January Arrivals

div

2 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

No you are wrong in "essence" and in fact! As a full pro Hammill has had 7 loans.

"A fair few moves" = 12

Your question is irrelevant to the point in discussion. I'm not comparing Hammill's ability with Sammon! I used Hamill as an example that someone who has loads of loans and clubs can still be a good signing. The example therefore makes your point about Sammon's loans and clubs irrelevant!

I'd rather pick Lionel Messi than Hammill or Sammon.... but just like your comparison.... its irrelevant!

Hammil it is then.

5 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

10 goals in 24 starts for a terrible Partick side just last season is decent.....

Yeah, it's really not bad. In fact, that's pretty much his career-best goals average (at a glance, that is,. I've not done all the sums.) 

Maybe we could do worse after all... We'd still need to load the side with width and pace around him. Neither of which we really have.

Edited by Magic Monkey

I am dont think a CF the likes of Sammon is important to us. Cooke is just as good. Oran tried to keep us in games ala Gus for the last 6/7 before split and he has strengthened the back and midfield .

Be really interesting to see how we set up against a lower Championship team tomorrow, hardly great practise for Celtic /Hibs games.............

I am actually pretty encouraged with our Jan biz so far 

51 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Didn't he come up with Popescu, Hladky and Tansey and those we have still to sign in this window?

You are missing my point. I'm not saying Boyd won't do a job but we hardly need to be paying someone for months to come up with his name.  Three so far - you can't give any credit for players we may or may not sign in the future, that's a complete unknown especially if they are of the ilk of Sammon and Boyd. 

2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

You are missing my point. I'm not saying Boyd won't do a job but we hardly need to be paying someone for months to come up with his name.  Three so far - you can't give any credit for players we may or may not sign in the future, that's a complete unknown especially if they are of the ilk of Sammon and Boyd. 

So you're saying that because we now have Gus, that we should only sign players that none of us have heard of? :lol:

:1eye

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

No I got your point - but as yet we do not know if Boyd or Sammon are really going to be signed... the other 3 we do know about...

Even if one or other was signed, it does not negate the good work already done by our management team. We were in dire straits (squad wise when OK arrived) - they have unloaded 15 with more today which is absolutely amazing and completely necessary - let's give them the window they have to show what else they will bring in... whatever that finally amounts to. In my humble opinion it will give us a future in the Premiership - this was no minor task - so I will be positive and supportive about what is going on to make this happen... I won't judge any of their signings until the season is over...

No you are wrong in "essence" and in fact! As a full pro Hammill has had 7 loans.
"A fair few moves" = 12
Your question is irrelevant to the point in discussion. I'm not comparing Hammill's ability with Sammon! I used Hamill as an example that someone who has loads of loans and clubs can still be a good signing. The example therefore makes your point about Sammon's loans and clubs irrelevant!
I'd rather pick Lionel Messi than Hammill or Sammon.... but just like your comparison.... its irrelevant!
Hammill wasn't on loan he signed a short term contract, that's the problem with loan players they don't perform as well players that have signed for us. No to Boyd and Sammon. Although i will take Lewis Morgan back because of his affinity to st mirren but he is an exception.

31 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

I am dont think a CF the likes of Sammon is important to us. Cooke is just as good. Oran tried to keep us in games ala Gus for the last 6/7 before split and he has strengthened the back and midfield .

Be really interesting to see how we set up against a lower Championship team tomorrow, hardly great practise for Celtic /Hibs games.............

I am actually pretty encouraged with our Jan biz so far 

Cody Cooke has scored a total of 0 goals at this level.

Connor Sammon has a proven track record.

What makes you think Cooke is anywhere near as good as Sammon?

Sammon would be a distinctly underwhelming signing. Seems as if some things we had in the pipeline have not came off well and as a result we’ve collapsed into a panic. 

Letting our (arguably) best player from last year go; Targetting Conor Sammon; Accies signing a very good player in Andreu; luckily Dundee’s business so far has been terrible...

2 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

What a load of pish

If I understand what he is trying to say there, it isn't a load if pish.

Our record in the loan market is f**king terrible. Kearney said himself he wants to get away from that in the future, but we need to take what we can at the moment. 

Lyons is obviously an exception as a player Kearney already knows well. Taking punts on guys from the EPL though is almost always a disaster for Scottish clubs.

15 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Cody Cooke has scored a total of 0 goals at this level.

Connor Sammon has a proven track record.

What makes you think Cooke is anywhere near as good as Sammon?

I said he was just as good. Sammon recent record is just as poor...... and I dont see it being a step up. Plus the coaches know Cooke .

Cooke is not the answer either , we need to stop losing goals first and it that regard we were better towards the end of December

2 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

I said he was just as good. Sammon recent record is just as poor...... and I dont see it being a step up. Plus the coaches know Cooke .

Cooke is not the answer either , we need to stop losing goals first and it that regard we were better towards the end of December

It's just been shown above that it clearly is not :lol:

"The coaches know Cooke". Aye, they know he can do f**k all....hence why are looking at Connor Sammon!

39 minutes ago, Jrok said:

that's the problem with loan players they don't perform as well players that have signed for us.

Apart from Lewis Morgan, Charlie Adam, Ismael Goncalves, Graham Carey, Paul Dummett, Connor Newton, Paul McGowan, Scott Cuthbert, Barry Lavety, etc, etc, etc....

Edited by Wendy Saintss

I think Sammon plays a similar style to Sam Parkin, and he was an underwhelming success up front for us.
Unbelievable to think that Parkin won a league up winner's medal while he was with us.

Not thrilled with the potential Sammon signing but he’s far more mobile than Parkin was. And still has some pace.