January Arrivals

div

4 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

No doubt about it a striker is needed still 8 players in I think when they gel ( soon I hope ) we can make 10th. I'm a Saints fan with a glass half full. 

Good for you - I am a Saints fan with the glass running over . . .  it takes all types   :spud7

https://www.gsp.ro/fotbal/liga-1/exclusiv-dinamo-a-mai-cedat-un-jucator-laurentiu-corbu-a-fost-imprumutat-la-st-mirren-558881.html

Put into Google Translate and you get:

Dinamo escaped an undesirable. Right-back Laurentiu Corbu, 24, was loaned until the end of the season at St. Mirren, in the first league in Scotland, where two weeks ago, and the late Mihai Popescu.

Although Laurenţiu Corbu is the defender of Dinamo who made the most mistakes this season in League One, Mircea Rednic announced that he did not rely on his services, so the defender did not travel to Antalya camp. In the last period, the right defender was trained separately in Săftica, under the command of the second Iulian Mihăescu, along with the other undesirable from the lot, Katsikas and Pesici. Laurenţiu Corbu is at Dinamo in 2015 when he was brought from Urban Titu. This season, Corbu scored 13 matches. St. Mirren is ranked last in Scotland's first league, with 12 points in 23 matches. Both Corbu and Popescu were brought to St. Mirren by FIFA agent Antonis Antoniou.

30 minutes ago, Stu said:

https://www.gsp.ro/fotbal/liga-1/exclusiv-dinamo-a-mai-cedat-un-jucator-laurentiu-corbu-a-fost-imprumutat-la-st-mirren-558881.html

Put into Google Translate and you get:

Dinamo escaped an undesirable. Right-back Laurentiu Corbu, 24, was loaned until the end of the season at St. Mirren, in the first league in Scotland, where two weeks ago, and the late Mihai Popescu.

Although Laurenţiu Corbu is the defender of Dinamo who made the most mistakes this season in League One, Mircea Rednic announced that he did not rely on his services, so the defender did not travel to Antalya camp. In the last period, the right defender was trained separately in Săftica, under the command of the second Iulian Mihăescu, along with the other undesirable from the lot, Katsikas and Pesici. Laurenţiu Corbu is at Dinamo in 2015 when he was brought from Urban Titu. This season, Corbu scored 13 matches. St. Mirren is ranked last in Scotland's first league, with 12 points in 23 matches. Both Corbu and Popescu were brought to St. Mirren by FIFA agent Antonis Antoniou.

Christ they really didn't like Popescu, after them telling us he was leaving their Cypriot Concentration Camp to join us, they now have him DEID !!! And they are glowing about this new chap, player who made the most mistakes, from the undesirable lot training with the stiffs. Bet he's delighted to get away.

Edited by Ayrshire Saints

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

I never said they weren't doing their job, I said that questions should be asked over their respective roles in this window when their main priority was clearly to bring in at least one centre forward to improve the squad and we are less than 4 hours away from the window closing and not achieving that. 

There absolutely should be questions asked if it passes with so many new faces and not a single centre forward. What has Gus brought to our transfer dealings in this window that wasn't brought when we signed 10 players 2 seasons back? 

Why are we continually and very publicly announcing we are 'nearly there' with signings only for them to invariably fall through time and time again? 

If you don't think there is anything to be worried about, that's completely up to you but personally, I think it's quite concerning. 

Starting with the begging of Lewis Morgan to please come home by our own chief exec on his twitter account complete with praying hands. I love Fitzy but FFS, that was absolutely cringeworthy and was the moment I pinpointed that there was no chance Morgan would even give us a second thought again. 

As is the public announcement of our signing strategy being that we are so far down the food chain so need to wait on other clubs doing their stuff and hope we get thrown scraps here and there.... Is THAT the much lauded scouting strategy we were promised?

Much more diddy clubs than us would never even f**king dream of saying that sort of thing publicly. 

I'd like to take this opportunity to tell myself to shut the f**k up and stop being a whining prick. 

That is all.