January Arrivals

div

46 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Nothing to do with the quality of the guy. More to do with the roaring and greeting about our apparently shite signing policy and the fact that we weren't going to sign anyone on deadline day. Also, I'm very calm given the good laugh I had at the state the likes of yourself got into yesterday. emoji16.png

I'll happily admit I'm usually quite positive and not at all a panic merchant but went off on one. :lol:

The mere mention of the free transfer market on deadline day when clubs around us were getting shit done had my knickers sodden. And you really don't want sodden knickers when your piss is boiling. 

Ironically I'd be OK with them now using it if they had to pad things out with another player but that's now to supplement what is a pretty rounded out squad on paper. 

There's a massive difference between using the market and relying on it. We would have been relying on it which was what worried and irked me. 

Edited by djchapsticks

41 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Of course, he’s foreign and you’ve never heard of him!

He must be rubbish then! :lol:

You must be furious! :1eye

Don't think you can ask for much more than a guy who had a very decent season at League 2 and then League 1 level football last season, getting 12 goals and 8 assists in 24 starts (and 15 sub appearances) and got a move out of it. 

It's not worked out at his new side but to be fair they are flying high in the top 6 of the Belgian league and he can't break into a side who is overperforming against their expectations . 

I'm happy with this signing. Happier than I would have been with Mcmillan who has a good scoring record in Ireland and decent in Perth but a poor injury history since being over here. 

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

Nothing to do with the quality of the guy. More to do with the roaring and greeting about our apparently shite signing policy and the fact that we weren't going to sign anyone on deadline day. Also, I'm very calm given the good laugh I had at the state the likes of yourself got into yesterday. emoji16.png

Yeah, the absolute state some grown men got themselves in to yesterday :lol:

8 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Yeh, must be tough getting paid loads of money to do a job they love. My heart bleeds.

In order to understand, you would need to have had a stressful job which came with responsibilities at some point in your life. 

Obviously you have not reached that level yet.

26 minutes ago, Hambud said:

Online saints fans are brilliant.

9.30pm fuxake McPherson get to f**k!!

10pm we're going to win the league!!

A guy on P&B wrote a huge post about our scouting network and it’s failings.

30 mins later we sign two players.

To be fair, he did apologise :happyclapper

2 hours ago, FTOF said:

I’m as I was yesterday. Calm, hopeful, excited but cautious. I hope our gamble pays off.

The signing policy can be judged in May when we know if we’ve achieved our goal. If we’ve achieved our goal then as I said i’ll be first on here to eat humble pie. OK and Gus will have well earned the trust of the whole fanbase by that point (well, most).

I was reading the BBC Sport article where OK said Nazon was the striker we had “been crying out for” couldn’t help but get very painful flashbacks to Bahoken...

2 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Of course, he’s foreign and you’ve never heard of him!

He must be rubbish then! :lol:

You must be furious! :1eye

Hi Captain:1eye:1eye:1eye

27 minutes ago, Seaside Nipper said:

Ten , eleven signings in January ?????......................someone list em please, I'm interested, but time poor and bone idle

In: Greg Tansey, midfielder (Aberdeen); Vaclav Hladky, goalkeeper (Slovan Liberec); Mateo Muzek, defender (Shakhter Karagandy). Loan: Mihai Popescu, defender (Dinamo Bucharest); Laurentiu Corbu, defender (Dinamo Bucharest); Duckens Nuzon, forward (Sint Truidens); Anders Dreyer, midfielder (Brighton & Hove Albion); Jordan Holmes, goalkeeper (Bournemouth); Brad Lyons, midfielder (Blackburn Rovers); Kyle McAllister, forward (Derby County).

And of course Ferdinand resigned too

47 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

It's probably worth sparing a moment for Tony, Gus and Oran.

That must have been a pretty stressful end to the window for them especially.

Gordon too I imagine.

Just hope to hell Oran can get this group of players on the same page overnight.

Three games in the next week should help.

1 minute ago, St.Ricky said:

Three games in the next week should help.

It would have been better to have had them in for a few weeks before playing 3 games in a week  -but it is what it is.

Hope we get a positive bounce right from the off this week, but so long as we beat Motherwell and Utd, I would be delighted . .

Would love to win on Saturday too though also . . . .   :turtle

I doubt we'll get anything at Ibrox; i think from a pragmatic persrpective it would be good to let the new guys find their feet in the team prior to Wednesday and cup game the Saturday after and not worry about the result this weekend too much. If we win those two games then things will be looking a lot rosier.

It'll be exciting to see all the new players on Wednesday night - I'm going to have the blinkers on over the weekend and stay focused on that game :-)

In order to understand, you would need to have had a stressful job which came with responsibilities at some point in your life. 
Obviously you have not reached that level yet.

I can imagine that in your job, cleaning the toilets in Burger King, that you face stress all the time.

Did you make up your Walter Mitty persona as a pretend scientist to deal with it?

16 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:

So you've made up something I said then posted some irrelevance to back it up?

Comedy gold! :lol:

I think you'll find my posts have been completely in line with your nonsense. 

‘So, close to half. LPM is correct IMO. 

‘Div also said that we'd only recruit 3 to 4 players at the same time as LPM. They both said that to recruit more players then more would need to leave.

LPM did not say more would need to leave, I quoted what he said. LPM said less than half, he was by no means close

‘8/16 = 50% = exactly half. No spin required! Thanks’

Two additional signings last night clearly mean even by your warped take on it, he was  wrong.

‘So, going by your interpretation, its 8/15. Nor far off half!’ ‘There have been 8 January arrivals and 16 were shipped out for them. That's half!’

Willing to admit that by any definition now it was wrong?

31 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I think you'll find my posts have been completely in line with your nonsense. 

‘So, close to half. LPM is correct IMO. 

‘Div also said that we'd only recruit 3 to 4 players at the same time as LPM. They both said that to recruit more players then more would need to leave.

LPM did not say more would need to leave, I quoted what he said. LPM said less than half, he was by no means close

‘8/16 = 50% = exactly half. No spin required! Thanks’

Two additional signings last night clearly mean even by your warped take on it, he was  wrong.

‘So, going by your interpretation, its 8/15. Nor far off half!’ ‘There have been 8 January arrivals and 16 were shipped out for them. That's half!’

Willing to admit that by any definition now it was wrong?

Is this really so freeking important to you?

I reckon all fans should watch 'Sunderland Till I Die' to gain some knowledge of the trials and tribulations of running a football club. There may be more understanding and less urine swilling about.

Well done our management in what has been an extremely stressful time for all of them.