January Arrivals

div

13 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Would you rather have Kyle McAllister or would you rather we brought back Ryan Edwards?

I can't help but wonder who has pushed for this (McAllister) loan deal.

OK must know absolutely nothing about Kyle's capabilities during his time at GHR. Wasn't Gus long gone before Kyle made his first team breakthrough ? So who is deciding our signing policy ? Is it Tony ? Or Gordon ?

Who the F*ck is in charge of team selection nowadays ?

Please tell me it is OK, regardless of the contrary evidence.

Just now, Wilbur said:

OK must know absolutely nothing about Kyle's capabilities during his time at GHR. Wasn't Gus long gone before Kyle made his first team breakthrough ? So who is deciding our signing policy ? Is it Tony ? Or Gordon ?

OK will pick the team - but the management team are all working for the same purpose. This is how is ought to be...

No doubt Gordon or Tony have thrown his name into the hat and Gus and OK have been to see him play...

If he stays fit he has plenty to offer - at least the same energy as Edwards but with actual football ability - it is a no brainer my friend

1 hour ago, Wendy Saintss said:

I never said it was. I clearly said that you'd ignored it. :wacko:

:1eye

You're tying yourself in knots again! :lol:

Again, excuse me for thinking one of the most negative people on here was yet again making a negative comment. I never thought for a second 'maybe he's commented something more positive earlier on' Now I wonder why :whistle

1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

Take two asprin and lie down in a darkened until the feelings of paranoia and conspiracy drift gently away.  Either that get yourself a bacofoil hat and prepare for the worst.  Seriously bud, chill.

1 hour ago, santaponsasaint said:

Anton Ferdinand is staying he has announced on Twitter. More great news

Best news yet, glad it was sorted now and we weren't left in the lurch when the window closed. Starting to look optimistic, but lets see this new side in a couple of league games before we get carried away. Should send Hoody's mob packing tomorrow.

39 minutes ago, div said:

He said ideally he'd prefer us not to be so reliant on loans and to have more stability but appreciates that right now in the current situation we find ourselves in that the loan market is one that we have to utilise as best we can.

Money will be the reason for loan deals, as in still paying wages for the Stubbs signings still under contract, plus not able to commit to a budget when we could be back down a league. You could try for short term deals, but mainly those are guys no one wants, and they would all rather sign an 18 month deal in January.

44 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

He’s played 23 games this season

If you think English reserve football stands any player in good stead for first team football let alone a relegation battle then you’re in for a shock. We already witnessed this with Hayden Coulson and Alfie Jones for the first 3 months he was here.

15 minutes ago, W6Saint said:

If you think English reserve football stands any player in good stead for first team football let alone a relegation battle then you’re in for a shock. We already witnessed this with Hayden Coulson and Alfie Jones for the first 3 months he was here.

That's not what you said though.

You said that he'd played "very little football".

Clearly he has played a fair bit.

For every Coulson or Jones there's a Dummett or Newton.:wink:

I presume that you're also putting Brad Lyons into this category too given that he's only really played regularly for Blackburn U-23's.

Edited by FTOF

1 hour ago, W6Saint said:

An injured player who has played little football in a year and a half is as much use as a player who isn’t deemed good enough.

1 hour ago, Wendy Saintss said:

He’s played 23 games this season

19 minutes ago, W6Saint said:

That's absolutely not what you said though. 

You said he's played little football in a year and a half and the poster corrected you by saying he's played plenty of football in the last 6 months.

Regardless of level, minutes on the park = match fitness and it appears that Kyle is match fit.

21 minutes ago, W6Saint said:

One way or other. Some will go into shock if we go down, some will be shocked if we stay up.

1 hour ago, Jrok said:
1 hour ago, Cornwall_Saint said:
Would you rather have Kyle McAllister or would you rather we brought back Ryan Edwards?

Would you rather have Kyle McAllister or lee hodson.

Depends what position you are talking about. Midfield McAllister, defence Hodson. Impossible to make a decision between players who play different roles. Plus you talk as if one is replacing the other, they will likely play in the same team.

At present my starting XI is:

----------------------------------Hladky---------------------------------

-----P McGinn------Ferdinand------Popescu------Erhahon----

---------------Hodson-------S. McGinn-------Tansey---------------

-----------------------McAllister---------Lyons------------------------

-----------------------------------Jackson-------------------------------

Still a few glaring holes in that side but at least looks decent on paper  - obviously hard to compare Popescu to Jones just yet or the goalkeepers as we don't know either of them but the only squad member leaving who has notably weakened us on paper is Adam Hammill. 

Hopefully plenty of creativity and chances to be made between Kyle McAllister and Brad Lyons who are both very attack minded. Once Kyle Magennis gets back as well the midfield looks quite decent from that point of view.

From here, a Left back, a proven centre forward (or two if Scott Burns on Twitter is to be believed) and at a push another winger would see us set nicely for the run in and allow us to adapt a few different ways to play.

46 minutes ago, W6Saint said:

McAllister looked a better player than Stevie Mallan when they played in the same St Mirren side in the Championship. Stevie Mallan went to Barnsley had hardly got a game, played reserve football and has walked into the Hibs midfield and been one of their top players and top scorers this season.

9 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

This should be in the At present my starting XI is:

----------------------------------Hladky---------------------------------

-----P McGinn------Ferdinand------Popescu------Erhahon----

---------------Hodson-------S. McGinn-------Tansey---------------

-----------------------McAllister---------Lyons------------------------

-----------------------------------Jackson-------------------------------

Still a few glaring holes in that side but at least looks decent on paper  - obviously hard to compare Popescu to Jones just yet or the goalkeepers as we don't know either of them but the only squad member leaving who has notably weakened us on paper is Adam Hammill. 

Hopefully plenty of creativity and chances to be made between Kyle McAllister and Brad Lyons who are both very attack minded. Once Kyle Magennis gets back as well the midfield looks quite decent from that point of view.

From here, a Left back, a proven centre forward (or two if Scott Burns on Twitter is to be believed) and at a push another winger would see us set nicely for the run in and allow us to adapt a few different ways to play.

:offtopic  Think this is meant in the St. Mirren  v Alloa Thread