January Arrivals

div

If I understand what he is trying to say there, it isn't a load if pish.
Our record in the loan market is f**king terrible. Kearney said himself he wants to get away from that in the future, but we need to take what we can at the moment. 
Lyons is obviously an exception as a player Kearney already knows well. Taking punts on guys from the EPL though is almost always a disaster for Scottish clubs.

It is a load of pish

Just look at our league cup win to prove it’s a pile of pish.

We have signed tons of permanent players who have been rotten.

6 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

It is a load of pish

Every signing is a risk - loan or permanent - some hit it off, others don't - that is why our management are especially interested in the players attitude as well as his ability.

Watch us sign some winners, but not all will be 100% successes. As long as a number are, we are progressing... onwards and upwards (in the League at least)

I would be shocked if we could sign a 20 year a goal striker on our budget. Sammon's phisical side has always impressed me which could compliment Jackson also in the box set peaces as such I would not be disappointed if we signed Sammon. 

The last f**king thing we need is a 20 years for a goal striker !!! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

2 hours ago, spankin_panda said:

Sammon has hardly been a prolific striker anywhere he went, which is a concern but if he does sign then I'd give the guy my backing, like all saints. 

However, as for the latter guy, I canny stand him, however, knows where the back of the net is and has been prolific, would take him versus the above!

IMO, I would rather someone a bit more, erm, hungry (sorry Kris) and with youth on their side, but I know that's a hard thing to come by and we are up against other competition in that department....

I seem to recall another Irish striker who bombed with us recently only to go on to pick up caps, play at the World Cup and currently doing pretty well in the English Championship. 

20 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

It is a load of pish

Exceptions that prove the rule.

And packing the squad with them just gives the place a journeyman feel. As we have witnessed in the first half of this season!

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

I am dont think a CF the likes of Sammon is important to us. Cooke is just as good.

48 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

I said he was just as good. Sammon recent record is just as poor

DJ I was a wee bit worried about your judgement there.

Thank Feck you clarified that. I have seen Cooke in every game he has played for the first team and I haven't seen him do anything good. In his initial games he was worse than useless and despite being a head bigger than the spartans defence he couldn't win a a header.

In his recent games I personally don't think he was much better and IMO Jackson didn't improve playing beside him.

As OK obviously sees something in him, I hope he improves and comes good but until he does WE NEED A STRIKER.

13 minutes ago, nedflanders123 said:

I seem to recall another Irish striker who bombed with us recently only to go on to pick up caps, play at the World Cup and currently doing pretty well in the English Championship. 

I spent ten minutes trying to work out who you were talking about.

The therapy must have worked, had totally forgotten about him.

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

No I got your point - but as yet we do not know if Boyd or Sammon are really going to be signed... the other 3 we do know about...

Even if one or other was signed, it does not negate the good work already done by our management team. We were in dire straits (squad wise when OK arrived) - they have unloaded 15 with more today which is absolutely amazing and completely necessary - let's give them the window they have to show what else they will bring in... whatever that finally amounts to. In my humble opinion it will give us a future in the Premiership - this was no minor task - so I will be positive and supportive about what is going on to make this happen... I won't judge any of their signings until the season is over...

Offloading was the relatively easy part - it's bringing in better quality that will be difficult and with 14 out a 4 in there is plenty work still to do.  Again is wasn't negative, I said Boyd could well do a job I just expected more given the fanfare of the new recruitment structure.. Technical director style set-ups usually require a manager to identify positions he wants filled. The scouting process then usually identifies at least 2 possibly 3 players for that position and it's narrowed down from there. Talk of Boyd, Sammon and the Cardiff boy suggest to me that is not happening. I'm not saying we won't have signed / will sign some better players it just doesn't seem to me as if the brief we were sold is being fulfilled when it comes to the recruitment process.

32 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

DJ I was a wee bit worried about your judgement there.

Thank Feck you clarified that. I have seen Cooke in every game he has played for the first team and I haven't seen him do anything good. In his initial games he was worse than useless and despite being a head bigger than the spartans defence he couldn't win a a header.

In his recent games I personally don't think he was much better and IMO Jackson didn't improve playing beside him.

As OK obviously sees something in him, I hope he improves and comes good but until he does WE NEED A STRIKER.

Thanks Mate:wink:

Glad someone actually read my post. Cooke is not up to standard but Sammon is smoked  

1 hour ago, pandabreath93 said:

Gus signed Marc Corcoran therefore I trust him to make good signings. It was only the fans who didn't appreciate how good he was. The St Mirren boo boys don't like players who take a man on. The only like wee defensive minded midfielders who run about alot.

Are you related to Marc :wink:

Guest TPAFKATS
I think Sammon plays a similar style to Sam Parkin, and he was an underwhelming success up front for us.
Unbelievable to think that Parkin won a league up winner's medal while he was with us.
We also don't have a tommo as first choice ahead of sammon.