. Realistically we were always going to be reliant on waiting for players to end their contracts elsewhere. When that happens we're at the mercy of the agents.

For every deal we think we've lined up, agents will have touted him to other teams saying exactly how much we offered.

Moving forward hopefully we've now got in place the infrastructure to get deals sorted as early as possible, as we messed up this season by having no contingency for Ross leaving despite that being apparent from before we won the league.